The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

18 minutes ago, jinky said:

only another dozen or so needed and I may feel optimistic for the QP

Adam Martin seems likely, four juniors (don’t know who) and some of the lads from last year (again, not clear exactly who). McKernon’s signing at least makes me think we probably won’t have to worry about the trap door.

Agree,think he will be a useful signing and at last there are some positive signs...unsure about persisting within the Junior market as IMO that grade of football is in transition and is full of overpaid and overrated players.

Think the Lowland League would be a good scouting market especially within the top half dozen clubs?!

25 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Couldnt get on our bench.

Has scored a few at this level before with Annan. Clyde were also an absolute tinpot shambles during his spell. Welcome, Smarticus.

25 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

He is poor I’m afraid. Try’s hard and but just not a good player.

Hat trick next game against us coming up no doubt now!

My biggest complaint was that he doesn't try hard. Only interested in playing for himself. Not very good either, but will get a few goals so has some value.

Osadolor can vary from unplayable to unable to play. He is capable of changing a game at any time but you have to be prepared to put up with some aimless/poor/selfish moments in between.

I still think with the right team, and giving him a free role off a main striker, he could do well but I struggle to see him as a Gus MacPherson player. He will run around a lot, but only when it suits him, and doesn't give much regard to manager instructions.

All sounds quite harsh for a player I actually liked.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

8 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

He will run around a lot, but only when it suits him, and doesn't give much regard to manager instructions.

Gone by next Thursday night. Thanks for the memories.

2 hours ago, DeanMck said:

LMAO 

Not a fan then Deano? Assume for similar reasons to the other commentators unless you care to expand?

What age is he............I always hold out hope with U-21 players that with a new club they suddenly fulfill the potential that led previous managers to sign them, although I fully acknowledge that the majority are Juniors bound.  Echo Annie's point that if he's too full of himself to take instruction from Gus then he'll be gone soon, although the end of August is perhaps a less tongue-in-cheek assessment.

6 minutes ago, The Spider said:

Not a fan then Deano? Assume for similar reasons to the other commentators unless you care to expand?

What age is he............I always hold out hope with U-21 players that with a new club they suddenly fulfill the potential that led previous managers to sign them, although I fully acknowledge that the majority are Juniors bound.  Echo Annie's point that if he's too full of himself to take instruction from Gus then he'll be gone soon, although the end of August is perhaps a less tongue-in-cheek assessment.

He's 27.