The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

1 hour ago, jinky said:

Actually think Kindlan & Lachlan deserve game time at some point as both have performed well this season and don't think the midfield has been great over last couple of games...if we cant dominate that area against the bottom sides then we may struggle against the better teams.

Mark touched on that in his post-match interview. The defence is still sitting a wee bit deep and with forwards pushing higher there's a lot of space in the middle to cover. Back four could do with being a wee bit higher but the Annan game showed our weakness with pace for balls over the top. Every fixture this month will be testing. I'd settle for 4-3 every week.

3 hours ago, jinky said:

.if we cant dominate that area against the bottom sides then we may struggle against the better teams.

We dominated that area in the Clyde game to be fair, especially in the first half when their midfield hardly got a kick.

The competition for places is great but they're going to have to wait their turn if we keep winning

I think come January we will lose a few Gus always had a far too big squad because he fell out with so many players. But Mark seems a more easy going manager. The difficulty for him is when everyone is fit and not getting game time.  I feel sorry for Gavin  he looked really good at right back although a midfielder although young James has made the position  his own now, although  i believe he has not been tested properly. A Isaid before I believe at least 5-6 players will need to leave come January. Brendan, Adam, Euan, Dean, Lewis, Daniel and Calvin must all be thinking about when they will get game time and may look for a loan or another club to satisfy that. 

15 hours ago, spider1867 said:

although young James has made the position  his own now, although  i believe he has not been tested properly. 

Whit? In what way has he not been tested properly? He's an inexperienced youngster who has been playing well against more experienced pros. He's had to deal with all types of players from wee nippy forwards to big lumps. Some of his tackling has been great, especially in the TNS game against full timers. He's by no means the finished article but he has certainly been tested.      

Edited by Mick1867

Alright lads, I recorded a podcast with erstwhile Spider Mick Dunlop and I think you might enjoy it.

He talks at length about playing under Billy Stark, his team-mates, the atmosphere at the club, the promotion, staying in the Second Division, and how the team eventually broke up.

CLICK

17 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Alright lads, I recorded a podcast with erstwhile Spider Mick Dunlop and I think you might enjoy it.

He talks at length about playing under Billy Stark, his team-mates, the atmosphere at the club, the promotion, staying in the Second Division, and how the team eventually broke up.

CLICK

Cheers FF.  This will be absolutely filthy listening  

18 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

CLICK

Excellent. It brought back some great memories of the Stark era.

Sticking with the promotion-winning side of 2007, the highlights from both matches were available on a site called Daily Motion and my browser kept on crashing when I tried to watch them.

So I've added them to YouTube where it should be easy enough for everyone to see. The resolution isn't brilliant but you get the general idea.