21st Ideas?

Right P&B I'm organising a group of us going out for a 21st, not the main party he is doing that himself, or should I say his girlfriend is.

So a group of us just want something decent to do but come up with the same old suggestions Go Karting, paintball etc.

I was thinking getting the train to somewhere in Scotland and doing a pub crawl (not pub golf, that can get in the sea) but that hasn't grabbed any one's imagination. Has any of you been on a decent birthday party recently?

He's into music but I would prefer to keep him out of reach of a guitar for at least one day. 

N.B suggestions regarding hiring disabled actors and abusing them are not welcome. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.  

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of twats non Edinburgh people seem to enjoy coming to the Capital and going on pub crawls for their 21st. Might I suggest the following itinerary:

Oman's, The Grey Horse, The Grapes, Good Companions, The Gunner, The Ferry Boat will all welcome a group of merry 21 year olds with open chibs arms

St Andrews has a ridiculous amount of pubs per sq m. and groups of young guys won’t stand out. Plus you can wander the cathedral, beach/cliffs etc to work up a thirst. 

Or come to the capital and the lot of you do a boxing lesson. That works up a thirst and being whipped to near death together is good bonding. 

Have a look on Groupon. There’s often pretty leftfield group activities. 

Spend the day frequenting pubs in a place you don’t normally go. Assuming you’re in Fife, St. Andrews is a good idea if nobody stays there. Brought Ferry a bit further afield seems to have a good pub to square foot ratio. Queensferry (both) could be an idea. Or just stick with the grass market in Edinburgh which is close to perfect if it’s sunny. Just the day though. Once you start to get a bit fucked return to where you know.

Archived