The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

1 hour ago, the_bully_wee said:
1 hour ago, an86 said:
Still rattled almost three years on from Galt pinging one in off the bar from Croy Station. Pleasing. 

A good signing which takes you up to roughly half a dozen first teamers who are remotely good enough for this level. Might even be enough to stop you from looking down!

I can't even remember the names of any of your players outside the rapist, the racist and Rankin. 

Think I’ll put that gif on the Clyde thread to save The_Wee_Bawbag from creeping over here all the time. She’s utterly obsessed.
I take a keen interest in the fortunes of all Scottish clubs, particularly those whose fortunes affect those of my own team. I am merely seeking to provide some balance here by reminding you and your fellow Queenies that your club is still on course for a swift and crippling decline, particularly due to the ineptitude of your current manager.

But at least Galt scored one goal against Clyde three seasons ago!

Genuinely taken aback by how rattled Clyde fans still are at that goal. Didn't think the rattle of that crossbar would still be echoing in their minds by 2019. It's pleasing that we still live inside their heads rent free even when we're pish and they're doing relatively OK. 

8 hours ago, an86 said:

He's back according to the club twitter :wub::wub::wub:

On 11/08/2018 at 13:08, The Spider said:

I believe it's pre-existing as there was a similar issue with us at one stage.  I think he's a boy whose confidence can suffer if things aren't going well for him, so sad that things didn't work out for him at Alloa but if we leave him be for a bit to recover from the disappointment then there's no reason why he won't feel the urge to pull on the glorious black & white hooped/striped (delete as you prefer) jersey again.

Hope everyone gives him a few games to get up to speed before getting on the boy's back. As Spider1867 points out he's not the Messiah and if his confidence is a bit fragile in his first couple of outings the last thing he'll need is one of our fans engaging their mouth before their brain kicks in. Welcome back David!

"The club are delighted to announce that David Galt has returned, penning a deal today which will run until the end of the season. "

Taken fron the official site. Given all the recent talk about how a player can leave after 28 days notice, it's strangely worded. Don't we still have to to re-sign every player at the end of each season anyway, so why not just say that we've re-signed him and leave it at that. Also, phraseology like "penning a deal" does nothing to help our cause and only encourages trolls like the_bully-wee to question our (while it lasts!) amateur status.

Someone needs to have a wee quiet word with whomever is responsible for writing that pish.

Where has Galt been playing ?
It is always good to get a hero back to your club, not sure it always works out .But sure it will give the fans a lift and seeing you at broadwood looked like you need experience in the team

11 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

Where has Galt been playing ?
It is always good to get a hero back to your club, not sure it always works out .But sure it will give the fans a lift and seeing you at broadwood looked like you need experience in the team

Was at Alloa at the start of the season. Had an illness that kept him out and he never broke into the side. Left there and ended up kicking a ball for Cambuslang Rangers, which I expect was a bit too stabby for his liking. 

On 18/01/2019 at 13:38, The Spider said:

Yes, just think of all the penalties he'll earn us........................and all the different players who'll miss them :(

Delighted to be half right - well done, Scott McLean!

"The club are delighted to announce that David Galt has returned, penning a deal today which will run until the end of the season. "
Taken fron the official site. Given all the recent talk about how a player can leave after 28 days notice, it's strangely worded. Don't we still have to to re-sign every player at the end of each season anyway, so why not just say that we've re-signed him and leave it at that. Also, phraseology like "penning a deal" does nothing to help our cause

Someone needs to have a wee quiet word with whomever is responsible for writing that pish.

Instead of carping constantly, why don't you offer to help out?

Could not get to the game yesterday. Was gobsmacked when I seen the team but fair play to Mark he made changes again looking for that elusive result. Going by the posts we played very well even after losing an early goal.

How did Jambo do in defensive 3?

How did midfield play? 

Do we think Gerry will come back in next week at the expense of McGrory in midfield and Jambo back in midfield? 

Were Billy and Scotty good in defence, could it be an answer in this positions. 

Good to hear Gibby getting back to the player we know.  And Galty back to give us a boost going forward. 

Were we good in possession of the ball, was it kept on the ground more. Great attitude from Kurtis back playing after his teeth injury. 

We will be hoping for more of the same next weekend at home to Berwick.

4 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Instead of carping constantly, why don't you offer to help out?

Been there and done that before as you well know HD.  Not in any way criticising the efforts of those involved, but surely to goodness those involved understand that there is no "deal" when you sign an amateur player. They get all signed up on a standard contract until the end of the season and get travelling expenses only. If individual players are already on preferential negotiated "deals" we've got a problem.

Clearly there are those on here who would prefer that any discussion relating to our amateur status remains behind closed doors, so from now on I'll fall in line, toe the party line and save my carping until the fishing season opens .

16 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Hooray!

I know my place, and the last thing I'd want is a knock on the door from you or BYOS in the wee small hours. If you need me for anything you'll find me at the back of the happy-clappers queue.

image.png.eac94d9061578e8d119579b3dde1f316.png

Good to see us stop the rot, hopefully this is the point where we kick on and we can put some points on the board from our next game v Berwick. Probably would like to see a loan singing come in too, either a Midfielder or Defender. I feel like Magee and McLaren both need an old head with composure (Gerry or Scott) to guide them through the game, so maybe see if theres an Andy Millen-esque guy looking to get regular games again out there?

36 minutes ago, DundeeSpider1867 said:

Good to see us stop the rot, hopefully this is the point where we kick on and we can put some points on the board from our next game v Berwick. Probably would like to see a loan singing come in too, either a Midfielder or Defender. I feel like Magee and McLaren both need an old head with composure (Gerry or Scott) to guide them through the game, so maybe see if theres an Andy Millen-esque guy looking to get regular games again out there?

Will be genuinely surprised if we don't end up with a St Mirren youngster on loan.