The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

Hearing you have signed Adam Martin, winger, ex-Alloa and who was with us on loan last season.

Didn't get much of a look-in for us after Lennon signed a few players in January after signing Martin on loan. , but he is tricky and has a lot of pace. 

Guaranteed to have 4 blinders against us next season !

6 hours ago, DeanMck said:

Hearing Gus is trying to talk wee fergie into giving up his short stint in the juniors to sign for you guys. Actually hope it works out and he does well for you !

Who is wee Fergie?

Hearing you have signed Adam Martin, winger, ex-Alloa and who was with us on loan last season.
Didn't get much of a look-in for us after Lennon signed a few players in January after signing Martin on loan. , but he is tricky and has a lot of pace. 
Guaranteed to have 4 blinders against us next season !

Adam has a wee bit of skill in him and a tricky winner. Looked good for us when our options were very limited at the start of the season, and of course scored a belter of a winner against yourselves. Wasn’t surprised when he was shipped out on loan but was surprised to see him not doing a lot there. Definitely needs to bulk up for senior leagues, maybe that was it.

8 hours ago, DeanMck said:

Hearing Gus is trying to talk wee fergie into giving up his short stint in the juniors to sign for you guys. Actually hope it works out and he does well for you !

Can't see anything but a QP signing here. Who are the Juniors?

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Who is wee Fergie?

This is either a geniusly subtle post Annie (see above) which David Marsh failed to pick up on, or displays a poor lack of knowledge on your part (don't bother to say which as I've already made my mind up!)

1 hour ago, Only one David Marsh said:

Scott ferguson, was great in his first season then dipped off for the last 3 although he did get 2 nasty cruciate injuries plus he liked a drink the night before games too. 

He certainly had the potential to play at a higher level. 

Yeah, totally agree with that. I remember the game at Hampden four years ago when Clyde won 3-1 and he ripped us a new one that day and was simply unstoppable in the first half. Quite possibly the most promising player to come through Clyde's ranks in the last 10 years (reminded me of a young Templeton at Stenny), and as you say the combination of injuries and attitude stopped him from having a similar career path.

Provided he's over the injuries and has finally grown up he could use next season (with whomever he signs for) as a stepping stone to full time football, but he's a player who looked as if he needed a lot of nurturing if his confidence dipped and I'm far from convinced that he's mature enough yet to be handle Gus's occasional tirades which work for some players but not the sensitive ones.

2 hours ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Adam Martin looked a decent player to be fair, I personally would have gave him more game time

Scored a belter against us last season. We’ll see what happens, though. Not expecting to hear much official until July.

6 hours ago, jinky said:

Seen Cumbernauld Colts have preseason friendly v QP...any other known games as like to attend especially if against other LL or Junior teams?

We were due to play Dumbarton at Lesser. Suspect that might be off given the League Cup draw.

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Think Gus is going to need all the game time he can get. We'll have more young men on trial than the Sheriff Court.

Agree, but expect it’ll be easy enough to find other opposition. I see that a few others in similar situations have cancelled.

On 6/6/2018 at 12:53, an86 said:

Scored a belter against us last season. We’ll see what happens, though. Not expecting to hear much official until July.

I'm not sure if it's 100% complete, but I'd be very surprised if Adam wasn't a QP player for the friendly in early July.

3 hours ago, houstonspider said:

Have heard from a reliable source that the Dumbarton friendly will go ahead.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

It will, aye.

I've told you before BYOS about using my photo without permission, and particularly the one of me stroking my pussy!

You can either have a cease and desist letter followed by a claim for breach of image rights from my solicitor, or a knock at your door in the early hours of the morning from a couple of my acquaintances who said the visit would only cost me half what my Tom Sawyer charges - your choice.

Edited by The Spider

11 hours ago, The Spider said:

I've told you before BYOS about using my photo without permission, and particularly the one of me stroking my pussy!

You can either have a cease and desist letter followed by a claim for breach of image rights from my solicitor, or a knock at your door in the early hours of the morning from a couple of my acquaintances who said the visit would only cost me half what my Tom Sawyer charges - your choice.

Image result for spock gif

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks