The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

54 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Thanks for the update C4mmy31. Ross is a clever player and his frustration showed last year at the lack of guile around the team. I've little doubt he'll do better at the higher level.

2018 was a phenomenal year for Killie. 74 points across the year, one more than Celtic. Special time for your club. If you've any lively young strikers needing some league experience let us know. emoji846.png

How about Brophy?

On 12/30/2018 at 11:38, bobthespider said:

Anyone got information about the update on Lesser Hampden given yesterday.

Either there is nobody interested, or there is no information. Very unsettling considering the timescale, funding, consultation, planning, construction and interim arrangements.

Either there is nobody interested, or there is no information. Very unsettling considering the timescale, funding, consultation, planning, construction and interim arrangements.
The event was well publicised and open to all, including you. We were asked to keep the information that was available to ourselves. Gladly that has been done.

The event was well publicised and open to all, including you. We were asked to keep the information that was available to ourselves. Gladly that has been done.
This was an event I had hoped to attend but wasn't able to due to other commitments. I had hoped that after the meeting there would have been some information posted on the website. Given that the event was open to both members and supporters I assumed that the information given would be made public. Was there an explanation given as to why the information was to be kept 'secret'?

3 hours ago, Ben Reilly said:
3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

This was an event I had hoped to attend but wasn't able to due to other commitments. I had hoped that after the meeting there would have been some information posted on the website. Given that the event was open to both members and supporters I assumed that the information given would be made public. Was there an explanation given as to why the information was to be kept 'secret'?

It's not "secret". Just amongst QP fans.  There's still some scurrilous rats from the press sniffing around. TBH, it was relatively poorly attended given the changes that are rushing toward us.  Hopefully more will come next time. I'm going to Lisburn on Monday so I'll see if I can hunt down that couple who just won the lottery.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

It's not "secret". Just amongst QP fans.  There's still some scurrilous rats from the press sniffing around. TBH, it was relatively poorly attended given the changes that are rushing toward us.  Hopefully more will come next time. I'm going to Lisburn on Monday so I'll see if I can hunt down that couple who just won the lottery.
In that case it would be good if the club were to find a way to share it with as many fans as possible. The more fans that are informed and involved, and therefore (hopefully) supportive of the plans, the more chance that the imminent changes will be positive for the future. The Q&A event was a good and welcome idea, but obviously these meetings can't be at a time that will suit everyone (and possibly it being during the festive period didn't help) so other ways to get fans involved could perhaps be considered. I don't expect anyone who was there to share what was discussed on this forum if they have been asked not to, but I must admit I'm intrigued what sort of information would be considered a scoop by the press.

In that case it would be good if the club were to find a way to share it with as many fans as possible. The more fans that are informed and involved, and therefore (hopefully) supportive of the plans, the more chance that the imminent changes will be positive for the future. The Q&A event was a good and welcome idea, but obviously these meetings can't be at a time that will suit everyone (and possibly it being during the festive period didn't help) so other ways to get fans involved could perhaps be considered. I don't expect anyone who was there to share what was discussed on this forum if they have been asked not to, but I must admit I'm intrigued what sort of information would be considered a scoop by the press.

Feel free to forward any innovative ideas to the club secretary. Perhaps there’s some digital medium they haven’t heard of yet. Or just come along. Pretty sure it was flagged up for a few weeks. Some folks travelled over 20 miles just to be there. Make it what you will friend.

18 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:
45 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

This is a shambles. The meeting was not well publicised. Members were not given notice and on enquiry were told that it was in the e-programme which is a fairly useless publication. To hold it at Lesser just before the game in Cumbernauld was idiotic. Those living to the east of Glasgow were being asked to come in totally the wrong direction and then retrace their steps to Cumbernauld. Amateurish nonsense or an opportunity to publish bad news which hasn't to be disclosed? No wonder it was poorly attended. To then ask for it to be kept confidential-------are they being serious???? God help us if this is the crew who are going to try and lead us out of this mess.

Feel free to forward any innovative ideas to the club secretary. Perhaps there’s some digital medium they haven’t heard of yet. Or just come along. Pretty sure it was flagged up for a few weeks. Some folks travelled over 20 miles just to be there. Make it what you will friend.
I think you have unknowingly perfectly summed up my main concern. If there's an attitude of 'we had a meeting, if you couldn't make it that's your problem' then that will surely only be detrimental to the club in the long run. As I said in my previous post, it would seem in everyone's best interests to get as much support, backing and involvement from the fans and members as possible in the decision making process. If fans feel part of the process it should encourage some to stick around and become more involved, which is surely what is needed more than ever at this time of big changes. Conversely if there is little or no fan engagement, some may feel unappreciated and may spend their Saturday afternoons (and their money) elsewhere. As has been noted in a few P&B threads recently, attendances are dropping, and if other local clubs enter the league, they may turn the heads of casual fans (as well as players) if they present a more appealing alternative. As for 'innovative ideas', I don't think we're in need of any revolutionary 'digital mediums' just better use of the ones we already use. I personally feel that much better use could be made of the website to inform fans of goings on at the club. I appreciate that it requires manpower to do these things, and I don't know if the website is manned by paid club staff or volunteers, but if it's the latter, then my point above again stands - encourage people to get involved by giving them any and every opportunity.

18 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:
2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I think you have unknowingly perfectly summed up my main concern. If there's an attitude of 'we had a meeting, if you couldn't make it that's your problem' then that will surely only be detrimental to the club in the long run. As I said in my previous post, it would seem in everyone's best interests to get as much support, backing and involvement from the fans and members as possible in the decision making process. If fans feel part of the process it should encourage some to stick around and become more involved, which is surely what is needed more than ever at this time of big changes. Conversely if there is little or no fan engagement, some may feel unappreciated and may spend their Saturday afternoons (and their money) elsewhere. As has been noted in a few P&B threads recently, attendances are dropping, and if other local clubs enter the league, they may turn the heads of casual fans (as well as players) if they present a more appealing alternative. As for 'innovative ideas', I don't think we're in need of any revolutionary 'digital mediums' just better use of the ones we already use. I personally feel that much better use could be made of the website to inform fans of goings on at the club. I appreciate that it requires manpower to do these things, and I don't know if the website is manned by paid club staff or volunteers, but if it's the latter, then my point above again stands - encourage people to get involved by giving them any and every opportunity.

Kind of looks to me like you've got your own agenda here pal and I'm not taking part in it. New member with 8 posts sorting the world out. Seen it too many times. If you want to get involved, get involved. Carping from the wings changes nothing. Get yerself a dose of realism while you're at it.

Divisiveness is the last thing the club needs right now.  Unless of course that's your agenda? 

This is a shambles. The meeting was not well publicised. Members were not given notice and on enquiry were told that it was in the e-programme which is a fairly useless publication. To hold it at Lesser just before the game in Cumbernauld was idiotic. Those living to the east of Glasgow were being asked to come in totally the wrong direction and then retrace their steps to Cumbernauld. Amateurish nonsense or an opportunity to publish bad news which hasn't to be disclosed? No wonder it was poorly attended. To then ask for it to be kept confidential-------are they being serious???? God help us if this is the crew who are going to try and lead us out of this mess.
East of the city to Lesser - 20 minutes. Up to you whether you could be bothered. Sounds like you wouldn't have been even if you knew about it.

The club have an e mail database that goes out to hundreds of people; it was in that for 3 weeks. Get on that; this is the way of the world now. You're using P and B so you can't claim you're not on the internet. The e programme was obviously not useless on this occasion either as it also had the details.

This was organised by the guy who runs the bus, not the club, but the Commitee guys were happy to come along for what was an informal briefing. Have a word with the guy and tell him it was a shambles. Can I watch?

17 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

East of the city to Lesser - 20 minutes. Up to you whether you could be bothered. Sounds like you wouldn't have been even if you knew about it.

The club have an e mail database that goes out to hundreds of people; it was in that for 3 weeks. Get on that; this is the way of the world now. You're using P and B so you can't claim you're not on the internet. The e programme was obviously not useless on this occasion either as it also had the details.

This was organised by the guy who runs the bus, not the club, but the Commitee guys were happy to come along for what was an informal briefing. Have a word with the guy and tell him it was a shambles. Can I watch?

To continue on the shambles vain. This meeting was organised for a Saturday in the middle of the festive season. I and, I suspect, many others were enjoying the company of friends and family at this time.  Whether I could be bothered or not is irrelevant. I see no sense in driving past Cumbernauld to Hampden when we are playing at Cumbernauld that same afternoon. Not good for the carbon footprint. Would it have been such a hassle to hold it this Saturday when we have a home game. Are you telling me that this initiative was taken by the guy who runs the bus and not at all by the committee. Fair play to him if true and it reinforces my comments re the committee.

Kind of looks to me like you've got your own agenda here pal and I'm not taking part in it. New member with 8 posts sorting the world out. Seen it too many times. If you want to get involved, get involved. Carping from the wings changes nothing. Get yerself a dose of realism while you're at it.
Divisiveness is the last thing the club needs right now.  Unless of course that's your agenda? 
That sadly seems to me to be a very cynical reaction to my attempt to enter into a constructive conversation about the issues affecting the club. I've no agenda other than seeing the club i support be in the strongest position it can be. I don't view anything I've said as 'carping' rather raising a point for discussion with other supporters, which is surely what this forum is for. I'm certainly not trying be divisive, in fact my comments have been about the very opposite - including more people in the future of the club and creating a stronger relationship between the club and its supporters. As for the number of previous posts on P&B, I didn't realise I needed to have fulfilled a quota before I was allowed to voice an opinion. True I'm a relatively new member, as I only discovered P&B in the last year or so after it was mentioned by a fellow supporter, but from memory most of my previous comments have been looking for information on how to get more involved (membership) because sadly there is no information on the website. As I have said, I welcomed the meeting last week, but couldn't attend on that date/time. I am keen to get more involved where I can (and can afford - time/money) and of course that is for me to be proactive about, but my personal view is that the club could do more to encourage involvement of supporters. Again it doesn't need to be radical, but simple things like more info on the website, i imagine, would be relatively easy but effective. Like I say, that's my opinion, and I'm posting if here as I'm interested in the views of other supporters. You don't have to agree with me, but please don't assume I'm out to single handedly ruin the club for my own amusement.

1. It was during the festive period, where people tend to want to enjoy time with family and friends and make the most of a well earned rest. 

2. It was scheduled for an away game and was only really convenient for people who were going to be on the southside that day.  It's not really reasonable to have a pop at folk, who may have to rely on shite public transport, for not travelling in completely the opposite direction before setting off for Cumbernauld. 

To be quite clear, this is not a criticism of the organiser. He does a great job to help the club and the supporters and does so for no reward. The criticism is of "the real fans would have been there" type patter. Absolute look down the nose pish that will only discourage people from engaging. 

Edited by an86

8 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Ok can we cut out all the bollocks and ask those that were at the meeting what was agreed/happened/decided? - - - - Too much to ask?

Assuming your username relates to your residence, there will be people along any moment laying into you for not taking a bus and two trains to find out by yourself. 

57 minutes ago, an86 said:

The criticism is of "the real fans would have been there" type patter. Absolute look down the nose pish that will only discourage people from engaging. 

This. 100% this. Sadly some people are more interested in their own deluded sense of self-importance than the overall benefit of the club. We need every fan we can get and this reaction to a legitimate concern is frankly shameful. Auld Jimmy Gillies would be so proud.