The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

Very relieved that our survival seems assured after yesterdays decision. As has been said Lesser can be made into a very decent wee stadium. On the Gus front, think this type of roll would suit him as he likes to be in charge! I guess the main worry for the saints supporters is that he stays away from the touchline-going by their comments on their website. (by the way, we are not a struggling team) Mind you he hasn't been appointed yet!

Let's face it, they can call the job technical director all they want, it's really just another name for chief scout
He has a talent for finding hidden gems at bargain basement prices but would that suit gus? I think not, he likes to be involved too much
QP should match the wages he's being offered and try and keep him

4 minutes ago, Joe coconuts said:

Let's face it, they can call the job technical director all they want, it's really just another name for chief scout
He has a talent for finding hidden gems at bargain basement prices but would that suit gus? I think not, he likes to be involved too much

Has he actually gone or is it still just speculation?

15 minutes ago, I Zingari said:

The journalist who wrote the Scotsman article is a regular attender at Queen's Park home games.

Are you suggesting he (she?)  has insider information, or is just making slightly more educated guesses than his colleagues in the Fourth Estate?

5 hours ago, Joe coconuts said:

I think Akela is the name for the chief scout. It was in my troop anyway. There's a scouting team, hard working from what I here, who help dig up the gems. Gus does the polishing.

5 hours ago, The man with no name said:

Has he actually gone or is it still just speculation?

I think reasoned speculation is the closest category. I'm impressed by Mark Roberts so far but whether he wants, or is ready, to take a team no-one knows. He did have a misfire at Ayr but that was a more demanding role. With everything else going on at the moment there will still be some who'll settle for ninth spot. Personally, I think this group of players are far better than that, potentially. 

Ian McCall is the speaker at the club dinner later this year so we might as well be completely ridiculous and mention him for a vacancy that doesn't actually exist.

32 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

He was at the Cowdenbeath game, guest in the Director's lounge. Just saying like :whistle

If Gus does go, there’s nobody I’d prefer more than Billy Stark. However, he took the Scottish 19s job relatively recently and it’s hard to see him stepping away from that.

4 hours ago, The Spider said:

Are you suggesting he (she?)  has insider information, or is just making slightly more educated guesses than his colleagues in the Fourth Estate?

I was simply trying to make the point that the journalist concerned has Queen's Park's best interests at heart.

1 hour ago, I Zingari said:

I was simply trying to make the point that the journalist concerned has Queen's Park's best interests at heart.

Don't doubt it for a minute, but if it comes down to it he'll put whatever slant his editor wants on it so it's still not necessarily going to be reflective of either his own beliefs or even the facts. If he's got a pal on committee who's feeding him snippets then great, but until it comes out of the horse's mouth on Wednesday it's all speculation, and whether it's the Scotsman, the Daily Mail or the Calcutta Times at this point in time I'll be treating them all with equal suspicion.

I think reasoned speculation is the closest category. I'm impressed by Mark Roberts so far but whether he wants, or is ready, to take a team no-one knows. He did have a misfire at Ayr but that was a more demanding role. With everything else going on at the moment there will still be some who'll settle for ninth spot. Personally, I think this group of players are far better than that, potentially. 
Ian McCall is the speaker at the club dinner later this year so we might as well be completely ridiculous and mention him for a vacancy that doesn't actually exist.

No sox, there was a hard work scouting team, st mirren now have a hard working scouting team, QP have an ex hard working scouting team

Hi lads, cheers for answering my inquiry about the one inch stripes earlier. I was working on an article about the QP shirt I got at a charity auction, and would have hated getting it wrong. Figure it might be of interest so do give it a read;

https://club25football.wordpress.com/2018/09/14/signed-queens-park-f-c-2013-1019-home-shirt/

20180715_141323.thumb.jpg.9c1aacaef6229fc1c767c574cf3401fe.jpg

52 minutes ago, DutchBorderer said:

Hi lads, cheers for answering my inquiry about the one inch stripes earlier. I was working on an article about the QP shirt I got at a charity auction, and would have hated getting it wrong. Figure it might be of interest so do give it a read;

https://club25football.wordpress.com/2018/09/14/signed-queens-park-f-c-2013-1019-home-shirt/

20180715_141323.thumb.jpg.9c1aacaef6229fc1c767c574cf3401fe.jpg

Good effort. A typo in the header but other than that a fair, and emotional, representation. Well played. :)