The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

Less worried about the trapdoor than I was. Hart, by all accounts, and McKernon are great League Two signings. We know Osadolor and Peters have shown flashes. The guys from last season should be plenty good enough for the level as well, with the possibility of some of the younger players kicking on. Hopefully we can win a watch with a couple of the juniors as well.

I think Peterhead and KKKlyde, as much is it pains me, will have too much for the rest. However, I’m hoping we can fight it out with the rest, which certainly won’t be easy.

On 02/07/2018 at 13:45, C4mmy31 said:

Ross Millen, any good guys?

He's off to La Manga with Killie this afternoon for a weeks training.....

Its a big step up for the lad, but apparently showed up well in La Manga, we should see him in action tonight, first hand, at RB against St Mirren.....

Edited by C4mmy31

Best utilised as a central midfielder but a lot depends on how he's deployed in that role. He can sit in front of the back four and protect them, but he's also good at getting into the box to support a lone striker. Put him in the playmaker role or play him out wide though, and I suspect you'll find that games will pass him by and that he'll under-achieve like he did with us for most of last season. Can be good on his day and grab a couple of goals now and again, but suspect few QP fans will bemoan his departure.

50 minutes ago, The Spider said:

Best utilised as a central midfielder but a lot depends on how he's deployed in that role. He can sit in front of the back four and protect them, but he's also good at getting into the box to support a lone striker. Put him in the playmaker role or play him out wide though, and I suspect you'll find that games will pass him by and that he'll under-achieve like he did with us for most of last season. Can be good on his day and grab a couple of goals now and again, but suspect few QP fans will bemoan his departure.

Thanks. Suspect he'd be a replacement for Wullie Robertson who played central, so he might do a job for us.

Hi guys, just starting work on the infographic for our game on Tuesday evening, and I was hoping you guys could help out with a wee bit of, well, info.

Looking to know your results from pre-season, goalscorers from those games and who your captain is this season? Had a quick look round your website but couldn't find anything to help me out (it's probably all there, but it's late and I'm shattered).

Greenies in it for anyone who can help me out, and remember, I broke the news that you were signing Adam Martin before anyone else ;)

2 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

Hi guys, just starting work on the infographic for our game on Tuesday evening, and I was hoping you guys could help out with a wee bit of, well, info.

Looking to know your results from pre-season, goalscorers from those games and who your captain is this season? Had a quick look round your website but couldn't find anything to help me out (it's probably all there, but it's late and I'm shattered).

Greenies in it for anyone who can help me out, and remember, I broke the news that you were signing Adam Martin before anyone else ;)

Captain is Scott Gibson. 

On 7/2/2018 at 19:57, Shugs said:

Ross is a good player, can play all across the back and is a model professional who is still young enough for a shot at a higher level and with better coaching I think he can make it. The only thing that he needs to learn is better positional sense but as QP played a variety of formations over the past 2 years he was constantly having to adapt to his circumstances.

Not the best penalty taker though...

Good enough for Kilmarnock it seems.

9 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:
2 hours ago, Ross Forbes said:

Thanks very much guys, at least things can only improve!

2-1 win at Cumbernauld Colts, scorers as above.

On 07/07/2018 at 16:49, Hampden Diehard said:

Half time: Cumbie Colts 1, QP 1 (Kindlan)

On 07/07/2018 at 17:51, Hampden Diehard said:

McPherson for QP and it finished 2-1. Loads of changes but encouraging.

Cheers :)

Glad to see McGrory promoted to the first team, he's got a defence splitting pass or two in him which we lacked for most of last season.

Also glad that we now have not ONE but TWO keepers on the books!

Worried about the low number of midfielders though especially ones with experience as we only really have McKernon with any experience at senior level.

Time will tell though, i guess, and besides it's not too late to add more to the squad.

Well credit were credit is due. QP were excellent tonight even in defeat. Adam Martin and Kurtis Roberts are really good players.  I thought the midfield was lacking support for Jambo.  Ciaran had a cracking game at left back.  He would be so suited to left wing back. So much of our play was on the deck which is so refreshing. We need a centre forward who is selfish. Euan, Billy and Josh worked hard but really find it hard to score. If we can get a scorer I think it will be an interesting season if these players grow.  Young energetic wide players and a couple of the younger players came on. The goalie looked confident but not to keen to come for cross balls. Hopefully that will get better as his confidence grows. I thought young  McGrory was a centre midfielder but maybe Gus sees him differently. I really enjoyed tonights game and for a team that only had 2 starters from last season thought we excelled. Onwards and upwards hopefully. 

Pretty impressive for so early in the season.

GK and defence looked really solid and thought Lachlan performed really well at RB when think he’s actually a central midfielder...must be short of RBs but very able stand-in.

Midfield blend is definitely a work in progress.

Although strikers didn’t net any goals very encouraging signs and on another night could have scored one or two.