The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

2 hours ago, The Spider said:

Tell you what, instead of hiding behind your keyboard, why not go along to the supporters' meeting (all are welcome!) in the Social club at 7.30pm on 4th July, and put your points to MacPherson about his man-management style, and then come back on here with something of substance rather than guessing what goes on inside the dressing room (instead of relying on stories told by those who aren't getting as much game time as they would like)?

This is Pie & Bovril and if everyone were to go along to supporters meetings to make their point instead of 'hiding behind their keyboards' as you put it then websites like this would be  devoid of content.

Welcome to the internet age Boomer.

4 hours ago, an86 said:

It must also be noted that one of the aforementioned best players was so terrified of Gus’s “climate of fear” that he’s returning to the club to work under his tyrannical regime again.

i guess Wharton must have grown tired of waiting for those offers from La Liga.

26 minutes ago, Shugs said:

This is Pie & Bovril and if everyone were to go along to supporters meetings to make their point instead of 'hiding behind their keyboards' as you put it then websites like this would be  devoid of content.

Quite right Shug, if it's simply a case of looking for an environment where you can vent your personal agenda without fear of face to face rebuke. However, I tend to take the opposite view that "if everyone were to go along to supporters meetings to make their point", it would actually increase the flow of subsequent P&B debate. That's normally what happens after football games, but by your obscure logic post-match threads should be devoid of content, but we both know that's not the case.

So why not go along and hear what Gus has to say (or have you already made your mind up about him from hearsay?) and then start a new thread about it. Look I'll even help you get started....."Last night I went to a supporters meeting at Hampden and heard Gus McPherson tell us ............................................... I agree/disagree (delete as applicable) with most of what he said and in particular the following which I would be interested in discussing with my fellow supporters."

Come on in, the water's lovely!

19 hours ago, an86 said:

Definite case of waiting to jump right on the managers back after the first defeat. I wonder if we’ll get the first call for his head by the end of the League Cup group stages?

Bearing in mind we are away to a higher league club in the first match, do you really think it's going to take till the end of the section games before the usual suspects' pent-up close-season frustration is vented (on P&B only of course, as they know they'd be quickly shouted down if they were stupid enough to actually shout that after a game so early in the season)?

17 minutes ago, The Spider said:

Quite right Shug, if it's simply a case of looking for an environment where you can vent your personal agenda without fear of face to face rebuke. However, I tend to take the opposite view that "if everyone were to go along to supporters meetings to make their point", it would actually increase the flow of subsequent P&B debate. That's normally what happens after football games, but by your obscure logic post-match threads should be devoid of content, but we both know that's not the case.

So why not go along and hear what Gus has to say (or have you already made your mind up about him from hearsay?) and then start a new thread about it. Look I'll even help you get started....."Last night I went to a supporters meeting at Hampden and heard Gus McPherson tell us ............................................... I agree/disagree (delete as applicable) with most of what he said and in particular the following which I would be interested in discussing with my fellow supporters."

Come on in, the water's lovely!

Can Gus say anything except "Disappointing"?

19 post match interviews from last season say otherwise...

Just been watching all the Kilbirnie Ladeside videos from last season.

Trying to spot which 6 or 7 will make our starting 11 come July before being sent back in November.

(it's like i've just done 2 tours of 'Nam without the benefit of LSD)

10 minutes ago, Shugs said:

Can Gus say anything except "Disappointing"?

19 post match interviews from last season say otherwise...

Personally I thought that pretty much sums up last season, although I agree with you that his verbal repetition is indeed a cause for concern and that the main priority for next season is to improve our coach's linguistic dexterity for his media obligations.

2 hours ago, Shugs said:

i guess Wharton must have grown tired of waiting for those offers from La Liga.

Albion Rovers bound. Just launch a long, bouncing ball at him and we’re nearly guaranteed a goal.

2 hours ago, Shugs said:

You not capable of doing both?  You'll fit right in as plenty of other cheery fuckers like yourself will be in attendance

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

You not capable of doing both?  You'll fit right in as plenty of other cheery fuckers like yourself will be in attendance

There's no point. It's not like Gus is going to throw his hands up at the meeting and say "Yeah I screwed up last season, my tactics were inept and pumping long balls towards the corner flag and making the number 9 chase it down all afternoon didn't work out quite as well as I expected in every. single. game".

Then again, who knows.

Squad Update. 

Players staying at present

Millen, Nimmo, Magee. Gerry, Foy, Gibson, Summers, Fotheringham, MacPherson and Mortimer. 

Couple of new goalkeepers. Not everyone at present season has signed I believe some are training with the view of signing. 

Our defence is what let us down last year and they have all stayed bar Burns. Will be good enough for League 2 if Gus can get a good balance and a reliable goalkeeper. 

Edited by spider1867

8 minutes ago, spider1867 said:

Squad Update. 

Players staying at present.

White, Millen, Nimmo, Magee. Gerry, Foy, Gibson, Summers, Fotheringham, MacPherson and Mortimer. 

Couple of new goalkeepers. Not everyone at present season has signed I believe some are training with the view of signing. 

Our defence is what let us down last year and they have all stayed bar Burns. Will be good enough for League 2 if Gus can get a good balance and a reliable goalkeeper. 

White has signed for Irvine meadow 

8 minutes ago, qpfc said:

White has signed for Irvine meadow 

17 minutes ago, spider1867 said:

White, Millen, Nimmo, Magee. Gerry, Foy, Gibson, Summers, Fotheringham, MacPherson and Mortimer. 

A defence of millen, summers, Gerry and cammy foy sounds okay to me or mcghee

McPherson and Mortimer up front is interesting but I still think orr could have done okay at this level.

Mckernon and Ruth in central midfield would be good but for the love of God can Gus please not play Fotheringham. He spent all last season avoiding the ball like it was an angry girlfriend amd if opta had run stats on him they would have flatlined.

A winger would be nice.

A defence of millen, summers, Gerry and cammy foy sounds okay to me or mcghee
McPherson and Mortimer up front is interesting but I still think orr could have done okay at this level.
Mckernon and Ruth in central midfield would be good but for the love of God can Gus please not play Fotheringham. He spent all last season avoiding the ball like it was an angry girlfriend amd if opta had run stats on him they would have flatlined.
A winger would be nice.

No McPherson and Mortimer up front would be a disaster

Totally agree about Fotheringham a passenger in almost every game. But I would imagine it would be him and McKernon in the middle. Quite a lot of new players are hopefully forward thinking players.

Don't get the Ruth boy no better then average. Take it rangers have decided against signing him after taking him on end of season jaunt.