The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

3 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

A kiddie from Motherwell has been invited for a trial. 198 goals in 5 seasons; 11 in one game. Okay, it's a different level but at least he knows which side of the big white sticks to aim for.

This would be Callum Graham from Kings Afc. He signed for Ashfield Juniors this week though so don't think we will be seeing him at Hampden anytime soon. Great amateur goalscorer so maybe be one to keep an eye on for the future.

This would be Callum Graham from Kings Afc. He signed for Ashfield Juniors this week though so don't think we will be seeing him at Hampden anytime soon. Great amateur goalscorer so maybe be one to keep an eye on for the future.

That’s him but he’s still having a trial I’m told. Can walk away from Ashfield. Our Hoops are much nicer.

16 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

you guys keeping kurtis roberts he looked a cracking player in the making

He has signed for the mighty Airdrie,   that's good you rate him highly,    if it's any consolation i think Clyde could be next season's dark horse in league 1,  good signings  especially wide players and Saint Daniel at the helm,  do not ask about our Hybrid system i do not know how it is to work and I don't think the club do yet either.

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

He has signed for the mighty Airdrie,   that's good you rate him highly,    if it's any consolation i think Clyde could be next season's dark horse in league 1,  good signings  especially wide players and Saint Daniel at the helm,  do not ask about our Hybrid system i do not know how it is to work and I don't think the club do yet either.

Johnston is always injured 

6 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

Interesting draw. With Clyde playing their games at Hamilton due to pitch work at Broadwood we could play 2 games at Hamilton and 2 at Hampden. Hamilton or Clyde get to play 3 at Hamilton.

Airdrie away is inevitable. 

Dom McLaren has left, he’s away back to Kilbirnie Ladeside. A shame really, I rated him quite highly and was looking to see how he developed over the next season.

Edited by qpfc

8 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Dom McLaren has left, he’s away back to Kilbirnie Ladeside. A shame really, I rated him quite highly and was looking to see how he developed over the next season.

That is a blow. I thought he was developing nicely into a commanding central defender.

Next season is going to be extremely challenging. Marko's recruitment is going to have to be nearly perfect if we're going to avoid a big struggle.

Finishing 7th and losing your best players means replacing them all with better if you're going to aim higher. That's an extremely tough ask. He has a job on his hands. 

18 hours ago, The man with no name said:

Interesting draw. With Clyde playing their games at Hamilton due to pitch work at Broadwood we could play 2 games at Hamilton and 2 at Hampden. Hamilton or Clyde get to play 3 at Hamilton.

I know it was a regional draw but our group is taking the piss. Should be a tough test for our new recruits but the only prospect of a decent "away day" for us lot is Thistle away on a Saturday and a sesh up the west end