21st Ideas?

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

I did nothing on my 21st Birthday apart from going out for dinner and getting my hole off my then-girlfriend.

We split up not long afterwards but at least we got to share that experience. I wasn't bothered though, she bought shite presents anyway.

What did you have for tea?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, gannonball said:

What did you have for tea?

I had nachos for a starter and Enchiladas for the main. She had some sort of soup and macaroni cheese. Who the f**k goes out to a restaurant and orders soup and macaroni cheese?

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

I had nachos for a starter and Enchiladas for the main. She had some sort of soup and macaroni cheese. Who the f**k goes out to a restaurant and orders soup and macaroni cheese?

Ive also found macaroni cheese a dish for simpletons, it was also my ex’s favourite. As a Mexican food lover I salute your meal choice.

I did nothing on my 21st Birthday apart from going out for dinner and getting my hole off my then-girlfriend.

We split up not long afterwards but at least we got to share that experience. I wasn't bothered though, she bought shite presents anyway.

sounds like you need to put more effort into getting your hole.

and at least you didnt get an extra shit present from her 9 months later!

edited as predictive text is shit!

Pasta and cheese sauce (fusili and tagliatelle are the only decent pasta choices here) is delightful. Home made cheese sauce of course. Pepper is a good addition, but should be larger peppercorns in a grinder, not the finer stuff. 

Bits of chopped bacon through it are optional but deeply tasty 

17 hours ago, Estragon said:

How many people are going?

Like I say his actual party is being organised by his girlfriend, this is really only as a present from the four of us that have been chumming about since P1

11 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Mustard in the sauce as well. Lovely.

This is outrageous.  Somebody is pulling his hair out trying to organise something for a 21st Birthday and the thread has been hijacked and turned into something about macaroni and cheese.  It is a disgrace!

Having said that, I must admit that I do like Macaroni and Cheese and I agree with everything that has been said already.

Occasionally, instead of using mustard, I have tried using horseradish.  It was different.

I notice that nobody has mentioned what cheese?  Presumably cheddar every time.
Using mozzarella can be a disaster or so I am told.
Using Danish Blue is a quick way to lose friends
Crumbly cheeses such as Cheshire, Lancashire and Feta can be a bit unusual.  Not entirely sure there.

Also, some people suggest adding breadcrumbs and putting it under the grill.  Sounds nice.

Finally, I would like to suggest having a 21st birthday party competition to see who can make the best macaroni and cheese.
Do I get half a point for that?

Pasta and cheese sauce (fusili and tagliatelle are the only decent pasta choices here) is delightful. Home made cheese sauce of course. Pepper is a good addition, but should be larger peppercorns in a grinder, not the finer stuff. 
Bits of chopped bacon through it are optional but deeply tasty 
Macaroni cheese is delicious.

A small amount of french mustard in the sauce is delicious.

At the stage of melting butter for your sauce, a whole garlic clove, smashed then infused in the butter and removed provides a nice background flavour.

If you do not use a whisk whilst making a cheese sauce, you are shite at making cheese sauce.

You are talking shite re pasta. Short cut pasta ie macaroni is the correct and only choice. Penne is acceptable. Tagliatelle in a cheese sauce is a claggy mess. Further education available.

Like I say his actual party is being organised by his girlfriend, this is really only as a present from the four of us that have been chumming about since P1

So, going on this thread it’s punching Shandon par, then an owl sanctuary and then a homemade mac’n’cheese. Happy fuckin’ birthday!

I used mozzarella once and it was one of the most stupidest things I have ever done. I had it in my head that it would melt and be really sticky but instead it was just a soft ball of cheese [emoji38]

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

If your friends aren’t up for ‘going to a new place and getting steaming,’ may I suggest finding new friends? Who doesn’t love a sesh in some Scottish shitehole? Fannies. 

The best days are with your closest mates, who are usually as equally bonkers as you, in some dark hole in some shitehole part of the world where anything goes and there will be no recriminations.

Any shitehole will do, Fife is a good shout.

Archived