The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

Sad to see Harold Davis died yesterday, Head Coach at Hampden for three years in the late sixties.  Also won four league championships,  two League Cups and a Scottish Cup as a player at Rangers and was a veteran of the Korea war where he was badly injured.

According to today's Rutherglen Reformer, often the best source of information about Queen's Park, seven of last year's squad have re-signed - Ciaran Summers, Daniel Nimmo, Gerry McLauchlan, Cammy Foy, Gregor Fotheringham, Billy Mortimer and Ewan MacPherson.

3 hours ago, I Zingari said:

According to today's Rutherglen Reformer, often the best source of information about Queen's Park, seven of last year's squad have re-signed - Ciaran Summers, Daniel Nimmo, Gerry McLauchlan, Cammy Foy, Gregor Fotheringham, Billy Mortimer and Ewan MacPherson.

Well at least we are well served for central defenders, but perhaps a little bit of work to be done elsewhere!

12 hours ago, qpsnapper said:

Sad to see Harold Davis died yesterday, Head Coach at Hampden for three years in the late sixties.  Also won four league championships,  two League Cups and a Scottish Cup as a player at Rangers and was a veteran of the Korea war where he was badly injured.

Sad indeed. He was a character. RIP.

10 hours ago, The Spider said:

Well at least we are well served for central defenders, but perhaps a little bit of work to be done elsewhere!

Hopefully from 1st July we start to hear about some signings and would hope to hear about some preseason friendlies other than the CCs one at Broadwood a week on Saturday.

15 hours ago, qpsnapper said:

As a wean, I remember him running coaching classes for kids which was seen as a bit innovative for football clubs then.  Very sad to hear of his passing.

26 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

As a wean, I remember him running coaching classes for kids which was seen as a bit innovative for football clubs then.  Very sad to hear of his passing.

If he was responsible for your football skills HD (and if I'm not mistaken I believe I have footage of your cameo appearance in the Hampden "All Stars" game as evidence?), then God rest his soul but he had a lot to answer for!

11 hours ago, The Spider said:
If he was responsible for your football skills HD (and if I'm not mistaken I believe I have footage of your cameo appearance in the Hampden "All Stars" game as evidence?), then God rest his soul but he had a lot to answer for!

As far as my individual skills are concerned, The Game for the Game's Sake is more important than actually being competent.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

You might remember Adam Martin from his excellent winner against QP at the Recs in August. He was doing very well coming off the bench early in the season, in fact we frequently looked to to him to come on and create something at that point when we weren't doing well. His form probably merited a start, but suspect there were concerns over how effective he would be starting a game and perhaps his size. In the end we were able to boost the squad at New Year and he ended up going out on loan. Certainly has the talent if you can find the right role for him. At his most effective for us coming in off the left flank. Hope he does well.

Edited by Waspie

well, even if the official website doesn't care to update us, we can always rely on good 'ol Aunty Beeb:

In: Adam Martin, midfielder (Alloa Athletic); Josh Peters, forward (Forfar Athletic); Smart Osadolor, midfielder (Clyde); Jamie McKernon, midfielder (Glenafton Athletic).

Out: David Galt, midfielder (Alloa Athletic); Adam Cummins, defender (Stranraer); Sean Burns, defender (Brechin City); Luke Donnelly, midfielder (Stranraer); Anton Brady, midfielder (East Kilbride); Thomas Orr, forward (BSC Glasgow); Michael White, goalkeeper (Irvine Meadow); Connor McVey, midfielder (Kilbirnie Ladeside); Kevin Green, defender (Beith); Dominic Docherty, midfielder. Loan ended: Jamie Gullan, midfielder (Hibernian); Aidan Keena, forward (Heart of Midlothian); Robbie Leitch, midfielder (St Mirren).