The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

On 8/29/2018 at 17:58, Hampden Diehard said:

Every club has people who are never happy with the manager no matter how well he does. We are no different.

The reaction to the Annan game bordered on hysteria. Crackers.

Was that from the fans who saw the whole game including all 3 Annan goals and that last 20 minutes? ;)

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

We have signed Aidan Keena on loan. Wondering what kind of player we're getting chaps.

When I read the sentence, I read it as if a QP fan were writing it! Disappointing second sentence.

He’s an excellent finisher and a good footballer. Was brilliant for us in a guff team. Will only improve with better players alongside him and I’ve absolutely no doubt that he’ll make it at full-time level. Good luck to him.

47 minutes ago, an86 said:

When I read the sentence, I read it as if a QP fan were writing it! Disappointing second sentence.

He’s an excellent finisher and a good footballer. Was brilliant for us in a guff team. Will only improve with better players alongside him and I’ve absolutely no doubt that he’ll make it at full-time level. Good luck to him.

FFS so did I!

Dunfermline have signed Aidan Keena on loan. Wondering what kind of player we're getting chaps.
Made a big difference to our team, but I can see him as a capable Championship striker. Good pace and movement, confident and aggressive running with the ball and wants to have a go from anywhere.

18 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Dunfermline have signed Aidan Keena on loan. Wondering what kind of player we're getting chaps.

He's very good! Give him the ball 30 yards out and he'll invariably loop it into the back of the net. Good low centre of gravity too and strong. Not the paciest but he will definitely make a name for himself in the Scottish Premiership one day. Great loan signing by youse lot.

Edited by Shugs

In one of this morning’s right wing rags that Willie Haughey is looking to bridge the difference between where the SFA and Queen’s Park are. Welcome to the City Building Lesser Hampden Arena. I, for one, would be happy with that. We’re in no position not to be.

Nice gesture from Haughey, although others more cynical than I might regard it as an "investment" rather than a donation given that his firm would most likely be heavily involved in any future development of Hampden (let alone bringing Lesser up to spfl standards), so it's a clever up-front way to "cement" the relationship now that the days of winning contracts with brown envelopes stuffed with cash are long gone.

Nice gesture from Haughey, although others more cynical than I might regard it as an "investment" rather than a donation given that his firm would most likely be heavily involved in any future development of Hampden (let alone bringing Lesser up to spfl standards), so it's a clever up-front way to "cement" the relationship now that the days of winning contracts with brown envelopes stuffed with cash are long gone.

Who would’ve thought a QP fan would mention brown envelopes. [emoji23]

This might be of some interest to the good brothers: I was lucky enough to appear on a Scottish FA podcast alongside Andy Robertson yesterday and I got to ask him about his time at Queen's Park, playing alongside David Anderson and if the team should have won promotion in 2012/13.

Certainly worth your time - CLICK.