Come On Ye Mo - Montrose FC 2018/19

1 hour ago, Aloysius Snuffleupagus said:

Hello and goodbye, as we toddle down to take your place.

Brilliant achievement to win the League and he's hoping you can stay up; if we can get three seasons out of it; there's no reason why Montrose can't

Feel for you guys. We've been so lucky. 22 years - and the closest we've come to relegation was a playoff! (tongue very much in cheek) Hope 2018/19 is a better season for you and yes, I will be rueing my feeble attempt at wit, if we're in the same boat as you this time next year.

Cammy Ballantyne away from Dundee utd,How good would it be to get him back to links park.He enjoyed his time with us and spoke highly of the club so definitely worth a try.

4 hours ago, mo83 said:

Cammy Ballantyne away from Dundee utd,How good would it be to get him back to links park.He enjoyed his time with us and spoke highly of the club so definitely worth a try.

Totally agree. Problem will most likely be that he wants to remain full-time. Would love him to stay though as he must know he's a crowd favourite and guaranteed first team football at LP.

Ballantine / Dillon / Rankin /McCord / Flood

Be like a United XI team that youd see in a pre season friendly

Can't see them all signing but with Sir Stewart Petrie on the case I wouldn't be surprised.Ryan McCord is a fantastic talent, did he ever play striker for you lot or was it always in centre midfield.

Can't see them all signing but with Sir Stewart Petrie on the case I wouldn't be surprised.Ryan McCord is a fantastic talent, did he ever play striker for you lot or was it always in centre midfield.

Played as striker a few times for his pace and aerial presence! He is a great talent and i was sad to see him go, goos signing for the mo especially if he can get fit

Played as striker a few times for his pace and aerial presence! He is a great talent and i was sad to see him go, goos signing for the mo especially if he can get fit
Those last 5 words have followed his career. He seems to get fatter season by season, a real shame as he has bags of talent and really ought to be playing at a higher level.

Those last 5 words have followed his career. He seems to get fatter season by season, a real shame as he has bags of talent and really ought to be playing at a higher level.

He got away with it in L2 because half the teams are absolute pish but not able to do that in this division.

Had a good scoring run which included a few penalties for us playing in the hole behind Danny Denholm (who was upfront when we never had a fit striker) who done all his running for him.

I loved him and remember all his good moments but he’s also had a few games this season where the games just totally passed him by cause he couldn’t keep up so can see why he’s left.

13 hours ago, Girth said:

Montrose sadly collecting Dab rejects. 

:thumbsdown:thumbsdown:thumbsdown

We wouldn't say no to Boyler, if you'd still had him!

ETA You did the same with Simon Murray, so a bit of pot calling kettle black tangerine there, (Although he wasn't a reject:just an ex-Arab.)  We'd have him back too!

Edited by Brummo
Past perfect

2 hours ago, Brummo said:

We wouldn't say no to Boyler, if you'd still had him!

ETA You did the same with Simon Murray, so a bit of pot calling kettle black there, (Although he wasn't a reject:just an ex-Arab.)  We'd have him back too!

Please take him. 

Thank you.

I know it isn't Get tae Friockheim day yet but are any other Mo fans finding that after all these years in League 2 (formerly known as 3), it feels weird and even slightly illicit to be looking at another forum.

I've just added SL1 and removed SL2 from "My News" on the BBC News app. 

I really find it hard to believe that we've finally got out of jail a.k.a. SL2. It's certainly taking a while for it to sink in.

Having tasted freedom, I certainly hope we can stay out of there. 

I know it isn't Get tae Friockheim day yet but are any other Mo fans finding that after all these years in League 2 (formerly known as 3), it feels weird and even slightly illicit to be looking at another forum.
I've just added SL1 and removed SL2 from "My News" on the BBC News app. 
I really find it hard to believe that we've finally got out of jail a.k.a. SL2. It's certainly taking a while for it to sink in.
Having tasted freedom, I certainly hope we can stay out of there. 

Yep, have also switched my BBC tabs from L2 to L1. It's the little things but feels great. Have heard various rumblings about the squad but look forward to official announcements on arrivals / departures.

Congrats to Montrose, great season and hope you guys can stay up next season. Forgiven for beating us in the cup. Loads of derbies for you guys next season as well so should be exciting. 

Also if you guys do stay up, and we cant manage more than one season in the championship (which would be the 4th time in 10 years) ill look forward to away days to Montrose, never been up there.

I keep opening up the League 2 forum then thinking, 'What the f**k am I doing reading about these uber diddies'.
Amazing how a bit of success turns you into an arsehole.

Anyway I'll miss trips to Elgin and Stirling.

At least I can still rubberneck the Clyde thread meltdown when things go awry in December.

Looking forward to trying to get to a couple of new grounds if work schedule allows. Mon the Mo!

It still feels like forbidden fruit looking in here! 

Lack of Clyde/Berwick diddies for at least a year - pleasing. Only saddened to miss the 2 jaunts to Elgin, would love a cup trip there if it came to be.

Too early to worry about squad in any forensic detail, but strikers are the biggest must. I suspect the biggest difference between this league and the bottom is the lack of free hits against really poor teams (Cowden, Ed City, Berwick, Clyde pre-Lennon) so a solid defence on its own will not be enough. That said, the framework of the two leagues is very similar with almost all PT teams, so there's no reason a team winning L2 won't be fine in L1. The dividing line in quality is now Championship and L1, as Brechin found out oh-so-very cruelly last year. (I'd probably take 8th right now though...)

Should be a good season,  especially with a pile of derbies, only 2 long hauls down to the Solway, and some opponents normally well off-piste from our usual slope. Bring it on..

It still feels like forbidden fruit looking in here! 
Lack of Clyde/Berwick diddies for at least a year - pleasing. Only saddened to miss the 2 jaunts to Elgin, would love a cup trip there if it came to be.
Too early to worry about squad in any forensic detail, but strikers are the biggest must. I suspect the biggest difference between this league and the bottom is the lack of free hits against really poor teams (Cowden, Ed City, Berwick, Clyde pre-Lennon) so a solid defence on its own will not be enough. That said, the framework of the two leagues is very similar with almost all PT teams, so there's no reason a team winning L2 won't be fine in L1. The dividing line in quality is now Championship and L1, as Brechin found out oh-so-very cruelly last year. (I'd probably take 8th right now though...)
Should be a good season,  especially with a pile of derbies, only 2 long hauls down to the Solway, and some opponents normally well off-piste from our usual slope. Bring it on..

Last season Raith and Ayr were both really strong for different reasons. Raith very good defensively and Ayr when they were at it played some brilliant stuff but both very effective over a season. Whilst Queens Park and Albion Rovers were terrible.

Would guess Dumbarton and Brechin will be slightly easier opponents than this years Alloa team and certainly easier than Ayr United, although Raith never went up. Going by rumours so far I think they’ll be weaker though.

Would also expect Montrose and Stenny to be an improvement on QP and Albion.

There’s no Berwicks/Cowdens/Edinburgh City’s. Said it on the Airdrie thread just the other day but our League 2 winning team would’ve been in and around the bottom last season. Probably similar to Forfar.

What do you think Petrie will do with a lot of your league winning team? Be tough to get rid of or drop players especially guys like Masson/Watson etc.

Think there’ll be big changes?

Last season Raith and Ayr were both really strong for different reasons. Raith very good defensively and Ayr when they were at it played some brilliant stuff but both very effective over a season. Whilst Queens Park and Albion Rovers were terrible.

Would guess Dumbarton and Brechin will be slightly easier opponents than this years Alloa team and certainly easier than Ayr United, although Raith never went up. Going by rumours so far I think they’ll be weaker though.

Would also expect Montrose and Stenny to be an improvement on QP and Albion.

There’s no Berwicks/Cowdens/Edinburgh City’s. Said it on the Airdrie thread just the other day but our League 2 winning team would’ve been in and around the bottom last season. Probably similar to Forfar.

What do you think Petrie will do with a lot of your league winning team? Be tough to get rid of or drop players especially guys like Masson/Watson etc.

Think there’ll be big changes?
I expect a few changes for sure and we certainly need to strengthen a couple of areas from what we have.
The one thing I would say is Petrie as well as understanding the game, himself and the coaching squad improve players. I know the fitness levels and strength conditioning are so much higher.
Don't know if it would happen but if say a McCord did come on board and commit to the gym work as well as diet control, I'd think the team at Montrose could make him something special.