Chris Templeman retires.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, surely not! said:

Mind a time when (believe it or not) he was a box to box midfielder in the Dunfermline youth ranks

If my memory's right, I'm sure he played a couple of games at centre half for East Fife during a bit of an injury crisis and was excellent.

If my memory's right, I'm sure he played a couple of games at centre half for East Fife during a bit of an injury crisis and was excellent.

I remember him playing centre half against Queens Park at Hampden and he was excellent. He didn’t really set the Methil heather alight when he was with us but as has been said probably the best lower league striker of a generation. He couldn’t run but was very confident and skilful for such a big guy.

Still have nightmares over the beasting he dished out to us (and Gordon Greer in particular) in a Scottish Cup doing at Cappielow about 12 years ago.

To think that Clown Bollan didna rate him.
Bollan stated that it was Sannie's last season playing.
Near 2 and a half campaigns later would suggest Bollan is a fud.
Sanny is right up there with my favourite Loons.

5 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Bollan stated that it was Sannie's last season playing.
Near 2 and a half campaigns later would suggest Bollan is a fud.
Sanny is right up there with my favourite Loons.

Would agree with all of that. Sanny was great for us, king of the step overs if there was one guy you wanted to hold a ball up he was it. That Bollan didn't rate him said all that need to be said about that idiot.

A true lower leagues legend. Scored a barrow load for Brechin and consequently was name checked frequently on Soccer Saturday. My pal was away on holiday and got talking to a guy from somewhere down in England and talk got on to what team he supported. “Raith Rovers? Do you know Chris Templeman? Have you seen him play? What’s he like?”. Always made me chuckle that guys across the country were aware and curious about players like Templeman, especially when we’re fed a diet of Premier League football.

My abiding memory is of him scoring against us up at Glebe Park back in 2003 to delay our title dreams on what was my first away day!

First saw him banging in a free kick for Pars u15s in a Norrie McCathie memorial tournament at Pitreavie. He was a monster (a very gangly one) compared to all the other players. The fucker had a terrible habit of scoring for Forfar against us too. Perfect way for him to bow out, doing the biz for his old Pars teammate Petrie. Soccer Saturday won't be the same without his name scrolling up all the time. 

On 5/7/2018 at 22:53, Neilly said:

Arguably the best lower league striker in my life time. Always a nuisance.

RIP Sanny.

He's retired, not dead! 

I never knew he was a janny, that's

made me proper smile!

He seemed to resign himself (and was permitted) to do less running in the last season. Provided he stayed onside, he seemed to have more energy for more skillful stuff! I think he got better and better, but i love seeing those videos of him at his "peak"

5 minutes ago, clyde4ever said:

Thank feck he's retired.

That means he won't score against us again next season.

Oh, wait a minute :whistle.

We'll probably end up playing you lot in a cup competition - wouldn't seem right if we didn't have to visit Broadwood for a full year at least. But, rest assured that if we do then if big Sanny is there he'll be sitting in the stand with us fans. Good luck next season.

My twin daughters were about 8 or 9 years old when Sanny and Roddy Grant were our formidable striking partnership. They had shirts with Grant and Templeman on the backs.  The girls are 23 now  and still hark back to those good old days . 

All the best Sanny .  Enjoy your retirement. 

I shall long remember Sanny's injury time goal for us at Hamilton in the last game of the season that gave us back to back promotions and entry into the First Division. Some boie.

18 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I shall long remember Sanny's injury time goal for us at Hamilton in the last game of the season that gave us back to back promotions and entry into the First Division. Some boie.

Aye, yer no the only one given events in the other "meaningful" fixture that day!!

Archived