The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

Just read on one of the "On This Day" twitter stat things that on this day in 1994 we beat Meadowbank 3-2. That makes it exactly 25 years since my first 90 minutes at Hampden. No idea who scored, but I'd wager O'Neill and/or McPhee.
I was there! I remember the Meadowbank fans chanting Livingston rank rank rank, we prefer Meadowbank repeatedly throughout the game. I think it was rank they were singing? Occasional bursts of Blobby Blobby Blobby OUT OUT OUT.

Was quite a big adventure for me. Through to Glasgow and onto Hampden by myself by bus, train and another train, at the tender age of 15.

That was probably my first ever QP match.

Loved it!

Just read on one of the "On This Day" twitter stat things that on this day in 1994 we beat Meadowbank 3-2. That makes it exactly 25 years since my first 90 minutes at Hampden. No idea who scored, but I'd wager O'Neill and/or McPhee.

While we’re on a nostalgia trip this classic photo appeared on my Twitter timeline yesterday. Some well kent faces including a fresh faced Jim McKnight [emoji23]
IMG_2047.jpg

On 1/29/2019 at 12:14, an86 said:

Thanks to the wonder that is QPFC.com your memories are now complete...O'Neill indeed and some boy called Maxwell. Wonder whatever happened to him...

http://www.qpfc.com/matchdetails/1993_94/mbk1.htm

46 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Thanks to the wonder that is QPFC.com your memories are now complete...O'Neill indeed and some boy called Maxwell. Wonder whatever happened to him...

http://www.qpfc.com/matchdetails/1993_94/mbk1.htm

Could have sworn McPhee had played that game. Went to a few more that season as well and it felt like either he or John O'Neill always scored. They obviously didn't because our top scorer generally scores about 12! Glad I got to sit in the old south stand a good few times anyway. A proper bit of stadium architecture. 

1 hour ago, Mantis Toboggan said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47094061 

Sale of Hampden not going well then

1. It's Friday - slow news day

2. It's the SFA. Can't decide between brown sauce or vinegar.

3. We have plan B in place already. It was always my favourite option. A longer journey perhaps but definitely more secure in the longer term.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

20 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

Looks like the SFA aren't getting their own way. Well done to the Committee and the Council!

3 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

We have plan B in place already. It was always my favourite option. A longer journey perhaps but definitely more secure in the longer term.

If we end up with a better deal then absolutely, but remember that this is a game of high stakes poker and we will all sleep better tonight knowing that BYOS has insider knowledge on the plan B that secures our future if this goes pear-shaped.