Motherwell v Accies (The don’t get pumped derby)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are horrendous. That is what makes me think twice about buying s season ticket for next year. Rojano is so fucking bad but people will still call for him to start next season because he runs around a lot. Imrie should be taken out the back and put down Old Yeller c**t. The defence is a catastrophe at least 3 centre halves needed next season or we will be in this mess again. 5 at the back does not work when you play Imrie and a midfielder at wing backs.

Thank f**k for Templeton we’d have been down before Christmas if not for him. Serious changes needed next season.

Shree and easy for the reserves.

Enjoyable final day in the sun- fair number of youth players in the team, big Nadz on form, played some good stuff on the deck, scored 3 goals and managed to break the club clean sheet record as well. 

Just about everyone gave a decent account of themselves but big Ciftci was a class above. That pass in the first half was just delightful and if the one that cannoned off the bar 2nd half had went in it would have rounded of a terrific performance. 

Difficult to really gauge how good we were though cause Accies were absolutely rotten and already on their holidays. Even Petravicius was pulling out backheels and ripping the piss(still utter humpty though).

Decent crowd as well and a nice way to round off a successful season at Fir Park. 

No McHugh or Cadden and no heid the baw up front to punt it too = enjoyable football.

Been saying it for ages our youth players are better than most of the haddies we bring up here from down south.

McLean can't get in the team cos of Cadden, Frear and Petrivicius, aye right.

If we play that team and style of football next season it might actually be worth the expense of the season ticket.

Will except  one more turgid shitefest if we win the cup but next season has to be more like today and less like most other days this season.

On 11/05/2018 at 18:05, Tamdunk said:

Robinson said some folk would be rested for the final, so should be a fairly 2nd string team.

And it was. Only 3 regular 1st team players. Next time we will play our under 20’s and give our wee neighbours a chance......

Enjoyed that today. Did not expect such a comfortable win with the team line up. 

But we achieved 7th and kept our 20th clean sheet of the season. 

I suspect Ya Bezzer May have a season ticket for one more season only. He clearly expects Barcelona type performances from a team with modest resources. I have seen better and more fluent Motherwell teams but NONE that have got us to 2 cup finals and comfortably clear of relegation. It may come as a shock but I would rather trust Robinson and Lasley to kick on. 

Pumped off a reserve side and we didn't pick up any injuries, very pleasing stuff indeed,  never seen a team so bad at crossing the ball as accies were today, fairly helped to relieve any danger that could've been caused.

League season over, finished 7th and 20-odd points clear of relegation with a record number of clean sheets - totally satisfactory for me. Some can quibble with the style of play but the style of play that we have has delivered a league finish that every one of us would have accepted at the start of the season.  If someone can tell me how we play million-pound football when your average wage is £40k and the 2nd lowest in the league, I (and Stephen Robinson) would like to hear it.

I enjoyed today in the way that I always enjoy meaningless wins - sitting back in my seat instead of perched on the edge and not bothering to shout for every decision. It was nice to see us pass the ball a bit more - but it would be deluded to think that we would be doing that in an actual game instead of against a patched up team who survived on goal difference who were playing at a quarter of the intensity that they normally do against us.

I thought Grimshaw was a joy to watch today - just as before the LC final, he has hit form and will surely be snapping at Scott Brown's heels next Saturday. Although not everything came off for him - Turnball looks like a footballer and one that should be making the step up next year.  Also thought Bigi was good today - probably the biggest disappointment of the season for me as he is more talented that 90% of our squad - interesting to see what happens there.

Ciftci? Wasn't very pleased to sign him but I've always liked a maverick and that was just great today. We have a very black and white team - all effort and organisation and having someone that adds some colour is worth persevering with IMO. That said, the only way I would be in favour of a permanent signing would be if he dropped his wages to the level of our other senior players and really committed to getting fit. I have a feeling that both (or any) of those are unlikely, so not expecting him back. Got to say - he won me over.

Not much say about that from our point of view.
Miller and Oggy pass marks. Rest terrible. In particular McMann, Lyon and Bingham. McMann isn't a footballer.
Thank f**k the season is over.
McMann must be the worst player ever to play in the top division.

2 hours ago, welldaft said:

I suspect Ya Bezzer May have a season ticket for one more season only. He clearly expects Barcelona type performances from a team with modest resources. I have seen better and more fluent Motherwell teams but NONE that have got us to 2 cup finals and comfortably clear of relegation. It may come as a shock but I would rather trust Robinson and Lasley to kick on. 

Ha! 

I honestly don't ask much.  I want us to play football on the grass and give youngsters a chance.  I go and watch lower league teams (not Barcelona) and they do it so there is no excuse for Motherwell not to. 

We did it today and, just admit yourself if you can't let it be known publicly, didn't you enjoy it more than some of the attritional hoofball dreck we've watched this season? 

As for our modest resources.  They would be less modest if we hadn't paid a lot of money to a lot of duds from down south.  Why are Plummer and Petrevicius on our books when we have Maguire and MacLean already there?  It's poor resource management.  Trust in the kids.

Would we be in two cup finals without Allan Campbell's outstanding performance against Aberdeen or even MacLean's extra time winner at Ross County?  Unlikely. 

2 hours ago, Swello said:

If someone can tell me how we play million-pound football when your average wage is £40k and the 2nd lowest in the league, I (and Stephen Robinson) would like to hear it.

This nonsense has to stop.

You don't have to be a million pound footballer to do basics like pass a ball or play triangles or make a run from a deep position.

It's amazing to me that my detractors call me negative. 

No wonder standards are so low in this country and Scotland is a footballing backwater if this is the attitude. It's the antithesis of progress.  Let's get by instead of striving to be better.

In the long run that is only going to hurt us as a nation and a club.  Pull yourself out of the mire and aspire to something.

Archived