The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

2 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

It's the butler's night off tonight. What was in the Sun?

There's a story  or non story on their on line edition about Kurtis Roberts saying on his twitter that Oliver Burke was one of the worst players he's seen. Usual tabloid pish about him being an amateur with QP and having played for Yoker and Kilbirnie Ladeside patronising as f**k really.

15 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

There's a story  or non story on their on line edition about Kurtis Roberts saying on his twitter that Oliver Burke was one of the worst players he's seen. Usual tabloid pish about him being an amateur with QP and having played for Yoker and Kilbirnie Ladeside patronising as f**k really.

Kurtis is spot on, as usual. 

10 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:
12 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:
Those who can't just get their butler to read it for them?

Always a bit embarrassing when it's a scud mag.

Scud mags are handy for hiding your copy of the Sun in so no one has seen you've bought one.

On 22/03/2019 at 20:19, cowdenbeath said:

If it's not them it's the Record. Pair of shite stirring rags

• 3 weeks later...

Just reading back on some of the posts of around the 11th March. I trust we've all moved on now. If Chester Desmond is bored again tomorrow maybe we'll get a refreshed set of stats:)

One thing that hasn't changed is the Alan Gow Billy's Boots behaviour. As with every game, good or bad, I love to see the players coming over and connecting with the fans, especially when there's a few hours and miles been clocked up. Of the 14 players who were on the park yesterday, 13 came over to the fans (in decent numbers I might add). Guess who was missing?

Sorry about the picture quality. I only took it after I realised he was up the tunnel. Assuming he still has to wait for the team bus, what's the hurry? 

5cb35a4e922c9_QPVBerwickplayersatendofgame.thumb.jpg.bc55167409f972b4067166f44ebd0edc.jpg

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Just reading back on some of the posts of around the 11th March. I trust we've all moved on now. If Chester Desmond is bored again tomorrow maybe we'll get a refreshed set of stats:)

One thing that hasn't changed is the Alan Gow Billy's Boots behaviour. As with every game, good or bad, I love to see the players coming over and connecting with the fans, especially when there's a few hours and miles been clocked up. Of the 14 players who were on the park yesterday, 13 came over to the fans (in decent numbers I might add). Guess who was missing?

Sorry about the picture quality. I only took it after I realised he was up the tunnel. Assuming he still has to wait for the team bus, what's the hurry? 

5cb35a4e922c9_QPVBerwickplayersatendofgame.thumb.jpg.bc55167409f972b4067166f44ebd0edc.jpg

Any opportunity to have a dig at Gow. Needless 

4 hours ago, qpfc said:

Any opportunity to have a dig at Gow. Needless 

One guy in the whole team won't come over and celebrate with the fans. Needless.

From the comments I heard when he came on yesterday, I'm very much in the majority on this one. I don't need to create opportunities to have a go at Gow. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

17 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Very much so. The questions being asked of Roberts during the poor run were perfectly legitimate ones in the circumstances, but he's thankfully answered them in style. No doubt at all that he gets a crack at it next season. 

20 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Canny really be arsed and watching the pigeons out my office window is more distracting than football stats today, however things certainly look a lot rosier after the last 6 games since 11 March, albeit all games against teams outside the top 4.  But, as someone said on another thread, these would have been games where QP would likely have had bother earlier in the season so that's encouraging, as is that they've been achieved while bringing in some of the younger guys and using those who are more likely to still be at Hampden next season.  I've not been able to make as many games as I'd have liked lately so can't really comment on performances so much but the results over the last month and a bit tell a story, especially when compared to the previous three or four months.

If the current team were to start next season you'd think they could hold their own for another mid-table finish without being in too much bother, assuming that whichever out of Rovers and Berwick stays up (if not both) don't improve to any great extent (a big assumption of course).  Adding a bit more experience and regular goals could see a push for the play offs.  Again, this summer remains so important in terms of who stays and who comes in.