Come On Ye Mo - Montrose FC 2018/19

Apparently we're in talks with John Rankin. No idea how he got on at Queens but on paper he seems like a decent signing.

Surely for this league, he would be more than good enough

Apparently we're in talks with John Rankin. No idea how he got on at Queens but on paper he seems like a decent signing.
Would be a very welcome addition if we get him,am sure he will have a few offers though.

Just googled John Rankin and from his Twitter pic. looks like he's channeling Clark Kent.

Let's hope he reveals his other identity in a Mo shirt!

OMKY0R6w.jpg

Edited by Brummo
Spelling it out for clarity

Would I be right in saying that the last time Ayr won a league was the last time Ayr and Montrose were in the same division?
Anyway, no hard feelings about the cup ding dong early in the season, congrats on the league 2 championship, love from the league 1 champions xxx

On 5/12/2018 at 12:12, Jeff Venom said:

Would I be right in saying that the last time Ayr won a league was the last time Ayr and Montrose were in the same division?
Anyway, no hard feelings about the cup ding dong early in the season, congrats on the league 2 championship, love from the league 1 champions xxx

The last time we played each other in the league was 1995/6 so if you won the league that season the answer is 'yes.' Congrats to you guys too - a pair of winners the two of us which is not what I expected after seeing that cup ding-dong early on!

6 hours ago, MOFOREVER said:

The last time we played each other in the league was 1995/6 so if you won the league that season the answer is 'yes.' Congrats to you guys too - a pair of winners the two of us which is not what I expected after seeing that cup ding-dong early on!

Stirling Albion won the league that year. An Arnold Dwarika inspired East Fife finished 2nd. Ayr finished 6th but won the league the following season.

Which players do the Mo fans think can handle the step up to L1? Any promising young players? Or will it be a large rebuild this summer so you can compete?
John Rankin sounds like an incredible signing for Montrose if it's legit.
Theirs not really anyone in the team I'm concerned with who I don't think will not make the step up if I'm being honest but time will tell.Petrie signed the bulk of the players he wanted to keep last season so their is no major rebuilding on the card's. Think it said in the paper he is looking for 4-5 players which is probably about right.Matty Alan young centre half and Andrew steeves left back are the most promising young players we have at the minute,very bright future for the both of them if they keep playing the way they do.
Sean Dillon has been a tremendous signing also very lucky to have him signed up for another year,John Rankin on paper would be a excellent signing too.

Stirling Albion won the league that year. An Arnold Dwarika inspired East Fife finished 2nd. Ayr finished 6th but won the league the following season.
Yep, big cartwheeling McCormick for Stirling Albion. And Ayr nabbed Robert Scott from East Fife? I've a picture with him and the division 2 trophy.

Yep, big cartwheeling McCormick for Stirling Albion. And Ayr nabbed Robert Scott from East Fife? I've a picture with him and the division 2 trophy.
Did Stirling have big Gary Paterson playing for them around about that time?

2 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:
8 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

I was gutted when Robert Scott left East Fife. He was my favourite player as a kid. Did he not win promotion to the 1st division and then sign for a 2nd division side a couple of years in a row?