The Queen's Park 2018-19 Thread

...then it would be the biggest come-back since Lazarus.

Lazarus had no part in being brought back from the dead. He was a willing participant but, being dead, some other being performed the holy miracle. It’s a matter of record that Lazarus wasn’t responsible for his own death either, nor the subsequent choice of tomb.

Even the most loyal of his disciples must accept that Saint Angus has had some part to play in the current exodus.

12 hours ago, The Spider said:

I doubt there will be many who will agree with me, but in my view anything better than 8th place next year would represent a decent "base-camp" first season back in this league.

We should be looking to build a competitive squad, which sees us comfortably clear of the trap door. However, the sound of knives being gleefully sharpened will be deafening if there’s no promotion push. As I’ve said before, next season is a win-win for those who even spent a successful period of promotion and staying up sniping at the manager.

10 hours ago, The Spider said:

Cheers Waspie. I think he'll be either be a big hit or a big miss for you and in 12 months time he'll either be a free or your player of the year. Hoping for his sake it's the latter.

Here's a wee taste of what you can look forward to .

Oooft, what a strike. Even better was the QP players kicking the ball away as the Clyde players went to get it back!!!

5 hours ago, an86 said:

We should be looking to build a competitive squad, which sees us comfortably clear of the trap door. However, the sound of knives being gleefully sharpened will be deafening if there’s no promotion push. As I’ve said before, next season is a win-win for those who even spent a successful period of promotion and staying up sniping at the manager.

My aspirations are much lower at the moment. A starting eleven seems unlikely never mind promotion.  

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

My aspirations are much lower at the moment. A starting eleven seems unlikely never mind promotion.  

for once sir (and perhaps worringly :unsure:) we are of like minds on this one

9 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Wanted St Mirren and Spartans away...feck

Ach, we’ll get to Ainslie Park twice anyway. Not a great group for aways. Killie is something different and we’ve no played at Dumbarton for over a decade.

On a different topic, does anyone know what the pricing is going to be for next season. My hope is that it’ll drop to previous League Two levels. £14 was too much for League One, never mind League Two.

Clyde fan here !!

What happened (or is he still with QP) the wee ginger lad who played against us in the play-off two seasons ago (played midfield IIRC) best player on the park in both games, thought he could / should've been playing at a higher level ??

16 minutes ago, ewan_fife said:

What happened to the lad mckernon? Thought he was a cracking player

Just left Glenafton, rumours of him returning though. Was hugely missed last year 

Edited by qpfc

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

Just left Glenafton, rumours of him returning though. Was hugely missed last year 

Announced his partner is expecting. Would think he’ll be after a few extra quid, which would rule us out.

6 hours ago, Come Away The Clyde said:

Clyde fan here !!

What happened (or is he still with QP) the wee ginger lad who played against us in the play-off two seasons ago (played midfield IIRC) best player on the park in both games, thought he could / should've been playing at a higher level ??

5 hours ago, David W said:

Went to Motherwell I think.

Assuming that you'rte talking about our no. 8 in both those games CATC, then David W is spot on that he (Liam Brown) did go to Motherwell, where as far as I can see he's made 1 Premier League subs appearance for them (for17 mins) during the last two seasons, so hardly living up to his potential yet although he's still only 19 so who knows.

1 hour ago, The Spider said:

Assuming that you'rte talking about our no. 8 in both those games CATC, then David W is spot on that he (Liam Brown) did go to Motherwell, where as far as I can see he's made 1 Premier League subs appearance for them (for17 mins) during the last two seasons, so hardly living up to his potential yet although he's still only 19 so who knows.

Made his debut right at the fag end of last season. The ability isn’t in question. If he dedicates himself and screws the nut he’ll make it as a pro. If he doesnt, we’ll see him kicking about in the lower leagues.