The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

http://www.queensparkfc.co.uk/?p=9435

Looks like this lad East really does know where the goal is. He hasn't shown much in his substitutions for the first team but that just proves, again, what a massive leap it is from development to the first team. 

Credit where credit is due. Speirs never had the gusto for the play-offs but clearly he and his team have the right balance for developing young players. 

And I see our ladies team are doing well too. 6-0 last weekend. We can only dream....

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Our injury list is pretty ridiculous at the moment

I do tend to get a bit suspicious when a club sustains so many injuries so quickly into the season. There could be many reasons, including sheer bad luck. Could there be something not quite right in training or technique management? Are the lads fit enough to be asked to do what is expected of them? There will always be niggles here and there and players who are more injury prone than others. I remember Celtic having more than the normal injury problems and eventually they changed their training methods. I do not have the answers, nor is this meant to be a criticism but as has been said we do have a pretty ridiculous injury situation at the moment. For the guys in question I hope they clear up soon. I am particularly sad for Cammy.

Edited by williebraveheart

2 hours ago, spider1867 said:

We really need a new manager in pronto to stop this alarming drop of form. Board has a big decision on their hands.

Unfortunately they've got a few big decisions to get right at the moment. Like everyone else at the club, committe members have a day job too. And of course they can only choose from those who apply. Might be thin pickings given what else is going on around the place. 

Wouldn’t tick a lot of boxes. Totally unproven within Scottish football coaching/management and can’t imagine his knowledge/contacts within our shopping area is where it would need to be. Not sure we can afford to take a punt on that sort of appointment.

Experienced. Led Brechin and a not very good Clyde side to the playoffs, won the League One title with Morton and did a very good job in getting them to the playoffs in the Championship. Little over a year ago since he was named Manager of the season in the second tier. Knows the level and knows the market. Shrewd appointment on paper.