The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

7 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:
On 30/04/2019 at 08:03, an86 said:
Fully in favour of giving the red kit a testimonial season. 

I've never been a fan of the all red kit to be honest. Personally I'd love an updated version of the blue and orange Irn Bru kit.

It was OK at the time, a bit of a novelty, but I was glad when we reverted to our more traditional club away colours.  However a new design of the away top would be nice, something like we had when Bukta did our strips. Toffs used to sell a belter of a retro red and black cotton top, with a white collar that we wore in the 7Os and early 80s. I'm also  not sure how long the current deal  with Underarmour lasts. Seems strange that we will be going 4 seasons with the exact same hoops top ( although I realise there are limits to what you can do with the hoops) 

13 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

It was OK at the time, a bit of a novelty, but I was glad when we reverted to our more traditional club away colours.  However a new design of the away top would be nice, something like we had when Bukta did our strips. Toffs used to sell a belter of a retro red and black cotton top, with a white collar that we wore in the 7Os and early 80s. I'm also  not sure how long the current deal  with Underarmour lasts. Seems strange that we will be going 4 seasons with the exact same hoops top ( although I realise there are limits to what you can do with the hoops) 

Nah. Some outlandish acid house away kit is what we're after. 

13 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

Celtic have been getting away with green away strips for years!

Last season but not this season. Their official away top is white with a green trim. They also have a fluorescent yellow and black 3rd top that they use a lot. Would be interesting to see the design of a QP tartan one mind you , I remember Morton once had a tartan away top      

Edited by Mick1867

On 23 April 2019 at 08:09, an86 said:

Think it's highly likely that he'll sign for Albion Rovers. He's getting a game, seems to be enjoying his football and is already enormously popular with their fans. Can't see why he'd sign back with us. 

Also special mention to Fotheringham and Wharton. Wharton had a shaky start of the season playing alongside our "risk free" signing policy which is code for the worst Rovers side you will ever see. He picked an injury which ruled him out for weeks. But the last few weeks he his back to his best - no nonsense clear your lines mode he more than played his part in shoring up the defence. Fotheringham again does the quiet unsung work was MoTM and scored the third goal last week that finally killed off Berwick.

16 minutes ago, Vodka Vic said:

Also special mention to Fotheringham and Wharton. Wharton had a shaky start of the season playing alongside our "risk free" signing policy which is code for the worst Rovers side you will ever see. He picked an injury which ruled him out for weeks. But the last few weeks he his back to his best - no nonsense clear your lines mode he more than played his part in shoring up the defence. Fotheringham again does the quiet unsung work was MoTM and scored the third goal last week that finally killed off Berwick.

Fotheringham does a lot of the under appreciated work. The permanently angry section of our support didn't take to him was he was neither a goal threat or an enforcer, but he did the simple thing reasonably well. 

Wharton will never change. He'll look great for a bit and then his brain will tune to the moon and cost you several farcical goals. Like the other guys you've got from us, his effort and commitment were never in question. 

37 minutes ago, an86 said:

Fotheringham does a lot of the under appreciated work. The permanently angry section of our support didn't take to him was he was neither a goal threat or an enforcer, but he did the simple thing reasonably well. 

Wharton will never change. He'll look great for a bit and then his brain will tune to the moon and cost you several farcical goals. Like the other guys you've got from us, his effort and commitment were never in question. 

Wharton is pretty much a good honest player. His only glaring mistakes this season was when played out of position in midfield. He really knuckled down though the last few weeks clearing his lines which is so important in this league. Smart as mentioned before has been awesome for us led the line and provided a real goal threat his winner v Edinburgh was a brilliant finish and landed a hammerblow to Berwick's chances.

17 minutes ago, Vodka Vic said:

Wharton is pretty much a good honest player. His only glaring mistakes this season was when played out of position in midfield. He really knuckled down though the last few weeks clearing his lines which is so important in this league. Smart as mentioned before has been awesome for us led the line and provided a real goal threat his winner v Edinburgh was a brilliant finish and landed a hammerblow to Berwick's chances.

Good to see someone else who appreciates the subtleties. You and your mates can enjoy a stress-free afternoon; probably first time this season. :guinness

40 minutes ago, an86 said:

Probably one for the 19/20 thread, but we're supoosedly signing a defender called Nicky Jamieson from Largs according to the junior forum. 

Nicky is a cracking player; it was always a case of which senior club he'd go to rather than if he'd make the step up, after the way he's come on in recent years. Surprised he's plumped for Queen's, to be honest given the rumoured interest. Tall, athletic, quick and aggressive but also good on the ball. If that's the sort of player Roberts is bringing in then you'll have a good pool next season, I'd imagine.

In our P&J today that Peterhead interested in your Kurtis Roberts but nothing being progressed until McInallys future has been decided. 
only seen him twice but looks a cracking player lot of potential

2 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

In our P&J today that Peterhead interested in your Kurtis Roberts but nothing being progressed until McInallys future has been decided. 

Not expecting to see him stay. It would take an extremely impressive haul of summer recruitment to see us challenging at the top end next season and he might fancy a step up. No idea what he does for a living, but an extra few hundred quid a month would be a big deal to most folk. Good luck to him. 

7 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Hibs interested in Michael Ruth. 

Could do with a full season under his belt imo, but it's highly unlikely that any youngster would turn down full time football to stay with us. 

15 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

If that's the sort of player Roberts is bringing in then you'll have a good pool next season, I'd imagine.

I thought you said Roberts wasn't up to the job and would be leading us to the Lowland League if we stuck with him. Did I imagine that or are you now revising your opinion?