Come On Ye Mo - Montrose FC 2018/19

On 5/26/2018 at 17:52, 1320Lichtie said:

What would a Clyde fan know about League 1?

Oh come on be fair, I'm sure some Clyde fans have memories that stretch back as long as 9 (nine) years ago.

Welcome to the new and exciting world of the League 1 forum Montrose fans. Genuinely hope you can make a good go of it this season, unless it's in any way at our expense and in that case yous can get fucked.

Edited by Gordon EF

Any news regarding a right back or a striker?Would have loved to have kept Cammy but he deserves a crack at queen of the South and I hope it goes well for him.

Lewis Milne,Martin Rennie, Craig Johnson and Josh skelly so far a strike force with another to come in , the striker I heard every fucker is after him but football is a funny old game and anything can happen.

Things seem to have a gone a bit quiet with John Rankin aswell, obviously weighing up his options but would be a good experienced addition to the squad hope it goes through.

2 hours ago, mo83 said:

Any news regarding a right back or a striker?Would have loved to have kept Cammy but he deserves a crack at queen of the South and I hope it goes well for him.

Lewis Milne,Martin Rennie, Craig Johnson and Josh skelly so far a strike force with another to come in , the striker I heard every fucker is after him but football is a funny old game and anything can happen.

Things seem to have a gone a bit quiet with John Rankin aswell, obviously weighing up his options but would be a good experienced addition to the squad hope it goes through.

I think SP is still keeping his options open until he knows who he gets through the door. For instance if we get another good midfielder in then Terry Masson could move to the right wing back role. TBH I don't think he is a RB but thinking about it we don't play with natural full backs anyway. Both Cammy and Steeves spent most of their time in attacking wing back roles to great effect. Tez could do that job as he loves to get forward and without that we'd miss his goal threat. Meanwhile the back three of Matty, Sean and Bolo carry on as normal. If on the other hand SP gets in a good replacement RB who is fit enough to get up and down the wing like Cammy did, and defend as well then Tez could stay in midfield along with Jamie Redman.

As I say, it depends who SP gets in as to who plays where but the good thing last season is that we had good cover in every position with several utility players. The only time I recall being over stretched through lack of bodies was the 0-3 away to Clyde - but I missed the 2-6 debacle at home to the Blue Toon thank goodness.

Has he signed for queens like? I know the rumour was kicking about but heard nothing since.

Has he signed for queens like? I know the rumour was kicking about but heard nothing since.
Ballantyne is going on trial would think he would get signed to be honest.

10 hours ago, mo83 said:
10 hours ago, NM_1919 said:

Ballantyne is going on trial would think he would get signed to be honest.

Why just on trial ? Had Naysmith not seen enough if him to sign him .Do you think he is good enough to play in the Championship .?

He is a right back likes to get forward ?

1 hour ago, endieinreekie said:

Having not seen much Championship football it's difficult to say whether he is good enough but I would say he probably has the attributes to do well. He's quick, got good control, can defend and great at getting forward.

He's also got Scottish Under 21 caps - Ok I know that doesn't mean a lot these days but I'd be astounded if he doesn't make the grade at Championship level with the right coaching and players around him. You did well to get him and would be mad not to get him more permantley signed up before somebody else nips in.

21 minutes ago, MOFOREVER said:

He's also got Scottish Under 21 caps - Ok I know that doesn't mean a lot these days but I'd be astounded if he doesn't make the grade at Championship level with the right coaching and players around him. You did well to get him and would be mad not to get him more permantley signed up before somebody else nips in.

That is what I was thinking have him in on  trial he does well then he ends up signing for a bigger Championship club  big risk 

heard theres a chance you will be getting matt henvey in from us on loan. ill be honest ive seen very little of him as has only made 4 first team appearances, scoring once. i know he is rated highly at dens and i expected him to be supporting our first team next season

heard theres a chance you will be getting matt henvey in from us on loan. ill be honest ive seen very little of him as has only made 4 first team appearances, scoring once. i know he is rated highly at dens and i expected him to be supporting our first team next season
I read the Dundee thread regular so I know he's well thought of on there.
I'd personally be delighted if we do get him on loan and just may be what we need at the start of this season.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I read the Dundee thread regular so I know he's well thought of on there.

I'd personally be delighted if we do get him on loan and just may be what we need at the start of this season.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

hes young but quick and strong. think he would be more than capable in Lg1 and would bemefit all parties if he got games.