Creating an atmosphere in the league 2

8 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

It's brilliant to see the Stenny yung team at matches. For the last couple of seasons there has seemed to be a real drop off in young supporters at the ground - the death of the free under-16 season ticket was probably a major factor - and I was worried we were struggling to attract them back to Ochilview, so it's smashing to see them come along and get behind the team. There was a brilliant moment in last week's home match with Queen's Park when Jimmy Scott scored and the yung team charged to the other side of the goal to celebrate with the players.

The club, particularly Jamie Swinney, deserve a lot of credit too for their efforts to engage with young fans. We seem to have a better presence on Twitter (although the live minute-by-minute tweets need a heck of a lot of work) and "CEMSFC"'s media work is ever improving (although a more stringent line of questioning rather than "what's your thoughts?" would be welcomed). Long may it continue.

match updates will be improving over time still getting used to it 

cant beat the famous line of "so brown whats your thoughts " classic 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, The Spider said:

Football fans can be a forgiving bunch. Time for the QP Trumpet to make a comeback? Too soon?

I'm sure you boys had a trombone at Gayfield 20 years ago- the Arbroath keeper was serenaded whenever he took a goal kick. 

100 pished Meadowbank arseholes fans used to make a good atmosphere. The only time they ever resorted to instruments was when two guys turned up to Forfar with duck calls for some reason. 

Personally I think you should involve the grumpy auld yins by introducing the comb and paper at matches... 

On 07/05/2018 at 16:38, The Spider said:

Football fans can be a forgiving bunch. Time for the QP Trumpet to make a comeback? Too soon?

There's more than enough trumpets in the QP support as it is. 

I saw the video of the young Stenny fans at Hampden on Twitter, and whilst you can't curb their enthusiasm, I don't think a small group of screeching 10 year olds is conducive to a good atmosphere. 

For me, a good atmosphere is down to a bigger crowd, a vocal crowd and ideally located in the one section  of the ground. My favourite grounds to visit in this division for atmosphere are Forthbank and Ochilview. The proximity to the majority of our supporters means we always take a larger than normal away support, and we're always housed in a separate stand/terrace from the home support. A vocal support is considerably better than drums. Having everybody spread out across the stadium like Edinburgh, Peterhead, Berwick etc kills any atmosphere - and we're obviously going to take smaller numbers to these places too. 

Thinking back to our Scottish Cup last 16 game at Ayr a few years back and the atmosphere was superb. 400 odd Clyde supporters crammed into a small section of a proper ramshackle of  a ground. That amount inside Broadwood or Hampden however is shite. 

Guest TOPFITTER

Those who support drums et al should stand next to said “entertainment “ to provide a human shield for who would rather not have to be bothered with it [emoji6]
If it happens a every ground this “entertainment” I will save my weekly football spend and my wife and I will enjoy a bloody good holiday[emoji460]️
[emoji563][emoji905][emoji562][emoji925]

I applaud anyone who makes a bit of noise at our level. The Stenny youngsters, squeaky though they were, concentrated on supporting their team rather than playing at being bobby big baws and shouting abuse.

Drums irritate the feck out of me but they were far enough away for it to be bearable. It's great for kids to be enthusiastic about their local team. We had a crowd of them a few years ago but heavy handed stewarding eventually wore them down and they disappeared.

Localized efforts by individual clubs are nice, but it'd be interesting for the SFA got involved for some league-wide initiatives. What with economies of scale, why not order a load of plastic inflatables for the wee nippers and bored adults to clap together for some extra noise? I've seen it in Singapore myself, it's actually quite effective. These things could be either league-branded or have the colours and crest of the club they are distributed to. Decent lil' collectible as well if you don't order from the cheapest Chinese sweatshop you can find.

Never mind the 90's-cool bloke here but this is the general idea;

5af22233bdb76_2-pieces-set-Cheering-Stick-Inflatable-LaLa-Baton-Outdoor-Sports-Props-Party-Supplies-Environmental-PVC.jpg_640x6401.jpg.a02f8d19e783eb3c77b28033d5118ad6.jpg

On 5/7/2018 at 12:41, Francesc Fabregas said:

It's brilliant to see the Stenny yung team at matches. For the last couple of seasons there has seemed to be a real drop off in young supporters at the ground - the death of the free under-16 season ticket was probably a major factor - and I was worried we were struggling to attract them back to Ochilview, so it's smashing to see them come along and get behind the team. There was a brilliant moment in last week's home match with Queen's Park when Jimmy Scott scored and the yung team charged to the other side of the goal to celebrate with the players.

The club, particularly Jamie Swinney, deserve a lot of credit too for their efforts to engage with young fans. We seem to have a better presence on Twitter (although the live minute-by-minute tweets need a heck of a lot of work) and "CEMSFC"'s media work is ever improving (although a more stringent line of questioning rather than "what's your thoughts?" would be welcomed). Long may it continue.

The free season ticket at stenny never died, it's still there yet. There is a cheper under 18 offer to. cannae fault them for trying. http://www.stenhousemuirfc.com/club/admission/

Guest Landan Spiv

We had the ultras at Edinburgh city who got banned. Too be fair they didn't help their own cause at times 

Only 1 club in this league has constantly made an atmosphere in this division since rangers and that’s Clyde.. real passionate fans that should not be anywhere near this tier.. imagine we were actually in a higher league for the 9 years we have wasted here, would be double it is now.. from the first season in this league our crowds have more than halved as well

Only 1 club in this league has constantly made an atmosphere in this division since rangers and that’s Clyde.. real passionate fans that should not be anywhere near this tier.. imagine we were actually in a higher league for the 9 years we have wasted here, would be double it is now.. from the first season in this league our crowds have more than halved as well

Aye the famous Broadwood atmosphere. How could anyone forget about it?

CLyde must have the biggest fan base that don’t actually attend games, especially Home games, no one likes Broadwood no even Clyde fans.. everyone knows our away support for a 4th tier club is second to none 

3 hours ago, BullyWeeLad said:

I lap this shit up. I really do.

CLyde must have the biggest fan base that don’t actually attend games, especially Home games, no one likes Broadwood no even Clyde fans.. everyone knows our away support for a 4th tier club is second to none 

We all thank you for the white, black and red pound you give our clubs.

6 hours ago, Landan Spiv said:

We had the ultras at Edinburgh city who got banned. Too be fair they didn't help their own cause at times 

5af36f8b2eaec_abitnaughty....thumb.jpg.d7060d0f9c7f96eaebef0f89318d8c5a.jpg

yes, setting fire to council property was not the smartest move.

they only followed us because the wee p***ks had been thrown out of Easter Road!

Archived