Wasps -vs- Sons - The Final.

29 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

All I want in the line up tonight is Liam Burt starting with Stirling on either wing and Ian Russell not. If that means playing Dougie Hill as a roaming false 9 then so be it.

I think Aitken sees Burt as a good impact sub and to be honest, he is great for that such is his energy. Walsh more likely to give Dick protection (ohhh, matron) too. Not saying I agree, but it's the way Aitken will see it.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Team announced:

Gallacher, Smith, Dowie, Carswell, Dick, Walsh, Hutton, Nisbit, Stirling, Handling, Barr. Subs - G Gallagher, D Wilson, Stewart, Hill, Russell, Burt, Ewings

Suspect we'll play our usual 4-2-3-1. It'll be:

-------------Gallacher----------

Smith---Dowie---Barr---Dick

-----Carswell------Hutton----

Walsh----Handling----Stirling

-------------Nisbit---------------

Another game where we'll look to be tight at the back, take very few risks going forward and hope to bag a goal to give us some kind of lead that we can then defend. The problem with that is that Alloa have forwards who move and who are capable of running at our defenders. If we end up dropping deep to prevent there being space in behind our midfield or space for their wingers to run into then we may well find ourselves pegged back into our own half and unable to create any kind of forward momentum.

Huge game for Handling. With Carswell and Hutton both defensive/grafting midfielders we really only have Handling in the middle of the park to try to transition defending into attacking. He'll either need to hold the ball until his wide men offer him an out or he'll need to turn and run at Alloa to try to win free kicks in dangerous areas or force Alloa to back track and give us some space to play into.

Time to step up and show us that you can be that guy who transitions defending into attacking Danny. We desperately need him to be an out ball for our midfielders and to be a guy who either attacks Alloa or who sets up our wide men with balls for them to run onto.

1 minute ago, pleslie99 said:
7 minutes ago, microdave said:
I'm not making it tonight so I'm taking up residence in the Stag's Head. Mon eh Sons!!

Is it on the tv? I'm also not making it unfortunately

Alba

Coverage from 7:35.

They should get Donnie Dotaman to do the commentary wearing one of his legendarily mad bunnets.

2 minutes ago, Jumbo Muir said:

Duffy has us written off already and SA was hardly bubbling over with confidence. FFS.

Understandable.

We're more than a bit threadbare and battle scarred going into this game. Guys who were expected to be big players for us just haven't delivered. We're on a run of poor form, including a few heavy defeats, prior to the Arbroath games whilst Alloa are flying and will fancy their chances.

I'd put our chances no better than 50/50.

Archived