The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

The time frame for this looks impossible to see us in at Lesser Hampden by 2020. We need the finance, all of the planning work and the actual building itself to be signed off and done in the next 14 or 15 months. Even if running smoothly, that's surely not happening? 

Given the rate they've got it for and the suggested fucking about, I think most we see the SFA as morally obligated to keep letting us kick a ball round Hampden until the stadium is ready. However, they were morally obligated to pay more than £2.5million for a piece of land worth about fifteen times more. It will come as no surprise to see us playing away from our fan base at Airdrie for months when there's a park lying empty next to our new stadium being constructed. 

The time frame for this looks impossible to see us in at Lesser Hampden by 2020. We need the finance, all of the planning work and the actual building itself to be signed off and done in the next 14 or 15 months. Even if running smoothly, that's surely not happening? 
Given the rate they've got it for and the suggested fucking about, I think most we see the SFA as morally obligated to keep letting us kick a ball round Hampden until the stadium is ready. However, they were morally obligated to pay more than £2.5million for a piece of land worth about fifteen times more. It will come as no surprise to see us playing away from our fan base at Airdrie for months when there's a park lying empty next to our new stadium being constructed. 

It was all making sense until you tried to link the SFA with morality.

33 minutes ago, sydney said:

A QP fan accusing another club of being parasites is priceless ! 

How exactly could QPFC be described as parasites?

The Club from the very beginning have been the complete opposite. Gave their kit to Scotland and provided the first team for the first ever international. Allowed Scotland to play at Hampden, which the club own and financed when first built. Then when it was redeveloped with no money from SFA , included many features which are of no use to the club, e.g. underground parking, museum, offices. Are paid a relatively small amount of money in rent 300000 for a stadium for international and cup games, concerts, exhibitions and office space. The money the club does receive in rent does not go to finance a 'Gretna'. No wages for players, nobody getting rich. Instead support provided for youth teams and community development. 

Current Scotland captain and probably the greatest British manager both have their roots with the club along with many other worthy people.

Parasites, I think not.

8 hours ago, Glasgow1999 said:

How exactly could QPFC be described as parasites?

The Club from the very beginning have been the complete opposite. Gave their kit to Scotland and provided the first team for the first ever international. Allowed Scotland to play at Hampden, which the club own and financed when first built. Then when it was redeveloped with no money from SFA , included many features which are of no use to the club, e.g. underground parking, museum, offices. Are paid a relatively small amount of money in rent 300000 for a stadium for international and cup games, concerts, exhibitions and office space. The money the club does receive in rent does not go to finance a 'Gretna'. No wages for players, nobody getting rich. Instead support provided for youth teams and community development. 

Current Scotland captain and probably the greatest British manager both have their roots with the club along with many other worthy people.

Parasites, I think not.

You conveniently forget to mention the various ‘facelifts’ Hampden received over the years, none of which your club paid for. Why should you be paid more than £300k per annum ? You’re lucky to have the opportunity to receive any income given that you let the stadium you built turn into a ruin. 

As for Clyde. Built Shawfield, sold it and leased it back for decades from a landlord who let the place fall into disrepair, paid not insignificant rent to Partick and Hamilton and then huge rental to NLC. That cost, and going full time without the crowds to support it, led to the club getting into financial difficulties. Rather than do a ‘Rangers’ or ‘Airdrie’, the club slashed its playing budget and spent a decade clearing its debt, to the obvious detriment of its league position. 

Parasites ? I think not. 

3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

More on the Clyde view of the world. Tedious.

Really don't understand the obsession with some of their fans. It borders on blind hatred in a few cases.  Wasn't Thistle always Clyde's big rivals back in the day? QP were a non-event to that generation of Clyde fans. I suppose for any younger men, say 25 and under, tier 4 mediocrity is all they've ever known which isn't really fair on them, especially if they are also Scotland fans.  Maybe this year :)

Still, good luck to them. Harbouring endless angst and rage about a club like ours really isn't good for their mental health. There's a bigger world out their guys. Live the dream.

Syd raises some very valid points there, so it's only natural that Queen's fans would rather deflect and make it all about Clyde (as always) than address issues which clearly hit close to home.
Syd's "points" have been raised a hundred times before by Clyde fans. No one's interested. As I said, tedious.

Clyde's roaster support, their signing policy, their club governance, current and past, and having the poorest awayday in the lower divisions means that no one has anything to learn from them on anything. Although their matchday programme is good.

Getting away from mutual admiration now. A serious question. 

Has Queens Park got some kind of affiliation, official or otherwise, with SG Wattenscheid 09 in Germany ? I was there recently and was curious to know why there were one or two Wattenscheid fans with Queens Park scarves. I was going to ask one of them but the moment passed before I got a chance. 

Has Queens Park got some kind of affiliation, official or otherwise, with SG Wattenscheid 09 in Germany ? I was there recently and was curious to know why there were one or two Wattenscheid fans with Queens Park scarves. I was going to ask one of them but the moment passed before I got a chance. 
Yes. In fact, two of the German lads were over for the game (that wasn't) this weekend. As it happens, a few of them will be over for the game at Broadwood in April.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:
3 hours ago, sydney said:

Yes. In fact, two of the German lads were over for the game (that wasn't) this weekend. As it happens, a few of them will be over for the game at Broadwood in April.

Thanks. What’s the background to the tie up ? 

Thanks. What’s the background to the tie up ? 
20 of them were looking for a game to come over to about 12 years ago. It was going to be Everton, but after they saw an article about QP in Kicker magazine, they changed it to us. They play in black and white, their best days are behind them and they have two big clubs nearby. Kindred spirits.

QP have had pre-season training camps there and we hosted their youth team for a week a few years ago.

15 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

20 of them were looking for a game to come over to about 12 years ago. It was going to be Everton, but after they saw an article about QP in Kicker magazine, they changed it to us. They play in black and white, their best days are behind them and they have two big clubs nearby. Kindred spirits.

QP have had pre-season training camps there and we hosted their youth team for a week a few years ago.

Thanks HD. They are right among a host of big clubs. Schalke are very close and Dortmund pretty close too. There are also Bochum and Duisburg which, although in Bundesliga 2, are pretty big clubs. Then another few ‘biggies’ within an hour of Wattenscheid. We saw them play RW Essen which is a local derby. Maybe 3000 there, about 2000 Essen fans. Really enjoyed my visit there. Fairly decent sized stadium. 

Like taking in the lower league games when we’re away. Makes me feel at home !

5 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Really nice people at Wattenscheid but the club always seem to be a ba'hair away from extinction. Happened again this year.

Long way away from their days in the Bundesliga in the 1990's.

Didn’t realise they were struggling financially. They are one of the poorer supported teams in that league though so perhaps not a huge surprise.