The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

3 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Primary tenants actually, per SPFL regulations, and in more than just name. Much like QP were before the SFA got sick of them.

You're only allowed in it because the others make up the rent. You'd be out on your ear and begging Shettleston to take you in again otherwise.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

You're only allowed in it because the others make up the rent. You'd be out on your ear and begging Shettleston to take you in again otherwise.

Sounds like we're quite the drain on them. Strange, then, that they'd be pushing the boat out to get us to stay as they have done over the last year or so.

7 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Sounds like we're quite the drain on them. Strange, then, that they'd be pushing the boat out to get us to stay as they have done over the last year or so.

They are accommodating you as they have now supplemented your underpayments with other tenants. Clyde's bluff was called when you threatened to move, then shat it. Because everyone saw through the various scams Shettleston, Glencairn, East Kilbride, unspecified new builds etc etc.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

They are accommodating you as they have now supplemented your underpayments with other tenants. Clyde's bluff was called when you threatened to move, then shat it. Because everyone saw through the various scams Shettleston, Glencairn, East Kilbride, unspecified new builds etc etc.

A few posts ago we were only allowed in because "others made up the rent". Which is it?

10 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

A few posts ago we were only allowed in because "others made up the rent". Which is it?

It is the same, Clyde can't afford the rent. They are nominal primary tenants for SPFL purposes only. They have been accommodated by NLL as the others now contribute.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

24 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It is the same, Clyde can't afford the rent. They are nominal primary tenants for SPFL purposes only. They have been accommodated by NLL as the others now contribute.

Seems like pretty backwards logic to me. They accommodate us now simply because others supplement their rental income? Surely if there are other significant sources of income then they are less dependent on Clyde and should therefore not be rolling out the red carpet to us?

7 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Seems like pretty backwards logic to me. They accommodate us now simply because others supplement their rental income? Surely if there are other significant sources of income then they are less dependent on Clyde and should therefore not be rolling out the red carpet to us?

They are less dependent. They learned not to depend on Clyde after years of late and non - payment of rent. The latest conman in charge seems to have persuaded NLL to let you stay on reduced terms (as long as other tenants are also in place).

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

They are less dependent. They learned not to depend on Clyde after years of late and non - payment of rent. The latest conman in charge seems to have persuaded NLL to let you stay on reduced terms (as long as other tenants are also in place).

Jesus, we sound like quite the naughty bunch. Really does make you wonder why, at their time of least dependency in almost 25 years with regards to Clyde, NLL are the most co-operative they've been since the early days of Broadwood. 

Very sad to see QP leaving Hampden after all these years and the way it's been gone about. Hopefully this £5M can let you build a good main stand - sort of Dumbarton or East Fife size? - and perhaps some terracing behind an end, which coupled with the existing open seating would make a decent wee park.

Must say I agree with you not being allowed to move OF ties to Hampden.

Thanks for trying to get us back on track Larry, but it's thoroughly entertaining seeing how many mackerel Sergeant Wilson has on his line right now, especially the_bully-wee who's taken the line and sinker too. Just needs The Clyde Man to fall for it and he'll have the full set, and all viewable from the comfort of a QP thread. Bloody marvellous!

Personally I am delighted with today's announcement. I advocated this 20 years ago when we had some bargaining power and could have walked away with more cash and no debt to hinder us. We have been well screwed by a disgusting SFA but really only have ourselves to blame for past naivety. Lesser can be converted into a smart ground with atmosphere. I think the lure of attracting lads to play at Hampden has been overstated. Time will tell.

17 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Must say I agree with you not being allowed to move OF ties to Hampden.

Agree with this tbf. Your home ties should be played at home with no financial gain for moving them. Lesser Hampden will be our ground, that’s where we should be playing cup games.

5 hours ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Pleased that Scotland are staying at Hampden. It’s the home of Scottish football and the right decision.

Am sure Lesser can become a right good stadium but concerned about the wider implications for QP.

This puts us on a path to semi-pro... . and that’s something we can’t take lightly. And hasn’t been discussed with members yet.

Best of a bad situation. But the implication is that we’ve won a watch when chances are we’ve just been forced to betray our core principle.

3 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

To be fair, we've only had 18 years to come up with a plan.

My thoughts too, best of a bad situation but  our amateur status has surely been at stake for some time. We lose the lure of playing at Hampden, and I wonder how much losing our elite status for development influences how we will fare.

33 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

My thoughts too, best of a bad situation but  our amateur status has surely been at stake for some time. We lose the lure of playing at Hampden, and I wonder how much losing our elite status for development influences how we will fare.

Haughey was talking about investing in grassroots on the news. Wouldn’t be the worst guy to maintain a close relationship with.