Dundee vs. Patrick Thistle - 12/5/18

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really warms my heart the Dundee lads want us to stay up, if I've not said it already, absolute sound c***s man. 

Holiday mode for Dundee please, can't be caught and can't catch Saints, so might as well just soak up not being relegated and give us a well needed 3 points.

Neil McCann could field his under 17’s and Archibald would still play for a draw.

What happened to Archibald? Seemed like he had things going in the right direction last season with a top 6 finish.

As much as I want Thistle to stay up, I'll be heading to Dens on Saturday hoping to secure our 4th win from 5 post-split games. Fingers crossed we don't relegate them, but think we have to be aiming to sign off with a win and a clean sheet.

Can't see Ross County getting anything from St Johnstone so think Thistle will be fine regardless of this result. Hopefully the Jags avoid any injuries and leave with a bit of confidence for the play-off, you guys are plan B for keeping the Dabs down if Livi f**k up.

Anyway looking forward to this match along with the pre and post match bevvy.

Seems to be a love fest here with us Dark Blues not wanting the Jags to tumble into the abyss. So whilst I always enjoy trips to Firhill and a pint below the old stand I think we need some needle here as I'm sure that the fermers will stuff County.
So you jaggy cuntos, hope your rain soaked City lets you use some soap before you come through to the sunny side of Scotland on Saturday.
And with that extreme abuse please accept my very best wishes for trouncing the hammer throwing Livvie boys or the lily livered day glo tadgerines to stay up with us.

Whilst this thread is one of the best I’ve read in a while, and we appreciate the support and heartening banter from the dark blues, sadly I have a feeling we’re in full downfall mode. The players have one last shot to show the manager they have the quality along with the frankly the baws to put in a display to win the three points but time after time we fail as the quality is really lacking. It’s a bit like Ragnarok it’s going to happen no matter what. We can’t stop it, is my feeling. Saints shouldn’t lose to County at home but they probably will. We therefore know a win against a Dundee side relieved to be safe and mentally more relaxed are very beatable, but we probably won’t.
Motherwell game 2nd half was shocking. I fully expect us to be playing championship football next season. Prove me wrong players!

Dundee played well last night lots of effort and commitment and put the boot in when required.

Really can't see McCann accepting anything different on Saturday.

In saying all that it's easy for players to go into holiday mode when nothing's on the line.

Dundee 3

Partick 4

I will take perverse delight in watching the partick boys hiding behind there hands or running to the bog every 5 minutes during this game.

#KeepTheBogRoll

1 hour ago, kevthedee said:

Dundee played well last night lots of effort and commitment and put the boot in when required.

Really can't see McCann accepting anything different on Saturday.

In saying all that it's easy for players to go into holiday mode when nothing's on the line.

Dundee 3

Partick 4

I will take perverse delight in watching the partick boys hiding behind there hands or running to the bog every 5 minutes during this game.

#KeepTheBogRoll

Us scoring 4

j jonah jameson laughing GIF

I'll be too pished to care come Saturday mate. 

Us scoring 4
 giphy.gif

I'll be too pished to care come Saturday mate. 

County have scored 4 against us this season. So did Rangers. So did St Johnstone...

;)

We've been relegated from the top division of Scottish football 4 times*

1970,82,96 : all confirmed vs Dundee United. 

2004**: confirmed vs Dundee. 

Bugger 

*not counting 1975 reconstruction when we finished 13th out of 18

**well, confirmed bottom vs Dundee. Confirmed relegated when every other SPL club except Tayside's good guys voted for ICT to replace us. 

Hopefully Partick win, and Motherwell win 10-0, unfortunately thats quite unlikely.

Hope they match Ross County score though, and manage to stay up through the playoffs. 

Archived