The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

Saw Alistar Miller playing for the 20's on Wednesday, maybe Lewis Mcghee as well. Had forgotten about Calvin Mcgrory, think the lad has a very bright future. Anyone know if he's injured or out on loan? I'm sure the 20's team on Wednesday was announced on facebook/twitter.

56 minutes ago, PASSANDMOVE said:

Saw Alistar Miller playing for the 20's on Wednesday, maybe Lewis Mcghee as well. Had forgotten about Calvin Mcgrory, think the lad has a very bright future. Anyone know if he's injured or out on loan? I'm sure the 20's team on Wednesday was announced on facebook/twitter.

Queen’s Park: Kieran McDougall, Luke McCall, Cammy Dickson, Anthony McGuire (81mins Nick McAlister), Lewis Magee, Gregor Fotheringham, Adam Martin, Declan Walsh, Smart Osadolor (76mins Aaron Black), Ronan Mclaughlin, Ali Miller (81mins Aaron Mooney)

Has Ewan MacPherson left the club? I’ve not seen him quoted since Gus left.

Still up on the OS 1st team page. Given the way the squad has evolved I'd doubt he'll get a start soon. With the amateur contracts in force they only have to give 28 days notice.

What's the odds in him getting a move to a Premiership Colts team?

1 hour ago, Bob's Ska Mate said:

Has Ewan MacPherson left the club? I’ve not seen him quoted since Gus left.

Brendan Sharpe is another one. We don’t really announce these things for whatever reason. Might be injured, might be gone. The famous Queen’s Park abyss often swallows players up, never to be seen again.

Daniel Nimmo has left the club, Cammy Fit had some good news about his injury hopefully back within 6-8 weeks.  Lewis Magee has been back fit and playing for last few weeks.  Alistair Miller fit and well just  can't get into team. Agree Calvin Mcgrory looked excellent in Spartans game before hip injury believe just back to training now. Euan McPherson is also injured but agree he might need to move to get some game time as lot if players in front of him now.  We also have the Kindlan brothers who  are both coming to fitness  again but maybe struggle to get any time on the pitch. With the new manager coming in and having a good run he states publicly the players that have the jersey only have it to lose. Think the squad we have us good but there is about 5 players who may need to move to get some game time.  Glad to see Mark is not playing Fotheringham. But will need back up for JamboScreenshot_20181029-071742.thumb.png.62da3b1b00591918d3e4cf0970ba2212.png and Kurtis. So he Dean and Calvin will have a part to pay at some point. I like the way Mark has us playing pace and energy and a great work ethic. 

Edited by spider1867
Spelling

Daniel Nimmo has left the club, Cammy Fit had some good news about his injury hopefully back within 6-8 weeks.  Lewis Magee has been back fit and playing for last few weeks.  Alistair Miller fit and well just  can't get into team. Agree Calvin Mcgrory looked excellent in Spartans game before hip injury believe just back to training now. Euan McPherson is also injured but agree he might need to move to get some game time as lot if players in front of him now.  We also have the Kindlan brothers who  are both coming to fitness  again but maybe struggle to get any time on the pitch. With the new manager coming in and having a good run he states publicly the players that have the jersey only have it to lose. Think the squad we have us good but there is about 5 players who may need to move to get some game time.  Glad to see Mark is not playing Fotheringham. But will need back up for JamboScreenshot_20181029-071742.thumb.png.62da3b1b00591918d3e4cf0970ba2212.png and Kurtis. So he Dean and Calvin will have a part to pay at some point. I like the way Mark has us playing pace and energy and a great work ethic. 

Thanks for the update spider1867. Dean Kindlan looked handy to me in the short time he played. Good feet and physically strong. Good to see Cammy back on plan. Best of luck to Big Dan. Player's just want to play. It's a very big squad to keep everyone happy.

Dan's still on the OS. He has a sponsor who rightly would expect their name to be in the programme beyond October. Maybe the club could ask the sponsor if they would change to another player who isn't sponsored and have the OS reflect the squad properly . Bryan Wharton was still there to May when he formally signed for Pollok in January.

Good to hear Foys injury isnt as bad as what I'd feared it would be, and hopefully same thing happens with McGrory. 

Glad Miller and Magee are back to full fitness now, but it's ashame neither can get into the team though. Both have potential and can only develop more if they get some game time. 

12 hours ago, an86 said:

Brendan Sharpe is another one. We don’t really announce these things for whatever reason. Might be injured, might be gone. The famous Queen’s Park abyss often swallows players up, never to be seen again.

I work with Brendan Sharpe's dad who told me Brendan presently has an injury.

Edited by PeterParker

Glad to see Mark is not playing Fotheringham. But will need back up for Jambo and Kurtis. So he Dean and Calvin will have a part to pay at some point.

Ta much for comprehensive update [emoji106]
ICYMI tho Fotheringham came off the bench on Sat for Roberts
Gavin Lachlan also gives cover for midfield and right back
So decent squad developing and genuine competition for places

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Feel for Fotheringham. Don’t feel the stick he gets from some quarters is particularly fair. Not a world beater, but becomes the target on any occasion when he plays and the team doesn’t play well.

For me Fotheringham ghosts through games without making many obvious mistakes. I have come away after some games and not really realised he was playing. He is not a bad player, he just does not produce anything of note. Probably substitute for fresh legs is his best position.

I sponsored Fotheringham last season and he's never recovered. I sponsored Birnstingl as well. What can I say.
He and Jambo were a great pairing in our first season in L1 and for me the goal at Hampden against Airdrie was the goal of the season for the move and finish. I studied his off-ball work in the run up and he's a really clever player. Gus had him tethered to within a square foot last year in his holding role and with his buddy away he never had any of the adventure he showed in his first year. Strong tackler with a powerful shot, he'll get used tactically but with the talent around us at the moment starts will be rarer.

18 hours ago, Alf Stamp Army said:

Ta much for comprehensive update emoji106.png
ICYMI tho Fotheringham came off the bench on Sat for Roberts
Gavin Lachlan also gives cover for midfield and right back
So decent squad developing and genuine competition for places

Actually think Kindlan & Lachlan deserve game time at some point as both have performed well this season and don't think the midfield has been great over last couple of games...if we cant dominate that area against the bottom sides then we may struggle against the better teams.