The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

2 hours ago, an86 said:

I hope so. We've finished 7th and lost some key players, so we absolutely have to recruit well. Like most others, it's make sure we get ourselves safe and then go from there. It would take an exceptional summer of recruitment to see us challenging in and around the top four. 

Looking forward to seeing our young players progressing more this season. Delighted to see Mark giving them a chance.

4 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

Kurtis Robert's, what have we got coming from this guy?

4 minutes ago, Airdrie Minded said:

Airdrie have announced the signing of Kurtis Roberts. Any good?

You have got a potential star. Progressive midfielder with a terrific shot. Not frightened to tackle although he could do with a little more muscle. I wish him the best of luck.

You have got a potential star. Progressive midfielder with a terrific shot. Not frightened to tackle although he could do with a little more muscle. I wish him the best of luck.

Good to hear. Had a few right good players from QP over the years so hope he’s another. Jimmy Boyle and Brian McPhee spring to mind. One or two not so good right enough....! Good luck next season anyway.

2 hours ago, an86 said:

Salim Kouider-Aissa from Kilsyth supposedly signing. 41 goals this season. 

This by all accounts is true. Guy in my work is a Kilsyth fan and he says he was rotten when he was with Kilsyth first time round but came back and was a different player. I might be talking nonsense about ‘first time round’ for Kilsyth but there was definitely something about him being dreadful previously and now incredible.

On 18/05/2019 at 13:30, williebraveheart said:

McKernon started the season well enough but fell away sharply by the end.

He was carrying an injury towards the end and he also spent quite a bit of the season playing out of position in the centre of defence due to our ridiculous injury situation. He is still a good midfielder and I'd have him playing there next season in a heartbeat but then again I have no idea who Roberts will be bringing in to replace those who are leaving

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

A kiddie from Motherwell has been invited for a trial. 198 goals in 5 seasons; 11 in one game. Okay, it's a different level but at least he knows which side of the big white sticks to aim for.

What’s his name ?