Creating an atmosphere in the league 2

On 21 August 2018 at 20:18, Jack Burton said:
On 21 August 2018 at 16:28, Tutankhamen said:
Don't remember much of an atmosphere at Shawfield by the home support.

We left Shawfield in April 1986 think you are a wee bit behind the times.

Those were the days my friend

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 21/08/2018 at 19:29, The Spider said:

that's a bit unfair.............there was one guy at Shawfield who had a mouth like a foghorn and on the few occasions Queen's were there in the 70s and 80s he could make the stadium resonate when he broke the silence with his bellowing of "COME ON THE CLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYDE"...............takes me back that does.

Brilliant..remember him well!

Those were the days my friend

Certainly the best days ... strolling into pitch during warm up for autographs, bottles flying, flags getting burnt when the floodlights failed.... memories of a 10 year old lol

alright folks, just interested in what are away crowd numbers like in L2? thought that this would be the thread to ask. I assume that Clyde are one of the best for away supports (not that they like to remind people).  What stadiums are the best for making atmosphere - been to Broadwood for a game a few years back and the atmosphere was very poor but its understandable with the size of the place in relation to crowd.  Always felt that with a half decent crowd you could make a reasonable atmosphere at Forthbank but except from the two mentioned and cliftonhill ive not visited any other grounds in the league.

Archived