Wasps -vs- Sons - The Final.

What a day. Left the house at 1030 and a broken down bus meant I still missed the game :(. BBC Alba saved me and I scared the kids big time with the scenes for both goals.

Tough on Dumbarton but we deserved that over the two games. Became increasingly desperate as it went on and we really needed a bit of luck to get a goal. We got it, just in time, and then Kirky provided a bit of class. Clearly wasn't fit today but well worth the gamble.

Condolences to the Sons who have done so well in the Championship and who have, IMO, the soundest posters on P&B. Really hope you bounce back. 

Jim Goodwin now has a huge task on his hands with the loan players leaving and everybody else out of contract. Going up should make it easier to get good players, but it's going to be a massive challenge in the Championship. I've questioned JG at times but he absolutely nailed it over the past month. Congratulations to him, that's his promotion and it's a fantastic achievement. 

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, albundy said:

Firstly congrats to Alloa, hope you go on to represent the part timers well in. The championship.

Secondly, I must be the only guy wondering around Disney world looking suicidal at the moment.

Gie Pluto a hug from me

13 minutes ago, Waspie said:

What a day. Left the house at 1030 and a broken down bus meant I still missed the game :(. BBC Alba saved me and I scared the kids big time with the scenes for both goals.

Tough on Dumbarton but we deserved that over the two games. Became increasingly desperate as it went on and we really needed a bit of luck to get a goal. We got it, just in time, and then Kirky provided a bit of class. Clearly wasn't fit today but well worth the gamble.

Condolences to the Sons who have done so well in the Championship and who have, IMO, the soundest posters on P&B. Really hope you bounce back. 

Jim Goodwin now has a huge task on his hands with the loan players leaving and everybody else out of contract. Going up should make it easier to get good players, but it's going to be a massive challenge in the Championship. I've questioned JG at times but he absolutely nailed it over the past month. Congratulations to him, that's his promotion and it's a fantastic achievement. 

We have a great chance gaining promotion of keeping kirky and maybe even Stewart !, with the buddies in the premier these guys would scarce see the pitch, 

also Calum Crane looked absolutely delighted at the end , maybe he was waiting to see if we made it up , who knows ? he looks to me like someone who has really enjoyed being here and has come on leaps and bounds  . with us playing  calum smiths pars next season i don't think that will happen but its all speculation ..

11 minutes ago, Waspie said:

How did you still miss the game?! Couldn't you have just jumped on a train?

Alloa fully deserved it and well done. Enjoy the championship, and you'll take over us next year as the best PT club in scotand.

We were just rotten and deserve to be relegated. To play that way at home and to take Stirling off who was our only goal threat. When that happened I said to my mate that aitken could regret that move.  Unbelievably poor.

I have no idea what will happen now to the club, have a bad feeling we're in for a rough few years now. 

Better to have been there than nae chance of ever getting there  :thumsup2 
Your new record is factual but our no chance of getting there is theoretical so there is a major difference there.

20 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

also Calum Crane looked absolutely delighted at the end , maybe he was waiting to see if we made it up , who knows ?

Someone in the Championship posted something last week about Crane having signed a pre contract with their side. Cant recall who.

Edit - It was Edinburgh Livi in the Livingston Thread.

Well done Alloa, well deserved and even though we beat you 3 times out of 4 this season I'm glad you went up!!!
Although you should have done it last year, ya useless b*****ds!!![emoji1]

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Someone in the Championship posted something last week about Crane having signed a pre contract with their side. Cant recall who.

Edit - It was Edinburgh Livi in the Livingston Thread.

Was told today though  from someone who knows someone in almondvale that this was not true ,but we shall see !

11 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Well done Alloa, well deserved and even though we beat you 3 times out of 4 this season I'm glad you went up!!!
Although you should have done it last year, ya useless b*****ds!!!emoji1.png

yes you were our bogey team weren't you , your performances against us still mystify me as to why you finished so poorly .

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

How did you still miss the game?! Couldn't you have just jumped on a train?

Dumbarton was a 400 mile round trip for me. Although had I kept going I'd have been there just in time for the equaliser. With the benefit of hindsight I'd have kept on going :thumsup2.

yes you were our bogey team weren't you , your performances against us still mystify me as to why you finished so poorly .

You're fucking mystified!!!

We had to watch it every week and WE can't work it out!!![emoji1]

Eta: we had two wins and a draw of Arbroath as well!!!

Weird Season for us!!!

Oooh get you and yer big words [emoji38]
You probably thought that when you reached "your" [emoji6]
Actually i attended the Glebe a couple of times last season and City were just honest triers a bit short quality wise. No goal threat.

Its Aitken's squad but the nature of competing on your budget means you need to gamble a bit on players with mixed fitness records, young loanees, guys looking to reinvent themselves and guys at the wrong end of their careers. He has got more right than wrong generally over the last couple of years.
Maybe not so much this year but his successes were in the defensive half (Dowie, Wardrop, Gallacher to an extent, Barr and Hill). In an attacking sense Handling hasnt been available enough, Stewart wasnt as important as hoped, Nade became a very large shadow of hinself and then made his position untenable and a succession of loan players offered little. 
And he had no help from a scenario where your pitch and the weather conspired to give you a shocker of a fixture pile up which hasnt helped the chances of getting a competitive team on the pitch latterly. Lot of lethargic looking players today, some no doubt nursing injury through to the end of the game. 
Not particularly trying to mount a defence of Aitken, wasnt me having to watch it every week. But I suspect a necessity of keeping things tight at the best of times was compounded by circumstances. Next year would surely have been even more difficult. Perhaps a period down a level will help in terms of entertainment on the pitch at least. Though it wont help the finances.

Challenge cup run didn't help with the fixture pile up either. We just seemed to give up/run out of steam after the final

best of luck next season though , we showed you how to do Raith now get on it !!

Cheers, we'll give it a go, but we don't really do derbies, unless it's Dunfermline of course, they fucking hate playing us!!!
Any truth you're trying to re-sign Spence for next season???

10 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Cheers, we'll give it a go, but we don't really do derbies, unless it's Dunfermline of course, they fucking hate playing us!!!
Any truth you're trying to re-sign Spence for next season???

None we think , him and goodwin do not see eye to eye apparently ..

Archived