• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

Socks, as usual you ramble on a lot of bullshit, what you really need is an enema, a good clear out, you’ll feel better for it

Don’t need help on any level from you. Last season you were a Ladeside fan. Now you’re competent to pass judgement on our committee AND be the spokeperson for the whole squad. Just because one player you know came home from training in a huff doesn’t mean that reflects what the rest thinks. Seen plenty like you before. They all moved on when their pal in the team did. So will you.

Don’t need help on any level from you. Last season you were a Ladeside fan. Now you’re competent to pass judgement on our committee AND be the spokeperson for the whole squad. Just because one player you know came home from training in a huff doesn’t mean that reflects what the rest thinks. Seen plenty like you before. They all moved on when their pal in the team did. So will you.

My god!! what a complete sack you are, listen old timer I don’t need you to tell me who I support, I watch many senior and junior football teams each season and as from where I got my info it certainly was not from any of your players, even though you seem on a mission to embarrass some of them, your committee are a shower of miserable toe rags who are taking the Michael out of the boys

On 08/12/2018 at 23:00, Joe coconuts said:

your committee are a shower of miserable toe rags who are taking the Michael out of the boys

There's been a few Michaels that have played for us over the years. My favourite was probably Mick Hendry, a proper goalscorer. I doubt he or the team he played in got £500 for a players' night out. Different times though Joe Bananas eh 

On 08/12/2018 at 21:28, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Now you’re competent to pass judgement on our committee AND be the spokeperson for the whole squad. 

There's a few on our committee I have no time for but the rest are a decent bunch. 

Let's also not forget that every January the committee put on a free night for the players, coaches, and office staff ( and their other halves ) a tradition that has been happening for years. This usually involves a slap up meal and a free bar. Pretty sure none of the squad complain about that      

Socks, as usual you ramble on a lot of bullshit, what you really need is an enema, a good clear out, you’ll feel better for it
Joe

Get your facts right and we'll all feel better for it.

Anybody else feel the same that this League 2 is rank rotten and that Edinburgh City and Peterheid are the best of a very average bunch...shame we had to change Managers as think Gus"s experience and his knowledge of the squad he assembled would have taken us further up the league.

Nothing against Roberts but just think Gus could get more out of a squad...only time will tell but IMO we have gone off the boil both defensively which could in part be due to enforced changes and in mid-field where I still think we are searching for a better blend.For me McKernon is very average and flatters as he runs around chasing shadows and likes nothing better than punting upfield like they do in the Juniors and Roberts has potential but positionally is weak and tends to take too many touches..so both for me are technically deficient in an area where we have previously excelled.Maybe an additional player in CM at the expense of a wide man would help as being played through too easily.

We need to start winning again soon or we will find ourselves spiralling further down towards the relegation pit!

We've lost one league game at home and some folk on here have absolutely lost the heid on the back of a recent losing run. We lost to two full time sides and the top team in the league in those four games. What was the realistic expectation from these games? Cowdenbeath would be the only one that we'd have been realistically expecting to be taking points from and we were really poor. 

Performance wise, Saturday was OK and may have been good enough to win other games. I think we can let the top three go. It's a case of who'll win the league between Edinburgh City and Peterhead with Clyde probably having enough for third. Sadly for Albion Rovers, they look doomed to a playoff.

We're in the middle pack where everyone can beat each other. Other teams around us have more players who have been over the course before, whereas we've a lot of inexperience at league level. I don't think we'll have enough for the playoffs, but I don't think we're going to be dragged into anything at the other end either. 

In terms of the manager, he's just in the door and trying to implement ideas and put his mark on the team. He needs time to do that. Proper time. We have to accept where we are and that we're going to have ups and downs. There's a tendancy to get too carried away when we win a couple of games and proclaim disaster when we lose a couple. 

Edited by an86

I think that we have the makings of a very decent squad for next year provided we can stay together. Considering the situation two weeks before the season started I think that Gus must be praised for his ability to find such talent and Mark for taking over an inexperienced squad and instantly changing the formation into a much more attractive team to watch. With such inexperience it goes with the territory that we will be inconsistent and the past four or five weeks have not been unexpected. It was a shame about the performance at Cowdenbeath but they have improved beyond their wildest dreams this season and it was never an easy place to visit. Yes, we have weaknesses, what team doesn't, but when they are mentioned in passing the vilification for having the audacity to mention them is way over the top. It is consistent and predictable. I have enjoyed watching our play much better than last season. We are much more progressive.

Gus signed up an excellent squad and, as said above, we looked as if we'd struggle to raise a 5 a side team a couple of weeks before the season started.

Forget the cup ties against better sides. We were poor at Cowden, accepted. But we had 3 terrific chances against Edin City and plenty against Stirling where the ball was whacked across the box quite often with no takers. A wee bit of luck (and a bit better aim) and we'd have 4, if not 6 points there.

Realistically, we're aiming for fourth. That's not beyond us.

I think that we have the makings of a very decent squad for next year provided we can stay together. Considering the situation two weeks before the season started I think that Gus must be praised for his ability to find such talent and Mark for taking over an inexperienced squad and instantly changing the formation into a much more attractive team to watch. With such inexperience it goes with the territory that we will be inconsistent and the past four or five weeks have not been unexpected. It was a shame about the performance at Cowdenbeath but they have improved beyond their wildest dreams this season and it was never an easy place to visit. Yes, we have weaknesses, what team doesn't, but when they are mentioned in passing the vilification for having the audacity to mention them is way over the top. It is consistent and predictable. I have enjoyed watching our play much better than last season. We are much more progressive.
Willie - there should be no vilification for pointing out weaknesses but the way it's being done is possibly what gets people's backs up.

17 hours ago, jinky said:

shame we had to change Managers as think Gus"s experience and his knowledge of the squad he assembled would have taken us further up the league.

We need to start winning again soon or we will find ourselves spiralling further down towards the relegation pit!

Actually, we had to change managers because Gus decided to leave. For the fourth game in a row, we could end up in the top 4 on Saturday depending on results elsewhere, and us winning of course. What a time to be alive.

Mrs BYOS once pointed out to me that "it seems to me most teams lose and only a few win at football". It was crushing at the time but from her impassionate position, she was right. As much as Gus had the right to move on I've got the right to stick with my favourite club and watch my favourite team in the rank rotten division of a rank rotten league. I've more respect for all the loyal fans of clubs in Scotland's rotten and rank rotten divisions than I'd ever have for the happy clappers who hang onto the big clubs. 

Rank rotten and proud! I see a sales opportunity for the club shop here.

19 hours ago, jinky said:

For me McKernon is very average and flatters as he runs around chasing shadows and likes nothing better than punting upfield like they do in the Juniors and Roberts has potential but positionally is weak and tends to take too many touches..so both for me are technically deficient in an area where we have previously excelled.Maybe an additional player in CM at the expense of a wide man would help as being played through too easily.

I could not agree more another midfielder with positional sense and discipline to protect. Let Jambo do his running and pressing and move Kurtis further forward to support the forward and move right or left depending on who Mark plays. Moore and East are definitely impact players. MacLean has got some great touches but needs to give us more in games as he does not impact the game in my opinion enough. Martin was good last week.

Play big Hawke up top with someone buzzing about him and a solid unit being them.  Kindlan or Mcgrory could be the 3rd midfielder if fit and available. 

Lewis Hawke?Got a mention in the local rag that we are after him in January.

As it’s nearing Christmas thought I’d post this ... cool gift idea . I believe a number of clubs have partnered with nostalgia cases to sell their products in club shop etc too

https://nostalgiacases.co.uk/collections/queens-park-phone-cases

Almost forgot , Pie and Bovril promoting too,

10% discount with code PIEANDBOV

How did Alan Gow play on Saturday? He was some player in his younger days but unfortunately injuries, and poor career choices stopped him from possibly having the career he could have had. Really nice guy too. Hope he does well.