Come On Ye Mo - Montrose FC 2018/19

Seems to be just a rumour or whoever it is has gone away to think about it. SP said this afternoon he still hoped to have at least two more in soon. Skelly the new signing is injured and unlikely to feature in the friendlies at least. Things look to be moving in the right direction, but patience required.

Ferguson has signed again after I thought being released initially. Decent squad player though.

A great Family Fun Day today with activities all over the pitch, stands and even the perimeter with Bar - BQ's, face painting and various stalls etc. Good to see all the players attend and give all the kids, and there were loads of them, penalty shoot outs, dribbling contests, autograph signing sessions and lots more. The players did extremely well by generally mingling and chatting to the fans young and old (me  being the latter!). A fantastic event by a great now family orientated football club. Even the Scottish county dancing on the pitch on a warm sunny day was good to watch even to Sassenach me! Well done the Mo.

1 hour ago, CaspianChris said:

I will be hoping to see Montrose have a decent season this year after their fantastic title win.  It had been to long since they had a very good season.  All the best for season 18/19.

Cheers. Was hoping to get you lot in the League Cup as it's ages since we played you in a meaningful game. Good luck in the coming season and hope you don't bugger it up again.

1 minute ago, MOFOREVER said:

Cheers. Was hoping to get you lot in the League Cup as it's ages since we played you in a meaningful game. Good luck in the coming season and hope you don't bugger it up again.

The last competitive meeting between the sides I think was around 1999 or 2000 roughly in the Scottish Cup at Links Park.   I remember being there for a 2-0 United win, I am sure Jamie Buchan got both.

21 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

The last competitive meeting between the sides I think was around 1999 or 2000 roughly in the Scottish Cup at Links Park.   I remember being there for a 2-0 United win, I am sure Jamie Buchan got both.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure it was 2001. We beat Arbroath in the previous round. They beat us first but the match had to be replayed because the filthy cheating c***s fielded an ineligible player. The replay was a draw then Montrose won the second replay with a Mike McKenzie inspired performance at a freezing cold gayfield.  

Yeah. I'm pretty sure it was 2001. We beat Arbroath in the previous round. They beat us first but the match had to be replayed because the filthy cheating c***s fielded an ineligible player. The replay was a draw then Montrose won the second replay with a Mike McKenzie inspired performance at a freezing cold gayfield.  
I remember walking up the high street behind a couple of Arabs and overheard their conversation on the way to that game. It went something along the lines of 'they're all teuchters up here, the pubs don't even open on a Sunday'.
I mean we're 30 miles up the road. And aren't all Arabs from Angus?

Don’t be horrid. Anyways it was actually 2 ineligible players [emoji106]