The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

On 2/4/2019 at 21:27, Bring Your Own Socks said:

What, just the one?

I was struggling to vote via Katie's link so here's another on Facebook. Amazingly both Kurtis' (can anyone confirm Kurty is appropriate?) goals are listed which is possibly a first in itself. There's a comments list on the right to show who voted for what and those who voted went for goal G for Kurtis so I've gone for that too so as not to split his votes. Get involved if you haven't already.  Hopefully goal A doesn't win :(

Good luck Kurtis/Kurty

Following on from the recent "anniversary" theme it was 10 years today since we pumped Gordon Strachan's Sellick 1-2. Adam Coakley, a declared Celtic fan, appeared as a sub on 60 minutes replacing Chuckie Watt, scored a goal in 66 minutes and got sent off for a second yellow in 81 minutes. You can't say he didn't make the most of his day. Hooking Strachan on his way to the bath was about all he missed.

5c5c5c11b285c_OnlyOneHoopsInGlasgow.jpg.95638f7ba0e2db07126e5d2b8a4efa3e.jpg

What's the fewest we've taken to an away game? Could be a very quiet bus on the road up to Elgin considering it's midweek, winter and we have little to play for. East Fife, on a Tuesday night, a couple of years ago, when the Forth Bridge was closed, was pretty sparse. There must have been something more northerly than that where we barely had anyone. 

9 hours ago, an86 said:

What's the fewest we've taken to an away game? Could be a very quiet bus on the road up to Elgin considering it's midweek, winter and we have little to play for. East Fife, on a Tuesday night, a couple of years ago, when the Forth Bridge was closed, was pretty sparse. There must have been something more northerly than that where we barely had anyone. 

Pretty sure in the late 90s there was a game away to Ross County midweek.

A minibus took “The Dingwall 9” to the game

13 hours ago, an86 said:

East Fife, on a Tuesday night, a couple of years ago, when the Forth Bridge was closed, was pretty sparse. There must have been something more northerly than that where we barely had anyone. 

Same season, 17 on the midweek bus to Montrose when we pumped them 6-1  ( a few more went up by car mind you)  

25 minutes ago, Chester Desmond said:

Don't think its been mentioned elsewhere, but both of the Kindlan brothers have signed for St Roch's in the last week or so.  Must be a 'buy one, get one free' set up with them.

They obviously both hate the manager. That's the only reason players have ever left in recent years. I won't hear of anyone telling me that this is a perfectly normal and frequent occurrence. 

4 hours ago, an86 said:

They obviously both hate the manager. That's the only reason players have ever left in recent years. I won't hear of anyone telling me that this is a perfectly normal and frequent occurrence. 

It was obvious neither of them fitted into Mark's plans. Gus signed so many at the start of the season that not all would make the first team. These two were not development players. They can't be blamed for wanting to play every week. Shame it didn't work out for them. Best wishes to both.

Youth Cup (U20's) Semi Final v Celtic 3rd March Cappilow Park 2pm         

Not seen anything confirming date and time so here it is. Going to be really tough with Celtic having a team full of youth internationals but we beat the holders Hibs in the last round so same level of performance will be required.