The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

In our P&J today that Peterhead interested in your Kurtis Roberts but nothing being progressed until McInallys future has been decided. 
He's about 6 inches smaller than any of your other players; you won't have a jersey or shorts to fit him.

6 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:
19 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:
In our P&J today that Peterhead interested in your Kurtis Roberts but nothing being progressed until McInallys future has been decided. 

He's about 6 inches smaller than any of your other players; you won't have a jersey or shorts to fit him.

Do you have a guy McLean think he maybe scored both goal in the previous Hampden game had No3 on his shirt & seemed to play as attacking left back, thought he looked a player in that game & up at Balmoor. maybe a touch of ginger if I remember correctly

7 hours ago, The Spider said:

I thought you said Roberts wasn't up to the job and would be leading us to the Lowland League if we stuck with him. Did I imagine that or are you now revising your opinion?

Or maybe he just acts the WUM a lot of the time? 

9 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Do you have a guy McLean think he maybe scored both goal in the previous Hampden game had No3 on his shirt & seemed to play as attacking left back, thought he looked a player in that game & up at Balmoor. maybe a touch of ginger if I remember correctly

Summers our left back scored both goals in that game.

McLean usually plays midfield but he has also played in both full back roles this season (likes to change his hair colour now and again but cannae recall it ever being ginger)

Edited by Mick1867

7 hours ago, The Spider said:

I thought you said Roberts wasn't up to the job and would be leading us to the Lowland League if we stuck with him. Did I imagine that or are you now revising your opinion?

He still isn't a very good football manager, but I said you'll have "a good pool". Recruitment is half the battle, but Barry Ferguson showed us that a good squad can still lead to relegation if mismanaged. I'd be surprised - in any case - if next season was anything but another poor one again.

11 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Summers our left back scored both goals in that game.

McLean has also played there this season mind you (likes to change his hair colour and style now and again)

Had a look back at the Balmoor game & it was McLean that I thought might be worth keeping tabs on

We're needing a proven goalscorer. What's the big laddie up front that plays for you, Roddy or somthing like that? Could maybe do a swap and give him a run at a big club?

Russell McLean now at Montrose and is signed up for next season.

11 minutes ago, DavidMcG said:

Is he any good spiders?

Very good in the air and can put in a shift at centre back if needed. Not aggressive enough for a guy of his size but could be effective if used properly. Not overly fussed he’s away 

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

Very good in the air and can put in a shift at centre back if needed. Not aggressive enough for a guy of his size but could be effective if used properly. Not overly fussed he’s away 

10 goals was a decent return in a very mediocre season for us. Scored a few belters as well, along side "the greatest goal of all time from one yard" down at TNS. Sad to see him go tbh

Edited by Mick1867