Toulon Tourney 2018

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Dullard Bluteau said:

I do understand the FIFA criteria and that other countries can and do use them. I don't care about players eating haggis (disgusting stuff) or singing the national anthem (disgusting anthem) Don't know what a pizza crunch is, mind you. I have said endlessly that I have nothing against English people, just that they shouldn't be playing for us, they have their own country and its a better team than ours by far.

I heard the commentator last night say that over half the Tunisian team were born outside that country, it didn't seem to do them any good however that's their business. Do you concede that there are many like me who believe that the inclusion of players who are not Scottish  is not only bad for our domestic  game but denies home based players the chance to represent their country ? There was an age old argument previously about home v anglos which used to enrage fans here when unknown players from down south were often picked before fans favourites here. Every one of those players, however, were Scots, and tended to play for the top English teams. Nowadays we are picking unknown second and third division players and are at the lowest point in our history with no sign of qualification in sight. Please at least have the decency to respect my opinion whilst not agreeing with it.

I wont have a dig at Thistle although I did recently, I hope and expect a right good challenge from them this season and the team of Jimmy Davidson, Johnny Mackenzie and Alan Rough will always have a place in the top echelons of our game.

Under your rules of "only play for the country you're born in", what International team should Kieran Tierney play for?

Folks, you're not going to change his mind. Stop biting to it. Just ignore  it. Please. I'm getting tired of having to skip past the responses to the likes of Blutes, Pep, and others. 

I hate to sound a bit whiny here, but it seems to happen all the time and just takes away from what is normally superb (and at times wonderfully daft and light-hearted) debate.

On 6/8/2018 at 13:16, King Kebab said:

How exactly does Ronaldo Vieira actually qualify to play for England when he is born in Guinea-Bissau and actually hold Portuguese nationality, I'm going to assume it's through the "schooling for 5 years" rule same as young Dembele at Celtic!!!

Surely this is a rule that WE should be exploiting more if at least as much as our neighbours, how about a Scottish Government sponsored Scholarship Scheme with our Scouts scouring the African continent looking for 10-12 year old football talent and bringing them over here stuff them in to High School and reap the benefits 5 years later???

Obviously having the likes of Bleauts and various Daily Mail readers losing their shit over it would be delicious!!!

There is only one flaw in this plan. As well as going through the Scottish education system they would have to go through the Scottish youth coaching system.

3 minutes ago, Consolidate said:

Ellan Vannin presumably? :unsure2:

Yes, quite. Which means Kieran Tierney can't ever compete in UEFA or FIFA tournaments. You'll note the Dullard has slithered off never to return after that question, I suspect either (a) his head has burst trying to work it out or (b) he realises the stupidness of his stance and has decided to leave it there.

16 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

You mean like Andy Robertson?  He's shite eh.

No voter found.

Over 30 European countries have qualified for major tournaments since we last did.  Our clubs,  except Celtic,  can't get past the preliminary rounds in Europe. Scots made up less than half of the players in  the Celtic line up.  But one guy got to the champions league final, so you're right there's nothing wrong with our coaching. 

Also my opinion on Scottish football standards has a direct link to my politics. What was I thinking.

9 hours ago, thisal said:

Over 30 European countries have qualified for major tournaments since we last did.  Our clubs,  except Celtic,  can't get past the preliminary rounds in Europe. Scots made up less than half of the players in  the Celtic line up.  But one guy got to the champions league final, so you're right there's nothing wrong with our coaching. 

Also my opinion on Scottish football standards has a direct link to my politics. What was I thinking.

You said not only is Scottish youth coaching shite but even Scottish education.  Not only are you an utter fanny, you're also a raging no voter and factually inaccurate.  I noticed no supporting evidence to your idiotic utterances.

13 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

You said not only is Scottish youth coaching shite but even Scottish education.  Not only are you an utter fanny, you're also a raging no voter and factually inaccurate.  I noticed no supporting evidence to your idiotic utterances.

I didn't offer any argument about the standard of Scottish education because I didn't comment on the standard of Scottish education.

I only passed comment on the state of youth coaching in Scotland in the last 20 odd years and somehow from that that you have came to the conclusion I am critic of the education system and you know my political leanings. Your paranoia is pouring out you. Are you an escapee from the Politics Forum.

12 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Think you're having a wee comprehension problem there Pep.  Would've thought if you were to be published, you'd at least have to be able to read first.  But then I suppose it works for footballers...

Haud on a second...

Internet forums have been around for a while now. I'm amazed that some people still treat them like a conversation in the pub and make up any old tripe, confident that things like Google and wikipedia can't be used to expose their compulsive lying.

5 hours ago, forameus said:

Think you're having a wee comprehension problem there Pep.  Would've thought if you were to be published, you'd at least have to be able to read first.  But then I suppose it works for footballers...

Haud on a second...

Turns out you are too.  Colour me astonished.

11 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Turns out you're full of shit champ.  Who'd have thunk it.

10 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Turns out you are too.  Colour me astonished.

ffs

Archived