The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

Saw Wharton playing for Pollok towards the end of the season against Auchinleck and wasn't impressed. I felt he'd gone backwards. Paul Gallagher on the other hand. What a better player he's turned into. Would have him back in a flash.

11 hours ago, an86 said:

Rape apologists and defenders of racism.

I'm no fan of Clyde but i have to commend them on sticking by Goodwillie. He was only found guilty by a judge in a CIVIL court case and that generally means sweet FA in the whole scheme of things. 

And we all know what happened to Ched Evans after he was thrown to the wolves after some mad skank accused him of rape. His career was pretty much finished despite the woman involved turning out to be a complete liar.

Until Goodwillie is found guilty by a jury in a criminal court then he's NOT a rapist.

Seen quite a bit of Pollok and agree about Wharton but disagree about Gallagher...he is robust and apart from his heading which has defo improved his all round game has gone backwards due to lack of technical ability needed in the Junior game.

Believe it or not Paul started out as a winger before moving back to full back and now centre back due to his stature.

He has too much ability IMO to be used as a battering ram...such a waste.

6 minutes ago, Shugs said:

I'm no fan of Clyde but i have to commend them on sticking by Goodwillie. He was only found guilty by a judge in a CIVIL court case and that generally means sweet FA in the whole scheme of things. 

And we all know what happened to Ched Evans after he was thrown to the wolves after some mad skank accused him of rape. His career was pretty much finished despite the woman involved turning out to be a complete liar.

Until Goodwillie is found guilty by a jury in a criminal court then he's NOT a rapist.

A court found him guilty of rape. He’s a rapist.

In terms of the Ched Evans case, insufficient evidence doesn’t mean someone isn’t guilty. Rape is also one of the most difficult offences to convict due to the lack of witnesses. People also don’t come forward because they’re scared of how they’ll be portrayed and don’t wish to endure what they would perceive as further humiliation. “Some mad skank” is cracking misogynist language as well. You’ve proven yourself to be a complete walloper and I’m not prepared to get into a protracted debate with a mouth breathing simpleton who seems to garner their opinions from The Sun or The Daily Mail. 

PS, for further clarity- David Goodwillie is a rapist. 

1 hour ago, an86 said:

A court found him guilty of rape. He’s a rapist.

In terms of the Ched Evans case, insufficient evidence doesn’t mean someone isn’t guilty. Rape is also one of the most difficult offences to convict due to the lack of witnesses. People also don’t come forward because they’re scared of how they’ll be portrayed and don’t wish to endure what they would perceive as further humiliation. “Some mad skank” is cracking misogynist language as well. You’ve proven yourself to be a complete walloper and I’m not prepared to get into a protracted debate with a mouth breathing simpleton who seems to garner their opinions from The Sun or The Daily Mail. 

PS, for further clarity- David Goodwillie is a rapist. 

Says the Guardian reading cuck.

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 21:57, Bring Your Own Socks said:

the attack let us down every game until Keena arrived.

Yet before Keena arrived you were raving about Mortimer's performance, even saying he was our best striker since Jamie Longworth - which was of course a ridiculous statement, especially for a striker who has never scored.   Or have I just imagined you saying that?  

46 minutes ago, Shugs said:

Any thoughts on splitting League 1 and 2 into North and South?

I don't exactly relish Elgin away on February 2nd.

No thoughts about it at all

I am relishing Elgin Away on February 2nd

2 hours ago, Shugs said:

What a fuckin abomination of a post.

40 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

What a fuckin abomination of a post.

Glad you liked it.

Am just going through my Twitter posts today and I notice that the boxer Tony Bellew is also saying that the mad skank who falsely accused Ched Evans should be imprisoned.

Seems I'm not the only one saying it.

Edited by Shugs
Spelling mistake

1 minute ago, Shugs said:

Glad you liked it.

Am just going through my Twitter posts today and I notice that the boxer Toby Bellew is also saying that the mad skank who falsely accused Ched Evans should be imprisoned.

Seems I'm not the only one saying it.

Either a Clyde multi account or the thickest Queen’s Park fan who has existed in the 150 year history of the club. 

1 minute ago, an86 said:

Either a Clyde multi account or the thickest Queen’s Park fan who has existed in the 150 year history of the club. 

And why would that be?

Ched Evans was cleared by a court of law.

Have you heard any different like?

1 minute ago, Shugs said:

And why would that be?

Ched Evans was cleared by a court of law.

Have you heard any different like?

You can have a discussion about it on your own team’s thread. Think one page is quite enough for discussing opposition rapists.

5 minutes ago, an86 said:

You can have a discussion about it on your own team’s thread. Think one page is quite enough for discussing opposition rapists.

Then why bring it up?

Look, i know you would like it to be just you and mick chatting alone together in this thread about how gus is the Scottish guardiola but believe it or not there are more than two QP fans ;)

Edited by Shugs
Spelling mistake

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

Yet before Keena arrived you were raving about Mortimer's performance, even saying he was our best striker since Jamie Longworth - which was of course a ridiculous statement, especially for a striker who has never scored.   Or have I just imagined you saying that?  

Why so hard on Mortimer?

He's just a young lad who gave 100% in every game he was involved in.

(Which is more than could be said of players like fotheringham)

It's no wonder young players are quick to move on and leave Queens.

43 minutes ago, Shugs said:

Why so hard on Mortimer?

He's just a young lad who gave 100% in every game he was involved in.

(Which is more than could be said of players like fotheringham)

It's no wonder young players are quick to move on and leave Queens.

Mortimer has scored 0 goals in the 3 years he's been in the first team. Yes, he had a decent spell during the season but ultimately his job is to hit the ball in the net which he has failed to do. Hopefully he develops a scoring touch next season if given the opportunity. 

15 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Mortimer has scored 0 goals in the 3 years he's been in the first team. Yes, he had a decent spell during the season but ultimately his job is to hit the ball in the net which he has failed to do. Hopefully he develops a scoring touch next season if given the opportunity. 

To be fair he did have a few good efforts which went agonisingly close but there's something in the lad which tells me that if he gets that first goal he could really be something (certainly at this level)

But the question is 'if'...