The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

10 minutes ago, an86 said:

Stevie Aitken must on a shoogly peg at Dumbarton. Seems to be fizzling out having done a very good job for most of his spell. Decent at Stranraer as well. Worth a look if they can him after today.

Mark Roberts might be back in the frame after today. If we look around and there’s not a standout candidate, he might be the man. Regardless of whether he does get it or not, I was pleased for him personally today. Seems a thoroughly decent chap.

Based on the refreshing style of play today along with intelligent substitutions at the correct time I would have no problem with Roberts getting the job. 

4 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Based on the refreshing style of play today along with intelligent substitutions at the correct time I would have no problem with Roberts getting the job. 

It’s tough to judge on one win. We were poor against Edinburgh and threw it away at Elgin as well. A lot to weigh up. If the committee deem him the best man for the job then I’m 100% behind him, of course.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:
On 05/10/2018 at 17:12, You Only Live Twice said:
Signing our dud ex-players and then trying to snare our ex-manager? Just admit it already, you just wish you were us.

Aim for the stars x

Long time since Clyde and stars could be put into the same sentence.

oh, I don't know- "f**king dippit Clyde c**ts" has a few stars in the same sentence! :lol:

Stevie Aitken must on a shoogly peg at Dumbarton. Seems to be fizzling out having done a very good job for most of his spell. Decent at Stranraer as well. Worth a look if they can him after today.
Mark Roberts might be back in the frame after today. If we look around and there’s not a standout candidate, he might be the man. Regardless of whether he does get it or not, I was pleased for him personally today. Seems a thoroughly decent chap.
I'm sure we could arrange to waive any compo if you want him right now.

FWIW we've won 9 league games since the start of last season (out of 45). 4 of those were against a Brechin side who went an entire league season without a win. Fizzling out is being kind, we've been god awful for a long time.

When are we going to appoint a new manager. Duffy will go to a higher division team. Roberts done himself no harm beating Clyde. Usually you hear something from someone. I just want a permanent head coach we can back going forward.

The loss of Gibby will be hard to replace we've got the lad McLaren who is now fully fit. Some other the other lads coming back to fitness as well as some of the young lads pushing gives us a competitive squad. 

The boy East looks a cracking player just needs time on the pitch I believe he could be the natural goalscorer we have been screaming out for. 

Yesterday's result lifted the doom and gloom we have had the past few weeks. 

Not surprisingly, there will be interviews for the job, so don't expect the puff of white smoke over Lesser too soon. Saturday's performance took away a bit of the urgency. We played well and Roberts, if he's interested, did himself no harm whatsoever.

7 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Not surprisingly, there will be interviews for the job, so don't expect the puff of white smoke over Lesser too soon. Saturday's performance took away a bit of the urgency. We played well and Roberts, if he's interested, did himself no harm whatsoever.

I'm greatly encouraged by our scoring opportunities but the lads really need to calm down and hit the seams of the net. I'd go as far to say Thursday night's session should just be about shooting, but up against defenders not plastic cones. I had a session with the great Kevin Keegan once and he taught me there's no point practising unless it's like it is in a game.

7 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Airdrie and Dumbarton have papped their managers. Duffy a cert for one of them, I’d think.

Despite Aitken’s poor recent record, I’d definitely say he’s worth a look. Dumbarton punched above their weight in the Championship for a good spell, just as we did when we went up to League One, and the eventual drop was inevitable. Decent job at Stranraer as well. 

21 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

It's an unbelievable coincidence that John Terry just announced his retirement and wants to pursue his career in coaching. 

He would be absolutely delighted that the SA encourages "players' girlfriends" to travel on the supporters' bus