The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

Wondering if anyone has heard anything on Lesser? Given the turnaround is less than two years away, we surely can’t be all that far away from at least some vague plans on what it’ll look like?

A bit of Annan style covered terracing is all I’m after. Capacity wise, you’d think 2000/2500  would do the job. Rangers games and Thistle in Division Two are the only times I recall us going above that.

On 11/18/2018 at 13:23, an86 said:

Wondering if anyone has heard anything on Lesser? Given the turnaround is less than two years away, we surely can’t be all that far away from at least some vague plans on what it’ll look like?

A bit of Annan style covered terracing is all I’m after. Capacity wise, you’d think 2000/2500  would do the job. Rangers games and Thistle in Division Two are the only times I recall us going above that.

Artist's impression

Image result for subbuteo stand

Edited by Chester Desmond

Finally got round to watching Friday's game on the interweb last night. A bit surprised about the lack of comment on The Cups forum. Okay we're out but getting within six minutes of a semi-final  is something special and deserves huge praise for all involved on the journey. That night in Mold will probably last in everyone's memory. As for the final game, despite all the hullaballoo about football versus holliganism we only got beat by one man , staunchly defending at one end and then finishing as an attacker at the other.  Fair play to him. It was great credit to our performance that their coach had to take a big gamble at the end. Not an admirer of that club's style though.

It would be great to get past Raith and I'm sure any of their players thinking back to last season will get a shock when they face the current team. It'll always be about the league for us though  so I'll enjoy my day watching my favourites and take anything other than a loss as a real bonus. I hope the players and coaches enjoy it too. Best of luck lads!

18 minutes ago, acrossthesea said:

Over from Ireland for the weekend. Going to do the 12.30 Hampden tour and museum. Takes about 2 hrs I am told.  Going to the game but want to have a pint first. Where is the nearest pub or is there a bar in your clubhouse?

Thanks boys and gals

Club at Lesser Hampden should cater for your needs. Go round the side of the building and the entrance is round the back. 

23 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

Edinburgh City drew yesterday so I assume they'll now be heading for Inverness on Saturday while some of us will be trying to avoid getting dragged round the shops. 

Hopefully they patch this fixture until New Year. Two away games in the pay cycle before Christmas is infinitely more manageable than three. 

Guys what is happening to our game.

We started playing football under Mark with a high pressing game with pace. Now we are lumping it forward and hoping for the best. We look a team with little heart and drive. Today was terrible. We need to change things up a bit. Players are to comfortable in possession of the jersey. Mark is to loyal to guys not pulling their weight. Is he there friend or their manager. He has to manage his squad better. 

I here Gavin Lachlan has left as he was never given a chance by Mark. Thought he started the season excellent at right back. But credit to young James Grant who has done well. Gavin was signed as a midfielder and was never given a chance by Gus or Mark in his natural position. 

1 hour ago, strachan186772 said:

A change needs to be made to the defence. The back four of Grant Summers McLaughlin McLaren worked really well for us to begin with but now not so much, but it's difficult at this point exactly what changes need to be made.

This is like how long is a piece of string. Everyone will have a different idea. Firstly we need a settled team and McLaren is not helping there. He was combining well with Gerry. If you consider a 4-4-2 formation I think we are weaker on the left. Summers needs coaching on cutting out crosses and either East, who is a huge prospect, or McLean are not strong enough in defensive mode. I would have Smart in on the right. He shirks nothing, can challenge in the air, and has talent in his feet when they go the right way. He willingly chases back. I think he may have blotted his copybook somewhere along the line. Haven't heard of him since his prolonged argument with Jamie in front of Mark against either the Nomads or Peterhead. Left midfield/wing is more difficult. Perhaps some of the fringe youngsters ( McGrory or Millar) who have either been injured or not given the chance could step in. I think East is best developed as a substitute to give pace when required.  Those are suggestions only and with the right coaching and encouragement what we currently have in the first team is pretty promising. Look how the played against Peterhead. That to me was the best performance of this and last season. Yes, I know, Summers scored two goals. Perhaps our trialist can add the experience necessary?

Edited by williebraveheart

We dominated the second half yesterday as much as EC did the first. There's a vlog site showing the EC action, nothing of ours, but it does show how bad we defended both goals. Conversely, we had 3 good 1v1 chances in the second, McLaren, MacLaughlin and Moore, and if any of them had shown a bit of compsure and just passed the ball into the corner rather than trying for power and hitting the keeper the end result might have been different. Despite the noted shortcomings, we're not that far away. But we are carrying a few players who seem to be one-trick wonders but don't have the strength to compete and, more worringly, don't chase back when possession is lost. Skills can be improved upon. Attitude to play for the team is a bigger challenge.

6 hours ago, spider1867 said:

Guys what is happening to our game.

We started playing football under Mark with a high pressing game with pace. Now we are lumping it forward and hoping for the best. We look a team with little heart and drive. Today was terrible. We need to change things up a bit. Players are to comfortable in possession of the jersey. Mark is to loyal to guys not pulling their weight. Is he there friend or their manager. He has to manage his squad better. 

I here Gavin Lachlan has left as he was never given a chance by Mark. Thought he started the season excellent at right back. But credit to young James Grant who has done well. Gavin was signed as a midfielder and was never given a chance by Gus or Mark in his natural position. 

Heard Smart Osadolar has also left the club?...if true that him and Gavin have left that doesn't sound good as only in Dec and players already disenchanted.