The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

If someone had suggested we could achieve 5th this year a couple of weeks before the start of the season when we only appeared to have enough players for a fives team , I've have bitten the hand off them, but it is possible. Annan next, and they may go through the motions; three points definitely winnable. Clyde then Peterhead, and we may be the kingmakers. The defence are back to being pretty formidable and (gulp) we're also scoring goals. I wouldn't be surprised if we won one of the last two; maybe even both. Let's see how jittery they are and how often Davie Galt drives into the box. Another 35 yarder at Broadwood from him would kill me; I'll happily risk it.

Normally, I'd be desperate for the season to end if we had little to play for, but I'm enjoying what I'm watching.

3 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I heard ex Dundee United star David Robertson was signing.

That man would never be allowed anywhere near our dressing room with his background..................I mean, how low would we have sunk if we were reduced to signing former Cowdenbeath players :)

5 hours ago, You Only Live Twice said:

That awkward moment when the media team is more ‘professional’ than the one on the park.....

Whit a club emoji1305.png

Oh that's top patter. ..ffs man , you have the cheek to have a go at an86. You roasters are all over our threads.  

7 hours ago, You Only Live Twice said:

That awkward moment when the media team is more ‘professional’ than the one on the park.....

Whit a club emoji1305.png

I think you are confusing the colloquilisms old fruit. Professional with a small 'p' simply refers to a standard of quality. Amateur with a large 'A' reflects a sport with no payment. Many enlightened fellows in your community might reflect how admirable it is that people are still about who can offer a top drawer service without robbing people blind. Maybe you'll get there one day.

To be fair though, at least you can make a point. Unlike some other wee p***ks who just sneak about giving out riddys without comment. Like that's important :D:D

8 hours ago, Fitbaw enthusiast said:

Would we able to keep Smarticus full time after his heroics please and thanks  

Think it's highly likely that he'll sign for Albion Rovers. He's getting a game, seems to be enjoying his football and is already enormously popular with their fans. Can't see why he'd sign back with us. 

9 hours ago, Fitbaw enthusiast said:

Would we able to keep Smarticus full time after his heroics please and thanks  

It is easy to look good in a poor team. He flattered to deceive with us after promising much at the start. 

I don't think I've ever seen a player just fractionally second to a ball as much as Smart.

43 minutes ago, The man with no name said:

It is easy to look good in a poor team. He flattered to deceive with us after promising much at the start. 

I don't think I've ever seen a player just fractionally second to a ball as much as Smart.

Rovers might be a poor team, but he's scoring goals against decent teams - he's got a better goals for stat against Edinburgh City than Queen's have had all season.  I thought he could have been given more of a chance at Queen's, he didn't get much of a look in after Gus left including during that long period when we didn't win any games or score many goals.  I guess there must be a reason for that.  Always looked committed when he played.  And we'll always have Oswestry.  

1 hour ago, The man with no name said:

Really? I think it's much harder to put the ball in the net for a side at the bottom of the league. Some players just fit some clubs and that may be the case with Smart. Possibly the element of a point to prove as well. 

Smart said that he needed a sustained run in a team to get the best out of him. I think we gave him a reasonable run but I'm not sure that I'd have given him more time even though he was great to watch. It's terrific that he's doing well at the Rovers and he'll be getting paid. He'd be daft to come back; best of luck to him.