Creating an atmosphere in the league 2

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's brilliant to see the Stenny yung team at matches. For the last couple of seasons there has seemed to be a real drop off in young supporters at the ground - the death of the free under-16 season ticket was probably a major factor - and I was worried we were struggling to attract them back to Ochilview, so it's smashing to see them come along and get behind the team. There was a brilliant moment in last week's home match with Queen's Park when Jimmy Scott scored and the yung team charged to the other side of the goal to celebrate with the players.

The club, particularly Jamie Swinney, deserve a lot of credit too for their efforts to engage with young fans. We seem to have a better presence on Twitter (although the live minute-by-minute tweets need a heck of a lot of work) and "CEMSFC"'s media work is ever improving (although a more stringent line of questioning rather than "what's your thoughts?" would be welcomed). Long may it continue.

Congratulations on going up. Your ‘Stenny young team’ can now exhibit their disrespectful insolence to new fans...and they’ll be left to their own in the stand whilst the ‘security’ stasi with the beady eye parades up and down in front of opposing fans.

Yes, Ochilview atmosphere is oppressive to say the least...

And you want to bring in drums. Good luck with all that..

7 minutes ago, Velazquez Blue said:

Congratulations on going up. Your ‘Stenny young team’ can now exhibit their disrespectful insolence to new fans...and they’ll be left to their own in the stand whilst the ‘security’ stasi with the beady eye parades up and down in front of opposing fans.

Sorry mate, can't hear you all the way down there at the bottom of League 2!

The (very) yung team were afforded a fair bit of courtesy by G4S at Hampden and it did cross my mind that they were probably having more fun at our place than they would be allowed at home.

Stenny is a "community" club of course so I think it's big of them to provide an outlet for those poor souls with intense anger management issues whilst at the same time practising their skill at knuckle dragging which will benefit their job opportunities at the local pubs and clubs. Go Stenny!

• 1 month later...
On 10/05/2018 at 16:06, haufdaft said:

Why not encourage toddlers to come and bang pot lids together?

Noise for the sake of noise does not create atmosphere at grounds.

You're correct though that crowd size does help enhance ground atmosphere but drums don't.

Bizarrely, that's exactly what Stenhousemuir have done.

On 13/05/2018 at 03:00, Hedgecutter said:

(5:10 - 5:50)

I'm genuinely trying to work out whether you're being serious or light heartedly ripping the piss out of your own joke outfit. Is this the freshly rejected Jim Duffy that even Brechin punted you're talking about? The same Brechin that hasn't yet sacked Darren Dods after 0 league wins this season and is being relegated to a league a whole tier above your increasingly established level?

As for the 8000 seater part, we shouldn't need to highlight that multi Scottish Cup winning Queens Park play at (and all importantly own) a 50,000+ stadium. Of course, you'll learn this rather quickly as you visit your amateur overlords twice next season, no doubt savouring the experience in the deep and crushing knowledge that it'll be your only experience of Hampden at club level.

Anyway, in all seriousness, here's an early toast to next season and any long term ambitions you may have of earning a place in the dizzy heights of our Angus Seaside League.  Enjoy your (week of) summer. 

giphy.gif

The owners of Queens Park have flogged Hampden to the SFA for pennies on the pound and we will be groundsharing with a club like Pollock Juniors soon enough as the SFA don't want regular football played at the ground.

13 hours ago, Shugs said:

The owners of Queens Park have flogged Hampden to the SFA for pennies on the pound and we will be groundsharing with a club like Pollock Juniors soon enough as the SFA don't want regular football played at the ground.

Come again now?

• 1 month later...

I would like Annan to get into the community a little bit more. Even maybe try and contact Carlisle and do something with them (just over the border). You see a few Carlisle fans at Annan games, but I feel that they could work together for the good of both clubs, that I believe are both under supported. 

On 9 May 2018 at 19:00, BullyWeeLad said:

Only 1 club in this league has constantly made an atmosphere in this division since rangers and that’s Clyde.. real passionate fans that should not be anywhere near this tier.. imagine we were actually in a higher league for the 9 years we have wasted here, would be double it is now.. from the first season in this league our crowds have more than halved as well

Don't remember much of an atmosphere at Shawfield by the home support.

that's a bit unfair.............there was one guy at Shawfield who had a mouth like a foghorn and on the few occasions Queen's were there in the 70s and 80s he could make the stadium resonate when he broke the silence with his bellowing of "COME ON THE CLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYDE"...............takes me back that does.

Archived