The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

Fotheringham does a lot of the under appreciated work. The permanently angry section of our support didn't take to him was he was neither a goal threat or an enforcer, but he did the simple thing reasonably well. 
Wharton will never change. He'll look great for a bit and then his brain will tune to the moon and cost you several farcical goals. Like the other guys you've got from us, his effort and commitment were never in question. 
Think he scored more for us in a few months than he did full time he was at QP. Morena next to him allows him to bomb forward

2 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

FFS. The day my holiday starts. Time they cleared the scheduling of matches with the fans.

Saltcoats isn't that far away. 

I seem to recall we barely had a five-a-side team a week before the League Cup last year. It's only been four weeks since the final whistle. 100% confidence in Marko, El Presidente and the rest to unearth a few gems. Keep the faith!

On 6/1/2019 at 15:49, williebraveheart said:

I wish him well but I cannot see him lasting five minutes in your first team. Maybe a change of club is what he needs. 

Albion Rovers seem to get the best out of our 'rejects'.

Peters was a regular at Forfar the previous year and had a 1;4 ratio there. Given the starts he had with us hardly surprising he's gone backwards. Good luck to him.

4 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:
5 hours ago, spiders4ever said:
FFS. The day my holiday starts. Time they cleared the scheduling of matches with the fans.

Where are you going? If it's decent, surely they'll change the venue.

I will be in Peebles and then further South. I could check out LL grounds in the Borders in case we get bumped for not having 11 players. 

16 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Albion Rovers seem to get the best out of our 'rejects'.

Peters was a regular at Forfar the previous year and had a 1;4 ratio there. Given the starts he had with us hardly surprising he's gone backwards. Good luck to him.

He has gone to Stirling Albion.

Qp in for ex player Darren Miller and ex Clyde player Scott Ferguson from colville Park. Both recently won the amateur Scottish cup for colville. If wee Fergie can get back to his best then he could be an asset. 

45 minutes ago, DeanMck said:

Qp in for ex player Darren Miller and ex Clyde player Scott Ferguson from colville Park. Both recently won the amateur Scottish cup for colville. If wee Fergie can get back to his best then he could be an asset. 

One, if not both, have signed for Darvel. Half the Colville Park team have followed the manager there. Silly money being dished out. Daryl Meggat is away there as well. 

2 minutes ago, Chris_the_rover said:
1 hour ago, DeanMck said:

Darren Miller's attitude is stinking

Yep. Wouldn't take him even if he was available. 

On 01/06/2019 at 13:42, spider1867 said:

Very thin to start the season Mark will have his work cut out to assemble a squad. 

But the season is nowhere near starting, So basically it's the same situation, every single year around this time, no matter who the manager is. 

• 1 year later...

Greetings, I am trying to collect information on former players, I would like to ask you about a former Queen's Park player, this is Lex Grant (27 February 1962), he played for the club from 1979 to 1984, I think he was a center forward although I do not know if he played in some other position, do you remember?

1 hour ago, JmSG said:

Greetings, I am trying to collect information on former players, I would like to ask you about a former Queen's Park player, this is Lex Grant (27 February 1962), he played for the club from 1979 to 1984, I think he was a center forward although I do not know if he played in some other position, do you remember?

Lex Grant played over 100 games for the club and scored 28 goals and was loved by all at Hampden. 

4 hours ago, JmSG said:

http://www.qpfc.com/appearances/g/granta.htm

Before my time but shirt number suggests a forward player.