The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

3 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Few rumours that we at looking to take on a 20 year old lad called Liam Brown. Seems he came through the famous Queens Park youth system.  What's your thoughts on him?

Really good footballer, who had/has the potential to make a good full-time career. Heard that good attitude wasn't his top attribute at QP. 

18 minutes ago, spider1867 said:

Mckernon, Hart, Peters, Roberts, Hawke, Sharpe, Miller all definitely leaving. Mark has a big job on his hands.

Hart and Roberts will be missed but no tears shed for the rest. McKernon started the season well enough but fell away sharply by the end.

30 minutes ago, spider1867 said:

Mckernon, Hart, Peters, Roberts, Hawke, Sharpe, Miller all definitely leaving. Mark has a big job on his hands.

Roberts is the biggest loss, definitely think we’ll struggle to replace him. The rest I’m not too fussed, Hart has done a good job but I’d like to think goalkeepers are reasonably replaceable, providing we don’t sign an absolute diddy. 

Funny old season. Awayday at Annan retained plus the return of Brechin and Stenny. Shame about Berwick, but as the big guy said, two out of three ain't bad. And of course, au revoir to that small section of Clyde fans whose mission in life is to constantly redefine the meaning of nonsense.

In a non-football way, I think we won.

As much as alot of the chat between us and QP on here is a riddie (admittedly more so from us) I'll miss the banter next season. That's what football is all about.

QP had their day a few years back in the playoffs and today is our day. All the best for next season QP.

Hopefully see you again. Only in league 1 though!

Roberts is the biggest loss, definitely think we’ll struggle to replace him. The rest I’m not too fussed, Hart has done a good job but I’d like to think goalkeepers are reasonably replaceable, providing we don’t sign an absolute diddy. 

Hart was pretty solid in my view, good all rounder. Made a few gaffes over the season but no more than any outfield player. And much, much less than Mikey Whyte. And then there was Lucas Birnstingl.

Had a quick chat with Mark Roberts after the last game. No family holiday booked specifically to devote his time to Queen’s Park. Knows he’s got a busy summer and up for the challenge. Aware he’s still to be measured with his own squad. Positive and grounded. That’ll do for me for now. Best of luck to him and The Scouts.

2 hours ago, The man with no name said:

Roberts moves on. Glad for the season he had here. I'm certain we will replace him with someone just as, if not more, exciting.

I hope so. We've finished 7th and lost some key players, so we absolutely have to recruit well. Like most others, it's make sure we get ourselves safe and then go from there. It would take an exceptional summer of recruitment to see us challenging in and around the top four.