The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

33 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Ross Millen, any good guys?

He's off to La Manga with Killie this afternoon for a weeks training.....

Screenshot_20180702-133644_Twitter.jpg

Nowhere near Premiership level. Nowhere near Championship level, actually. A good lower league player on his day, which wasn’t too often last season. Still, good luck to him and whoever his magician of an agent is. No problem seeing anyone moving onto bigger things.

Edited by an86

Nowhere near Premiership level. Nowhere near Championship level, actually. A good lower league player on his day, which wasn’t too often last season. Still, good luck to him and whoever his magician of an agent is. No problem seeing anyone moving onto bigger things.
Two years ago, he was terrific and one of the reasons for our excellent season. Last year, he struggled after injury. He's a really nice lad and I hope it works out for him, but moving up so far after what wasn't a good year seems like a poor move. Still, who wouldn't jump at the chance of full time football. As I say, I hope it works out for him.

Even if it doesn't work out for him, I'd imagine you guys would benefit, spending time training under Stevie Clarke & Alex Dyer while challenging himself against higher calibre players can only be a plus for the lad......

6 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Delighted to hear that Gibby has signed. Heart of a lion!

Possibly one of the most under appreciated players of recent times. A real shame that he’s suffered so much with injury. Hopefully he gets a crack at a full season in the team. 

Thought Big Gerry looked like he could do a job as well. Neither player is Paolo Maldini, but they seem to know where they need to be for the most part and will throw themselves in front of anything. 

3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:
4 hours ago, an86 said:

Two years ago, he was terrific and one of the reasons for our excellent season. Last year, he struggled after injury. He's a really nice lad and I hope it works out for him, but moving up so far after what wasn't a good year seems like a poor move. Still, who wouldn't jump at the chance of full time football. As I say, I hope it works out for him.

I too hope this move is the right one for him. He is currently  not remotely close to being a Premiereship player. I was hoping he could cut the mustard in League 2 this season.

Presumably 2 of the 5 that have signed that can't be named yet.

Queen’s Park’s boss Gus MacPherson has raided Kilbirnie for defender Dom McLaren and striker Kurtis Roberts.

McLaren and Roberts were scouted by the Spiders and have now signed contracts at Hampden Park for next season.

MacPherson, who has also persuaded longserving defender Scott Gibson to remain, said: “Both Dom and Kurtis have the chance to make it at a senior level. “I am looking forward to seeing them in action.”

Daily Record, 2 Jul 2018

5 hours ago, an86 said:

And what would you know about what players are premier level ya dumb daftie!

Some players are more adept to playing in different leagues where there is more time on the ball and players aren't hoofing it everywhere and the pace is much more different. Ross is wasted in the lower leagues.

But I guess the scouts at Killie aren't as qualified at judging young players as you are though it seems. They should have asked you before they signed him.

Edited by Shugs

6 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Ross Millen, any good guys?

He's off to La Manga with Killie this afternoon for a weeks training.....

Screenshot_20180702-133644_Twitter.jpg

Ross is a good player, can play all across the back and is a model professional who is still young enough for a shot at a higher level and with better coaching I think he can make it. The only thing that he needs to learn is better positional sense but as QP played a variety of formations over the past 2 years he was constantly having to adapt to his circumstances.

Not the best penalty taker though...

2 hours ago, an86 said:

Possibly one of the most under appreciated players of recent times. A real shame that he’s suffered so much with injury. Hopefully he gets a crack at a full season in the team. 

Thought Big Gerry looked like he could do a job as well. Neither player is Paolo Maldini, but they seem to know where they need to be for the most part and will throw themselves in front of anything. 

Aye, Gibson really made use of his blistering pace and his towering height to great effect last season, especially in the Stenny match.

Honestly, sometimes I think you watch different matches to the rest of us.

1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

I too hope this move is the right one for him. He is currently  not remotely close to being a Premiereship player. I was hoping he could cut the mustard in League 2 this season.

We had a lot of players after 8 games of last season who didn't look remotely like Premiership players until SC & AD arrived.

If he did join us he would be back up to Stephen O'Donnell a position Clarke highlighted he would need to address. 

There must be something the gaffer sees in him......

14 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

We had a lot of players after 8 games of last season who didn't look remotely like Premiership players until SC & AD arrived.

If he did join us he would be back up to Stephen O'Donnell a position Clarke highlighted he would need to address. 

There must be something the gaffer sees in him......

I think some of our guys judgement may have been clouded a bit by his ' Panenka' chip penalty v Airdrie, at a time when we really needed the points. Always came across to me that he was doing us a favour by playing for us but good luck to him-there is a player in there somewhere.

Lost 1-5 to what I'm told was a full-strength Livi side. Drubbed 4-0 in the first half and were down by another at the start of the second. Came into it and competed well for the last third of the game.

Adam Martin scored late on but the ref ended it before we could pull another couple back.

Encouraging display in the second half. Certainly plenty of bite. Lots of trialists; we'll see who actually signs.

5 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Lost 1-5 to what I'm told was a full-strength Livi side. Drubbed 4-0 in the first half and were down by another at the start of the second. Came into it and competed well for the last third of the game.

Adam Martin scored late on but the ref ended it before we could pull another couple back.

Encouraging display in the second half. Certainly plenty of bite. Lots of trialists; we'll see who actually signs.

Any idea what the line up was for us?

14 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Miller get a kick for them? Any other opposition lined up for Thursday?