The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

8 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Some cheery news guys and dolls...Strollers win again, 2-1 against Airdrie. Look at that home record. Enjoy the winter break lads...

image.png.0467933f8e2b4e55a8579767cb6b7dac.png

Reserves won 2.1 v Airdrie and QP should be joint top of league with Livi, Spfl have 2 away wins in league as defeats, Queens beat Albion and East Kilbride both away 

Best of luck to him. Guy gave his best and scored one of the best QP goals I've ever seen, but the usual snides will be out in force. Wonder who they'll go for now? The manager will be the heavy favourite if we lose tomorrow. 

Whatever the merit of the rest if your story, I heard that the players decided to come back after the game despite being given the opportunity to stay in Oswestry if they wanted. Some had work on the Sunday.

As confirmed by Jordan Hart at the end of this....

Joe coconuts needs to be more careful. He’s been a QP fan since a couple of players joined us in the summer from Kilbirnie Ladeside. Really narrows down who his (or her) snout is. Maybe some other players would be disappointed to know that what goes on in the boot room isn’t staying in the boot room.

The committee are there to run our football club and a big part of that is fiscal prudence. As a fan in his 49th season I’d be very disappointed if they blew the kitty on a Christmas party just so occasional visitors could like them.

There’s a lot of folks around who can only dream of that money at Christmas.

Socks, as usual you ramble on a lot of bullshit, what you really need is an enema, a good clear out, you’ll feel better for it

Don’t need help on any level from you. Last season you were a Ladeside fan. Now you’re competent to pass judgement on our committee AND be the spokeperson for the whole squad. Just because one player you know came home from training in a huff doesn’t mean that reflects what the rest thinks. Seen plenty like you before. They all moved on when their pal in the team did. So will you.

Don’t need help on any level from you. Last season you were a Ladeside fan. Now you’re competent to pass judgement on our committee AND be the spokeperson for the whole squad. Just because one player you know came home from training in a huff doesn’t mean that reflects what the rest thinks. Seen plenty like you before. They all moved on when their pal in the team did. So will you.

My god!! what a complete sack you are, listen old timer I don’t need you to tell me who I support, I watch many senior and junior football teams each season and as from where I got my info it certainly was not from any of your players, even though you seem on a mission to embarrass some of them, your committee are a shower of miserable toe rags who are taking the Michael out of the boys

On 08/12/2018 at 23:00, Joe coconuts said:

your committee are a shower of miserable toe rags who are taking the Michael out of the boys

There's been a few Michaels that have played for us over the years. My favourite was probably Mick Hendry, a proper goalscorer. I doubt he or the team he played in got £500 for a players' night out. Different times though Joe Bananas eh 

On 08/12/2018 at 21:28, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Now you’re competent to pass judgement on our committee AND be the spokeperson for the whole squad. 

There's a few on our committee I have no time for but the rest are a decent bunch. 

Let's also not forget that every January the committee put on a free night for the players, coaches, and office staff ( and their other halves ) a tradition that has been happening for years. This usually involves a slap up meal and a free bar. Pretty sure none of the squad complain about that      

Anybody else feel the same that this League 2 is rank rotten and that Edinburgh City and Peterheid are the best of a very average bunch...shame we had to change Managers as think Gus"s experience and his knowledge of the squad he assembled would have taken us further up the league.

Nothing against Roberts but just think Gus could get more out of a squad...only time will tell but IMO we have gone off the boil both defensively which could in part be due to enforced changes and in mid-field where I still think we are searching for a better blend.For me McKernon is very average and flatters as he runs around chasing shadows and likes nothing better than punting upfield like they do in the Juniors and Roberts has potential but positionally is weak and tends to take too many touches..so both for me are technically deficient in an area where we have previously excelled.Maybe an additional player in CM at the expense of a wide man would help as being played through too easily.

We need to start winning again soon or we will find ourselves spiralling further down towards the relegation pit!