Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Div

      Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

      We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

Recommended Posts

Quite disappointing to see barbs at the manager when he's only just in the door. Players are always coming and going at Queen's. Always been the way and probably always will be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not getting a regular game and not having a binding pro contract (incl cash) is probably not helping us retain players. That and only being able to start 11 of them. Not everyone leaves as a result of a bust up, as some infer here and have done for years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, spider1867 said:

Smart has not left the club.  Gow is signing. A considerable number of players are not happy at this time. Believe quite a few spoke to Mark about there position. Think his problem is he does not really talk to the players that are not playing or left out or dropped and let them know why they are not involved to keep them motivated. Within the squad he has people who he has not got the nerve to drop no matter how they are playing. 

Think his squad is too big and he does not have the man management skills at this time to deal with unhappy players. 

As I have said before Gus always had a large squad he fell out with so many players during the season. 

I think Mark has to take his squad down to a more manageable amount. Our squad looks good enough to stay out of trouble only if he manages it better and the fact Albion are so poor. 

Preferred the football he tried to play initially but it seems to have reverted to the punt and chase football again.

Needs to change things to give the squad a shot in the arm or we could see a considerable amount of players leaving our great club in January. 

Nae bother Gulliver. Make sure you tell Mark all this next time you see him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Not getting a regular game and not having a binding pro contract (incl cash) is probably not helping us retain players. That and only being able to start 11 of them. Not everyone leaves as a result of a bust up, as some infer here and have done for years.

Players on amateur contracts can also now give 28 days notice if they want to leave and we can't stop them, no matter how much or little the manager rates them

I'm sorry things don't work out for some players but if they don't want to hang around and fight for their place then bye bye. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a more positive note, this season's Last Man Standing on P&B was won by our very own DundeeSpider1867. First blood to QP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, spider1867 said:

Smart has not left the club.  Gow is signing. A considerable number of players are not happy at this time. Believe quite a few spoke to Mark about there position. Think his problem is he does not really talk to the players that are not playing or left out or dropped and let them know why they are not involved to keep them motivated. Within the squad he has people who he has not got the nerve to drop no matter how they are playing. 

Think his squad is too big and he does not have the man management skills at this time to deal with unhappy players. 

As I have said before Gus always had a large squad he fell out with so many players during the season. 

I think Mark has to take his squad down to a more manageable amount. Our squad looks good enough to stay out of trouble only if he manages it better and the fact Albion are so poor. 

Preferred the football he tried to play initially but it seems to have reverted to the punt and chase football again.

Needs to change things to give the squad a shot in the arm or we could see a considerable amount of players leaving our great club in January. 

I work in a place where a lot of folk moan every day and they do get paid every month. And most of them are on a months notice too.

TBH, I wouldn't want guys around the place who were happy just to get a free pie on a Saturday.  Fine young athletes should be wanting to play. It's easy to criticise a "big" squad but in May we had zero with kick-off just weeks away. I might seem harsh now but if we had been gentlemanly and ended up with a starting squad of 16-20 we'd have been struggling to get a starting eleven some weeks. And its' worth remembering that the coach sees them on the training ground and generally around the place. Mark's a winner and he'll respond to hungry players. Not guys who come to training with the grumps. I wouldn't grudge any player moving on if it means he can play the game, every right to, but if they want to play for QP they have to earn it.

That said, I think the next few weeks are ideal for a bit of rotation and positive rivalry amongst players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Some cheery news guys and dolls...Strollers win again, 2-1 against Airdrie. Look at that home record. Enjoy the winter break lads...

image.png.0467933f8e2b4e55a8579767cb6b7dac.png

Reserves won 2.1 v Airdrie and QP should be joint top of league with Livi, Spfl have 2 away wins in league as defeats, Queens beat Albion and East Kilbride both away 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shoogs73 said:

Reserves won 2.1 v Airdrie and QP should be joint top of league with Livi, Spfl have 2 away wins in league as defeats, Queens beat Albion and East Kilbride both away 

Points deducted for administrative errors/registration errors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best of luck to him. Guy gave his best and scored one of the best QP goals I've ever seen, but the usual snides will be out in force. Wonder who they'll go for now? The manager will be the heavy favourite if we lose tomorrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever the merit of the rest if your story, I heard that the players decided to come back after the game despite being given the opportunity to stay in Oswestry if they wanted. Some had work on the Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Whatever the merit of the rest if your story, I heard that the players decided to come back after the game despite being given the opportunity to stay in Oswestry if they wanted. Some had work on the Sunday.

As confirmed by Jordan Hart at the end of this....



Joe coconuts needs to be more careful. He’s been a QP fan since a couple of players joined us in the summer from Kilbirnie Ladeside. Really narrows down who his (or her) snout is. Maybe some other players would be disappointed to know that what goes on in the boot room isn’t staying in the boot room.

The committee are there to run our football club and a big part of that is fiscal prudence. As a fan in his 49th season I’d be very disappointed if they blew the kitty on a Christmas party just so occasional visitors could like them.

There’s a lot of folks around who can only dream of that money at Christmas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×