The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

6 minutes ago, Enigma said:

What will this mean for Queen’s? Playing at Lesser in the future?

In an ideal world we will have negotiated the following:

1.  sufficient funds to have an upgraded Lesser Hampden fit for League football with sufficient funds leftover to safeguard our future
  2.  free use of adjacent parking
  3.  agreement to continue to use Hampden whilst upgrade in progress
  4.  an agreed equitable rate to use Hampden if we draw a big home cup tie where Lesser's capacity would be insufficient

but I'm sure we'll have had to compromise on some of that wish list.

I hope the club don’t go ahead and just build a one stand effort. The fans deserve an input into what the ground will be like, given that we’ll be the ones using it every second week in the decades to come. 

Something similar to Galabank, except cover at both ends is the sort of thing I’d hope we’d look at. Gives folk an option of standing and atmosphere can be generated under covered terrace.

11 minutes ago, The Spider said:

In an ideal world we will have negotiated the following:

1.  sufficient funds to have an upgraded Lesser Hampden fit for League football with sufficient funds leftover to safeguard our future
  2.  free use of adjacent parking
  3.  agreement to continue to use Hampden whilst upgrade in progress
  4.  an agreed equitable rate to use Hampden if we draw a big home cup tie where Lesser's capacity would be insufficient

but I'm sure we'll have had to compromise on some of that wish list.

I don't think there will be any development at Hampden before Euro 2020, so that hopefully shouldn't be an issue.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I don't think there will be any development at Hampden before Euro 2020, so that hopefully shouldn't be an issue.

take your point, but it was the Lesser Hampden upgrade in point 1 I was referring to (i.e. that if LH is still being upgraded and Hampden is available that we won't need to use a neutral venue for the sake of a few games)

6 minutes ago, AuAl said:

What's the capacity of lesser Hampden?

Don't know if it has one as such at the moment as it's not up to League standards. Once developed it depends on what they want to do as there's presently no space behind one goal, and a five a side pitch behind the other, with the pavilion running alongside a good portion of one touchline. Unless some significant "re-bordering" takes place, I'd be surprised if you ended up with anything more than 2,000 on its present footprint once it's upgraded.

15 minutes ago, an86 said:

I hope the club don’t go ahead and just build a one stand effort. The fans deserve an input into what the ground will be like, given that we’ll be the ones using it every second week in the decades to come. 

Something similar to Galabank, except cover at both ends is the sort of thing I’d hope we’d look at. Gives folk an option of standing and atmosphere can be generated under covered terrace.

100% agree. Great opportunity to build in some residual income business units under the stands also.

Don't know if it has one as such at the moment as it's not up to League standards. Once developed it depends on what they want to do as there's presently no space behind one goal, and a five a side pitch behind the other, with the pavilion running alongside a good portion of one touchline. Unless some significant "re-bordering" takes place, I'd be surprised if you ended up with anything more than 2,000 on its present footprint once it's upgraded.
Hopefully they do a good job and make it work. Whatever the crowds and capacity may end up being, Queen's Park is a great club. You guys deserve a proper football ground to play in.

1 minute ago, AuAl said:
5 minutes ago, The Spider said:

Hopefully they do a good job and make it work. Whatever the crowds and capacity may end up being, Queen's Park is a great club. You guys deserve a proper football ground to play in.

Cheers bud. And we'll need a temporary stand half way along Somerville Drive so the Clyde fans can moan about the view.

Club statement on the SFA's decision to remain at Hampden

"Queen’s Park welcomes the Scottish FA’s announcement today, whilst acknowledging there are still many complexities to be worked out with various stakeholders. This will undoubtably have huge implications for our club and our first priority is to engage with the club membership which due to confidentiality clauses we have been unable to do thus far."

5 minutes ago, qpsnapper said:

Club statement on the SFA's decision to remain at Hampden

"Queen’s Park welcomes the Scottish FA’s announcement today, whilst acknowledging there are still many complexities to be worked out with various stakeholders. This will undoubtably have huge implications for our club and our first priority is to engage with the club membership which due to confidentiality clauses we have been unable to do thus far."

Expect a few member applications pouring in.