The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

That was a superb second half performance last night. All credit to them. Don't like the look of Hawke's injury, nasty one. Surely Gibby will retire from penalty kicks? Loved the pundit's comment at the end when he lamented that the champions of Wales had just been beaten by an amateur side from Glasgow. That was Queens Park, my man!

4 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Any truth in the story that the team drove there and back to Wales without a stay over ?

Seems a bit mean when the SFA give each Club 5k for trips outside Scotland in this competition.

Worked out ok tbf.

Any truth in the story that the team drove there and back to Wales without a stay over ?
Seems a bit mean when the SFA give each Club 5k for trips outside Scotland in this competition.
According to the post match interviews, some of our lads had work to go to this morning, so that may have ruled out an overnight stay.
Fantastic performance in the 2nd half, hopefully we can perform at that level a bit more often in the league. If we can, we could give ourselves a real good chance of promotion. Or maybe a decent cup run.
Sadly i couldn't make the trip down to the game, but seeing the scenes behind the goal at the end on TV has left me wishing I had negotiated harder.

That might be the case, however the Dunfermline Chairman was on the radio over the weekend complaining that the game against Boreham Wood cost the club 3k more than they had off the SFA.

17 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

That might be the case, however the Dunfermline Chairman was on the radio over the weekend complaining that the game against Boreham Wood cost the club 3k more than they had off the SFA.

Didn't the Sutton manager say it cost 10k alone (I think they flew up though) just for their game at airdrie, its ludicrous asking part time players to make journeys like these especially if its costing more than you receive as recompense. 

Edited by Only one David Marsh