Come On Ye Mo - Montrose FC 2018/19

McCord doesn't seem to be the normal profile of player SP goes for- either ex-Premier Leaguer in the later stages of the career, or youngster emerging from reserve team football or the juniors. I'm not totally convinced on taking a punt on a guy who seems perennially unfit. No denying his talent though.

I like Martin Rennie a lot and he's been a great find, but finding another foil for him is a key task.

McCord doesn't seem to be the normal profile of player SP goes for- either ex-Premier Leaguer in the later stages of the career, or youngster emerging from reserve team football or the juniors. I'm not totally convinced on taking a punt on a guy who seems perennially unfit. No denying his talent though.
I like Martin Rennie a lot and he's been a great find, but finding another foil for him is a key task.
I can't see the McCord deal happening either to be fair ,unfit and cant see where he would play if we get Flood or Rankin still leaves us with Callaghan,Masson and Redman overloaded in that area.Throw in Foxy and Watson aswell if they get kept.Can see him going to Peterhead or something.

I would drop/bench Callaghan, and as much as it pains me to say it CJ.... :wacko:

I expect Watson will go Youth or something, or a bench option 

I have never rated Fotheringham, Can't necesarily see Yano, Kerr Hay, Ferguson  staying either

Can we keep in no particular order:  Fleming, Dillo, Bolo, Matty Allan, Steeves, Readman, Masson,  Webby, Lewis Milne,  Rennie - and please get Cammy back!

Jordan Miller should stay if he is happy enough, but i would absolutely stick with Flem as #1

Edited by maz1974

I would drop/bench Callaghan, and as much as it pains me to say it CJ.... :wacko:
I expect Watson will go Youth or something, or a bench option 
I have never rated Fotheringham, Can't necesarily see Yano, Kerr Hay, Ferguson  staying either

Can we keep in no particular order:  Fleming, Dillo, Bolo, Matty Allan, Steeves, Readman, Masson,  Webby, Lewis Milne,  Rennie - and please get Cammy back!
Jordan Miller should stay if he is happy enough, but i would absolutely stick with Flem as #1
Yano signed a year extension along with flem a few months back .Same with most of the rest of the squad,Only player's I've not heard that are not signed yet are Bolo,Redman,Masson and Lewis Milne.The rest like Kerr hay,Conor McLaren etc will be gone is imagine.Getting Ballantyne back for next year would be superb but I can imagine he is attracting interest from other clubs that are full time.

Yano signed a year extension along with flem a few months back .Same with most of the rest of the squad,Only player's I've not heard that are not signed yet are Bolo,Redman,Masson and Lewis Milne.The rest like Kerr hay,Conor McLaren etc will be gone is imagine.Getting Ballantyne back for next year would be superb but I can imagine he is attracting interest from other clubs that are full time.
Cammy would be great but I don't think he'll be with is next season unfortunately. Hopefully we get Lewis Milne signed up ASAP, fantastic little player.

They all did very well during our league winning campaign but no time for sentiments. Club must improve in a league which will be tough. In my opinion, I would get rid of Ferguson, Webster, Cavanagh, Hay, CJ and Mclaren.

I would reckon Cavanagh, McLaren, Webby, Callaghan and CJ at least will be released. I'd like to see Ferguson stay on because I liked him when he was playing regularly, a real threat going forward, but he hasn't featured for a while so may be off too. I'd like to see Hay stay because there's potential there. Not sure about Fotheringham, seemed a bit trimmer towards the end of the season, but may not be up to playing at a higher level. Watson, sad to say, will probably be gone too.

Seems to be a lack of players coming in so far. IMO better to get players signed up early doors, particularly when competing with 3 other Angus clubs at the same level. In Petrie We Trust.

I would reckon Cavanagh, McLaren, Webby, Callaghan and CJ at least will be released. I'd like to see Ferguson stay on because I liked him when he was playing regularly, a real threat going forward, but he hasn't featured for a while so may be off too. I'd like to see Hay stay because there's potential there. Not sure about Fotheringham, seemed a bit trimmer towards the end of the season, but may not be up to playing at a higher level. Watson, sad to say, will probably be gone too.
Seems to be a lack of players coming in so far. IMO better to get players signed up early doors, particularly when competing with 3 other Angus clubs at the same level. In Petrie We Trust.
Am sure webby and callaghan have both signed a year extension last year.The rest I would agree with,would keep either foxy or watson but probably not both.Sp does like a big squad so he can rotate the team through the season like he did last year to good affect.

So, Hay, Fraser and McLaren gone. Not fussed by McLaren going, Fraser has scored goals for us in the past so he goes with my gratitude and Hay, I thought, had the potential to be a decent player but never seemed to get a decent run. Any news of incomers?

So, Hay, Fraser and McLaren gone. Not fussed by McLaren going, Fraser has scored goals for us in the past so he goes with my gratitude and Hay, I thought, had the potential to be a decent player but never seemed to get a decent run. Any news of incomers?
Not a clue cant wait to find out though.

Good luck to all three wherever they end up. Contracts and new signing announced later tonight I believe.

Forgot we had as many signed up for next season already, 18 players. I would imagine there'll be 1 or 2 more to come in still.
Yeah club just runs so much better and a professional approach. A couple of 2 year deal there with Steeves and Dillon looks good bit of business.